PDA

View Full Version : Mean people...suk

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Last year Tristan and I saved 4 turtles...I would pull over and grab them and bring them back and let them go in a safe spot on the golf course. For some reason all 4 were in April or there abouts and we have pictures of Tristan letting go each :)

This year I wondered "where are the turtles"
So we were just driving home and a small turtle was crossing the road, I always notice that it is a turtle AFTER I pass it and by the time I stoped and parked safe off the road to run on the 2 way highway to get it it appeared I would get to it BEFORE anyone came...well here comes a pick up truck I motioned for him to see the turtle and I was right there waiting for him to pass so I could run out and grab it and I swear that man lined up his wheels to run over that turtle on purpose...I couldn't even look... I can't beleive it. I would bet my last penny that he did it on purpose he had plenty of time and my gestures were obvious...

I'm so mad...
Tristan is mad too...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Kieransmom
05-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't believe it!!! How horrible!!! It's scary to know that there are people like him out there. No respect.

I live in an area where turtles cross a highly traveled road. The other day a turtle was trying to cross the road and I was going to stop but was beaten to it by a nice lady. There are so few turtles out there in the wild...they need to be saved!

I'm so glad you're trying to do your part to save them! It shows your character and you will be passing this down to Tristan. It's a noble trait to pass down!
Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

papal
05-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Wow. What a heartless cruel jerk. What goes around, comes around... someday, something similar will happen to him.. and the world will be better for it!!

billysmommy
05-18-2004, 08:36 PM
That's awful....Billy and I saved 2 turtles this last weekend. I can remember as a little kid riding with my parents and I was always the one on "turtle-watch" :)

egoldber
05-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Neve that is horrible! What is wrong with some people? What is the thrill in being cruel to a defenseless animal? I just don't get it.

Mad for you!

jec2
05-18-2004, 09:24 PM
What a creep! He'll have bad, bad karma for sure!

mamahill
05-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Ugh - that makes me want to throw up. Really. I'm nauseated now. And speechless.

etwahl
05-18-2004, 10:03 PM
quick question - how do you handle a turtle? we've seen this in our area (this is new to us) and i've also wondered how could i protect them from being run over.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

toomanystrollers
05-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Tammy,
First of all, if it's a snapper (sharp pointy edged shell) - keep clear. Otherwise, we always move them in the direction they were heading.

Neve - how sad :( I hope something of his gets squished!! like his truck!

candybomiller
05-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh my *BAD WORD BAD WORD BAD WORD*!!!!!!!! MEAN MEAN MEAN MEAN MAN. I am beyond angry. I'm sitting here with my teeth clenched. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry you had to witness this.

This person should be strung up by the short hairs.

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Well I save the snappers too...but really you don't want to get bit by one of those...they hiss and won't let go, I appraoch the turtles from behoind if big (and we have saved some biggies) and hold them far back on the shell one hand on one side and the other on the other...
BECAREFUL...
Steve saved a biggie last week on his way to work and the little guy pee'd all over him :)...
milky white pee all down Steve's leg as he walked into the building at work...not a good site :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

atlbaby
05-19-2004, 10:43 AM
How cruel!!! That's just despicable that someone would purposely harm an innocent animal like this. This makes me so sad...

On a happier note, I bet those pics of Tristan letting them go last year are just precious!
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

chlobo
05-19-2004, 02:03 PM
That's just awful.

cinrein
05-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh how mean! I can't believe how cruel some people can be!

We just saw a turtle in our backyard this morning moving towards the woods behind our house. I was wondering where he/she came from. I kept looking out my kitchen window all morning to check on his progress---I could see a little trail of trampled grass he left. :) One of the times I looked out I saw a rabbit not too far away from him. Our yard is full of rabbits, but I had to get the video camera out to capture the real live tortoise and hare!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

MartiesMom2B
05-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Ewww how gross. How would he like it if someone ran him down or his truck. What an a$$hole!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Kate888
05-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Poor poor turtle...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/ptrose.gif

lukkykatt
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
I really don't know what is up with some people and the way that they treat animals, but it really makes my blood boil.

DH and I were just discussing tonight the fact that we are probably going to stop watching The Shield, which is one of our favorite shows, because last night they showed one of the detectives killing a cat. It was a purely gratuitous scene, and I have been festering ever since. Ok, I know it is a violent show, but when they showed the cruelty to that cat, that was my breaking point. And isn't there enough animal cruelty without it being shown on tv? Anyway, I'll stop now as I digress...

MamaKath
05-19-2004, 11:01 PM
You are totally right in your statement Neve. I saw a turtle as big as a pizza squashed today. It made me so mad!!! How would you not be able to see that!!! Such a shame.

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-20-2004, 12:06 AM
...sadly if he was that big he probably was the age of our grand parents...now that is sad!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

tippy
05-20-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh God, I hope he doesn't have any kids...makes ya wonder what he must be doing to them :-( So sorry you and Tristan had to experience that. On the lighter side, I can't believe turtles pee! And down Steve's leg at that!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-20-2004, 11:39 AM
According to Steve who called me the second he arrived at work perplexed...the turtle jsut pee'd and pee'd and pee'd...he said there was a huge stream from where he picked him up all the way across the road at work where he took him to a safe spot...he said it didn't stop. I can imagine he probably picked him up from behind so butt facing Steve and when he pee'd I can only imagine.

I remember a boxer turtle in school so when Steve described the pee looked like curdled milk I could only imagine the site...
Not to sound peverted, but I could imagine walking into an office building and going up three flights of stairs with that was not the best situation to be in...

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

tippy
05-21-2004, 12:50 AM
"Not to sound peverted, but I could imagine walking into an office building and going up three flights of stairs with that was not the best situation to be in..."

OMG!!!! I am LMAO right now picturing that. POOR STEVE! POOR TURTLE! Is that normal for a turtle??? I'm wondering if it could have been injured. OK, now I'm going to obsess about turtles and pee (it's just the kinda girl I am!) and probably going to spend the next hour researching the topic on the net. How pathetic is that? Hopefully it all came out at the cleaners! (no pun intended!) }(

Edited because my smiley face didn't come up the first time.

snp624
05-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Poor turtle!!!!

This reminds me of stories DH told me before, that when he was a teenager his friends would try to run over squirrels like it's a game. He was in a passenger seat, horrified! Also when he was a boy, his friend threw a rock at a turtle, and his shell broke. DH went home and cried, thinking that the turtle will probably die. I almost cried when he told me that!

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I didn't grow up with wild animals in Japan, so I did not have to experience such terrible things, where friends enjoy killing small animals. I am so glad DH is not friends with those people anymore!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-21-2004, 01:20 PM
I think, atleast the big turtles pee that way...
but share with me what you have, poor little guy might have had an infection. I do remember "soup" my grade school turtle pee'd that way...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003