PDA

View Full Version : He just made himself throw up!

jojo2324
06-02-2004, 09:43 AM
ARGH!! This child! He is in a time out for whacking his sister on the head, and just made himself throw up by cramming his fingers in his mouth. I kept him in time out, but now he just continues to stick his whole hand in there and gag.

Of course I need to leave for work in 15 minutes.

pamela mom of 3
06-02-2004, 09:54 AM
My son does this but without the fingers he just gets so uptight and then well up come the tummy contents...

I don't have a suggestion just thought i'd say i've been there! ;)

Sorry your day has started poorly!

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

AngelaS
06-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Stinker!! The little boy I used to nanny could do this WITHOUT fingers. My solution was that he had to have timeouts in the bathroom over a open toilet (he was 3). When that ceased to work, he quickly learned that wiping up vomit w/a paper towel wasn't any fun! :D

candybomiller
06-02-2004, 11:27 AM
What a little stinker! Hope the rest of your day goes better!

Mommie2MadLyn
06-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Joanne, you certainly have your hands full with that little boy don't you !!! ;-) And he totally knows how to get under your skin! Madison started putting her fingers down her throat too this week...but we haven't had any vomit yet! Thank God!!! Good Luck and go have some "kid - free" time at work. Not that work is all that fun I'm sure...but hey!

lukkykatt
06-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Poor Sorrel and poor you! Where do you put him for time out? Wondering if you put him somewhere no one could see him if he would do that? Maybe he is just trying to get a reaction?

Have you read 1-2-3 Magic? Even if you don't want to follow the whole thing (Gannon is still a little young), I remember that the author does go through all kinds of time out scenarios - maybe you could pick up some ideas.

Hope things go better for you tonight!

momma_boo
06-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Wow. Hopefully, work will provide a little bit of a respite from the kiddos.

For your sake (and sanity) I hope he doesn't turn this into a trend!

deborah_r
06-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Oh, Gannon, Gannon, Gannon! Do you think he plans these things out ahead of time "hmmm, how can I drive mom crazy today?"

Some day you can embarrass him with these stories!

tippy
06-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Hi,
Sorry your day started out so crummy. How old is Gannon? My ds has occassionaly stuck his hand in his mouth and gagged or thrown up but it has been directly related to teething. He is 17mo and has almost all his teeth and has had a really rought time with teething from the beginning. His molars and eye teeth were the worst and when they were comming in is when he would gag himself. Not sure if this is at all the problem with Gannon and if I'm way off here i'm sorry. Just thought I'd put it out there in case...