PDA

View Full Version : Um, along the lines of unprofessional...

peanut4us
05-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Someone who works at my large big blue company is acutally leaving Mary Kay catalogs in the BATHROOM! WTH? Seriously, that is just excessively unprofessional. Our company is pretty highly regulated as far as rules about advertising and soliciting for noncompany things on site. In the bathroom though, how tacky!

KYBelle1102
05-28-2004, 01:17 PM
ITA...I fight that battle all the time (I'm in HR). I would just toss them in the trash (and throw some extra paper towels on top). We're pretty casual around here, but it still gripes me to no end.

The one that really irks me is this LTD Commodities business. They will not set up an account that ships to a residential address. Then they try to bill THE COMPANY if someone fails to pay the outstanding balance. We ended up having to pay a $150 bill for merchandise they shipped to one of our former employees, then we turned the employee over to our collection agency and ended up garnishing her wages (at her new employer) over it...

Grrrr!

Sarah1
05-28-2004, 02:49 PM
That's pretty bad. Definitely, tacky is a word I'd use!

sntm
05-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Goes to show you how different places are. That sort of thing is expected in the hospital. One of the bulletain boards outside the OR has postings for Longaberger basket parties, Creative memories parties, Mary Kay, Avon, Doscovery Toys, plus a rotating list for school/team/Scouts fundraisers.

It does make it easier to do holiday shopping when you are stuck in the hospital 24-7, though!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Dcclerk
05-28-2004, 06:27 PM
That just grosses me out. But I'll be the first to admit that I have bathroom "issues".

We get the catalogs in the break rooms and kitchens. Smart marketing in my mind since while everyone is just waiting for their stuff to microwave, they can take a gander.... If someone started repping Pampered Chef in my office, they would actually get a sale!

ShayleighCarsensMom
05-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Next time you wash your hands, toss them in the sink for a bath, then toss them straight into the trash!

McQ
06-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Well I have one that just grosses me out. How about the men that take a newspaper or magazine to the bathroom with them. Ick!!! I don't need to know that. It's just a big flag that you're going to go sit on the pot. No thanks. Makes my eyes burn.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

MartiesMom2B
06-01-2004, 07:08 PM
We used to have this woman who would take the OFFICE paper in the cubicle with her. If you saw the paper spread out on the floor, you knew to back track and use the upstairs bathroom. So nasty! And then if you needed or wanted to look at the paper you had to ask the receptionist if it was safe. Nasty!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-01-2004, 10:46 PM
I totally agree...and they seem to walk to the bathroom with the paper in hand like a huge status symbol of being proud of what they are about to do...

I totally agree!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

pritchettzoo
06-01-2004, 11:12 PM
That's great to have a specified bulletin board to support employees who do those things and protect employees who aren't interested!

And Joey, it's tacky but better than a Playboy! I *hated* going to the restroom in this brokerage firm I temped for in college. Eeeew. Unless it was an emergency, I would run over to a friend's office and go there. I hated to think what all happened in the Good Ole Boy bathroom! ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

pritchettzoo
06-01-2004, 11:17 PM
I clerked for a law firm where one of the attorneys would take his case files into the bathroom. I flat out refused to take the file from him when he tried to hand it to me on his way back from there. The refile clerks boycotted his files too. The managing partner had to tell him to cease and desist that disgusting little habit.

I've worked for some places with strange bathroom habits! It makes changing my new boss' ;) diapers like a dream!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)