PDA

View Full Version : I cant wait to move! When it rains it pours!

SeekerMage
06-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Grrr just another reason why I cant wait to move and want to move NOW! We were hoping to have our place cleaned out and ready to paint and repair next weekend to put it on the market by the beginning of the week, but noooo of course not! Not with our luck!

Instead....Sunday night about 1am my shelf in the kitchen fell down breaking ALL of my cookie jars (4 of them) and prized tea pot from my mom, a candy dish and two vases. GRRRRR! Sooo I had to spend all day cleaning out the kitchen finding all the shards of glass that were every where. I got only part way finished when we noticed one of the cats was limping.....sooo a trip to the emergency vet (Thank gods one was open on memorial day!) Luckily it only was a mild laceration that required only one stitch...so now I have a pitiful cat that just lays on the floor or hides under the bed and limps still...and is totally embarrassed by the cone on his head.

To top things off Lil'bit is teething (both bottom ones are in and causing problems) so she wants to be held and now is biting while nursing...grrr.(thats a whole other rant I wont go into)...and I have to work all week because my boss is moving (she was supposed to move a month ago but kept putting it off...she still hasnt gotten hardly anything packed sooo that means I have to go and work hours that I dont normally work!) Im just getting aggrivated...dont get me wrong I love my job but Im never home, my house is a disaster and we have to clean it up before we can even pack anything up because everything is everywhere! I just want normal hours, I want her to be back when she says she will be (today she said 530 but came back about 615) Im sooo frustrated! I never see my husband, my kids dont have a normal schedule any more, and now we are trying to throw moving into the mix...that with having to worry about the cat....Im fed up! My perfect plan was to get all the moving done this past weekend, hubby took time off work and everything, but no. We havent even made a dent and now neither of us will be home the rest of the week. Calgon take me away...far far away!

oh well....atleast I can laugh at the pitiful cat I have...attached is a picture....cone kitty!

deborah_r
06-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, the cat is kind of comic relief! Poor thing, they sure do hate those cones! My dog always outsmarts the cone and gets around it somehow - he also mastered the art of intentionally ramming it into the back of your legs!

I hope things let up for you soon!!!

mattiew
06-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear "Murphy" has moved in....I hate that overwhelming feeling!!! The good news is next week SHOULD be better.

I laughed, and laughed about your cat and THEN saw the picture...HYSTERICAL, thanks for making my day!! I love my 2 cats but aren't they funny how they get so bent out of shape about things. I guess I would too if I had a cone on : )

Carrie

Melanie
06-05-2004, 07:27 PM
I am sorry about you and your cat's misfortune, but I was already laughing at the cat before you attached the photo! That's hysterical, yet sad at the same time.