PDA

View Full Version : New Chapter in my Nanny Diary

McQ
05-17-2004, 12:13 PM
This one is the strangest yet. DH & I took last Thursday afternoon off and consequently gave the nanny the afternoon off. As my nanny was headed back to her home a few hours earlier than normal she gets a phone call from the ex-neighbor's husband asking what she was doing. So the nanny tells him she has the afternoon off and was going home so he tells her that his mother would be calling her. So then the grandmother calls and says "I'm in the area (with the child, SIL and SIL's baby) and we'd like to see you. We'll meet you at your house". My nanny says she's moved (true) so the grandmother says get off the bus and we'll pick you up. My nanny gets off the bus and the grandmother and rest of the clan (sans the father) pick my nanny up and take her out for ice cream.

I guess I should play the lottery with this luck as what are the freaking odds that the grandmother would be driving around my neighborhood with the child the same day I give my nanny the afternoon off. And I'll just point out that my nanny lives about 4 miles from me while the grandmother lives OVER FORTY. So what the heck was she doing in my neighborhood. I live in the burbs and we don't have any specialty stores or any thing outside the ordinary to draw people here from forty miles away nor were they out visiting friends so I just don't get it.

I did say to my nanny "what were they dong here" and she said that the father was in the area for work this weekend (two hours south actually) and the mother would be flying in on Friday to spend the weekend at her mother's (two hours southeast). So still I just don't get why they were in my neighborhood (other than stalking my nanny) and am totally wondering what they would have done had my nanny not had the afternoon off.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

kathsmom
05-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Allison,

I have read with great interest the stories you have shared about your nanny. This is getting to be downright freaky! Your ex-neighbors are just so strange. They really need to stop harassing her. I hope that things work out OK and that they will eventually leave her (and you) alone! They need to move on with their lives.

Keep us updated on what is happening!

bluej
05-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm only half joking when I say I'm afraid for your nanny. Seriously, like you said, what were they doing in the neighborhood? Did they call her after they saw her leave your place (as in were they watching for her?)? If she had put in a full day's work would she have gotten that call at the same time or would the call have come at the time she normally leaves? And why would the grandma want to see the nanny? Has she always been friendly with the nanny or what? These people are weird and have gone from annoying me to pissing me off to outright scaring me (and they aren't in MY life!)!

emilyf
05-17-2004, 01:18 PM
I agree-that is spooky. It's bad enough when the crazy mother was stalking her, but now the whole family is involved!
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

papal
05-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Allison, at this point, this pshyco extended family is really getting out of hand!!! I am just shaking my head in disbelief!! What the heck!! Grandma calling Nanny and telling her to get off the bus and taking her for icecream??????!!! Something is not right with these people.. this is entirely too strange. The Nanny must be really freaking out... I hope she stays strong and does not get intimidated by their tactics.

McQ
05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah, my nanny was like WTF!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

MelissaTC
05-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I have read your Nanny posts with much interest. Now I am just freaked out. Holy crap! What is up with that??? These people are VERY scary...

mommd
05-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Umm... can we say STALKERS!!!?? I would be tempted to get a restraining order at this point! Weird people!!!

I love reading about this by the way, it's like you have your own personal soap opera!

Marisa6826
05-17-2004, 02:56 PM
What is it with this creepy woman?

Your Nanny needs to get a restraining order!

-m

cinrein
05-17-2004, 03:12 PM
That is scary. It's almost as if they were watching her and knew she had the afternoon off!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

ddmarsh
05-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Ok my first thought was "they added a new chapter to The Nanny Diaries"??? Well, then I caught on :). Darn it though it's too bad she did go with them b/c in I think may reinforce their crazy behavior, KWIM?

On a different note wouldn't you love for them to know they are so reviled on these boards? LOL!

mamahill
05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Is it bad that as soon as I saw your post I was thinking, "All RIGHT! NOW what has the psycho neighbor done?!" I'm sorry all of this is at your (and the nanny's) expense, but how totally LAME of this neighbor. And weird. And creepy. The nanny is lucky they didn't drug her ice cream and haul her off. These people are cuh-RAY-zee. Seriously, you should write a book. I'm loving these stories!

jojo2324
05-17-2004, 06:56 PM
This just gets creepier and creepier. Really, 40 miles from home??? Creeeeeepy.

But at the same time, and I don't mean this with any disrespect, but your nanny has the right to say no to much of this. I know people can be pushy, and others can be pushovers, but there need to be limits!! These people are starting to scare me, and had I been called out of the blue like that, after all that's happened, I probably would have thought twice before going for ice cream.

I really hope it stops!! Soon! Enough already folks! And LOL, Debbie's right, do you think they have any idea how crazy we all think they are? :)

cuca_
05-17-2004, 07:25 PM
This is downright scary... but so entertaining for us. As Sarah said, I think you and your nanny should write a book. I'd definitely buy it. What weird people.

Carmen

Melanie
05-18-2004, 02:15 AM
How odd. And I agree with Joanne, though, your nanny has got to learn to say "no" if these people are driving her crazy, too! I feel bad for her. I can imagine her as one of those really nice people who'd give her last dime to someone so they can get a steak dinner while she eats a pb & j.

doubleL
05-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh my goodness!! You know they were probably going to just drop in on her AT YOUR HOUSE or something freaky! This is no longer comical. Seriously. But if you could get me an early edition of the next chapter that would be great :)

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

Sarah1
05-22-2004, 02:22 PM
That is definitely suspicious. I too have really enjoyed following your nanny saga...keep it coming!!!!

miki
05-22-2004, 04:19 PM
How creepy and weird. If I were your nanny I'd be calling the police for a restraining order because they are totally stalking her.

StaceyKim
05-24-2004, 03:19 PM
omg! that is weird!!! i haven't seen previous stories about your nanny. how do they know her so well? creepy!!!

babymama
05-26-2004, 07:21 PM
My first time reading your nanny diary. Interesting...actually, my first thought was that maybe the nanny and the ex-neighbors husband had something going on. I'm into conspiracy theories like that, though.
Still, my theory doesn't explain why the granny was involved.
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03