PDA

View Full Version : It's so hot!!

himom
05-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Ugh. My house is so hot my husband has spent the last few days referring to it as a convection oven. We have all the fans going full blast but all it does is move around hot air. And it's a humid heat, which means everyone is sporting a lovely sheen of sweat (very attractive).

The weirdest part is it stays hot late at night and early in the morning. 7 am when we woke up we opened our bedroom door and got hit by a mini heatwave. (Our room has AC, and I've never been more thankful. Thank goodness for AC. Whoever invented it is my new favorite person!)

And it's only May!!! What will the rest of summer be like?

I'm so, so happy that we decided to wait on baby number two because if I was pregnant in this heat I'm sure I'd be impossible to live with.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, February 2003

toomanystrollers
05-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Jodi - you're in Hawaii?
Do you wanna swap houses and come live in dreary Massachusetts? :)

himom
05-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh, it's tempting!!! Right about now I'm longing for someplace cool with houses that don't cost a half a million dollars!

Usually it's gorgeous and relatively cool here, but lately our tradewinds have been noticably absent. I'm also discouraged with house hunting.

I think I'd miss my beaches and sunny skies, though. =)

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua K, February 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-24-2004, 10:09 AM
...why can't I bring myself to feel sorry for you:)....just joking obviously:)...

Edited because I clearly typed "you" and "obviously" and for some reason it shows up as "yo" and "obviousl" but when I go to edit it is typed in the box as I typed it but shows up like this on what is visable...:)

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

momathome
05-24-2004, 02:54 PM
I have had this happen to me before, too, Neve. Leave an extra space before putting in the smilie, otherwise, it cuts out the last letter!
-Lauren

himom
05-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Lauren! You solved a mystery for me.

momathome
05-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Glad to help! :)
-Lauren

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
AHHHHH thanks for figuring that one out...I never would have ! :)
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

memedee
05-24-2004, 11:45 PM
How about dreary rainy muggy Massachusetts and houses that cost over half a million dollars.
Why do I LOVE it here