PDA

View Full Version : Ex-neighbor sighting in my neighborhood...

McQ
06-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Yesterday my DH ran into our busy-body neighbor who we just adore. You know the type, the one that knows everything that goes on on your street. So DH and the busy-body were talking and she mentioned that the husband half of the ex-neighbor nanny nabbing duo was hanging around the neighborhood yesterday. So of course busy-body asks him what/how he was doing and he told her that he was just stopping by to see what the new owners had done to his yard. Hmmm, the ex-neighbors were not really yard people. My money is on him trying to see my nanny.

My DH is the worst at getting dish from people so he didn't pry or even speculate with the busy-body. And I left this morning before the nanny got to our house so I haven't had a chance to chat with her. And while the nanny and my DH do talk, they don't gab like the nanny and I do. So I'll have to wait until Monday to see if the ex-neighbor stopped by. Any of you want to take some bets :)

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

bluej
06-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Uh, I would warn your nanny! I guess if she ever shows up missing, you know where to look for her! Those people have a serious problem. I'm sure she is a fabulous nanny, but come on, can't they even TRY to find someone as great where they are now?!

Marisa6826
06-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Allison-

This whole thing was kind of funny in a sick sort of way. But now it's just really unreasonable.

I would seriously have the nanny take out a temporary restraining order. This family is quite literally stalking her.

I mean, what if they were to get out of hand while your children were out for a walk with the nanny?

What is your nanny's take on all of this?

-m

McQ
06-04-2004, 02:30 PM
I know the stories have been creepy, but I'm really not scared of them. Sure I was mad as hell in the beginning with their sense of entitlement and relentless pursuit. But now I see it as pathetic and that they need to just move on. I truly don't see this as being dangerous. And neither does the nanny. Weird maybe, but not dangerous.

Allison
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

MartiesMom2B
06-04-2004, 02:44 PM
I still think that your ex-neighbors are psycho and your nanny should take some precautions. Icky icky!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

momma_boo
06-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh my goodness. The saga never ends with these people?
Didn't they move far,far away (like airplane-riding distance?).

I would bet money that he stopped by to see your Nanny. Although I'm surprised if he did see her and she didn't mention it. It seems like you have a pretty open relationship.

Melanie
06-05-2004, 07:23 PM
OMG! They are STALKERS! What is WRONG with those people?!

tippy
06-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Hi! I'm missing some background information here!!! Is there another post I can see to catch up. This sounds better than Day's of Our Lives (just kidding and just a reference, I really don't watch soaps!!!)

deborah_r
06-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Grab a cup of coffe, a glass of wine, a Coke, whatever your drink of choice....and enjoy!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=5516&mesg_id=5516&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=5667&mesg_id=5667&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=7521&mesg_id=7521&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=8457&mesg_id=8457&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=9215&mesg_id=9215&listing_type=search

MelissaTC
06-06-2004, 07:27 PM
WOW! These people have serious issues. I can't believe that!

And P.S. - my DH is terrible about getting the dish from people as well. :)

olim
06-06-2004, 08:18 PM
OMG!!!
Now, I've been known to have a vivid imagination and I apologize in advance if this is a bit over the top but....

Is it possible that the nanny had some kind of "relationship" with either the husband or wife (or both of them for that matter)? It just seems odd to me that nanny hasn't been more forceful in telling them to take a hike. If she is a timid person, she could have just not returned the woman's calls. Something is fishy about the whole thing and I think more is going on that you know about.

Now that I think of if it, it kinda sounds like one of those movies on Lifetime. Young nanny gets involved with the married father. She decides to end the relationship but he still wants to continue it and starts stalking her. The wife finds out about the relationship and lures the nanny back into the home where she kills nanny and the husband but tries to make it look like a murder/suicide thing. (told you I have a vivid imagination ) :-P

Anyway......From everything that you have said, I really wouldn't be surprised if you found out that something more had gone on between the nanny and husband/wife. No one gets this obsessed over a nanny, do they?

SAHM to Madeline Penelope Jan. 9 2004

tippy
06-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I LAUGHED! I CRIED! I GOT REALLY REALLY SCARED! GOT ANGRY! GOT HYSTERICAL! FORGET THE BOOK....GO STRAIGHT FOR THE SREENPLAY!!!!!!
I can totally see Bette Midler as the nanny stealing neighbor starring in "Stealing Nanny" (could be the title of the movie...what do you think?? We could start a new post...we'de have to come up with a title for the film and the stars to play the roles of The Nanny, The Good Neighbors and the Evil Nanny Stealers...Oh, and let's not forget the Grandmother, Nosey Neighbor and kids....Thank you so much for posting the links to those threads!

All kidding aside, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Here is a sensitive question and I hope I'm not out of line but...is your nanny legal (I mean is her paperwork and all in order?) If not, maybe she is afraid of these people (with good reason, I might add). Otherwise...Here is what I would do (not that you asked but FWIW...) I would ask the nanny flat out if she had any interest whatsoever for any reason in seeing these people or working for them again. If she say's no, I would ask her if you have her permission to speak on her behalf and if so I would let these people have it. I mean enough if enough. Any lawyers out there know if there is any legal precedent here? Maybe you could start harrasing her at HER OFFICE and see how she likes it! Ok, I had a little too much caffeine sorry! I'll shut-up now. Good Luck..I can't wait to find out what happens tomorrow!

McQ
06-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but trust me, there's nothing that salacious going on. My nanny is an older Bolivian woman - not a hot young Swedish au pair. She's just that great with the kids - plus taking care of the house. I really think it's the housework that the neighbors are having a hard time giving up. Not only does this woman do things like laundry and loading/unloading the dishwasher but she cleans, takes out the trash and even makes our bed in the morning. All things I've never asked for, she just sees something that needs to be done and does it. On top of being great with the kids. I don't know where she gets that energy. Yes I know I'm spoiled by this and I appreciate it all. I think the neighbors are having a hard time not having this.

The nanny is very timid about asking for things. I even have a hard time getting stuff out of her if I'm going to the grocery store and ask her what she'd like me to pick up. She'll respond "whatever you like. no problem, just whatever is fine." And I'm like just tell me what you want and I'll get it for you. She has a hard time putting herself first if I'm making any sense. I treat her as an employee, human being and a friend and the neighbor's treated her more as just a worker without respecting her as a person.

Allison
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

zuzu
06-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Sorry to hear the saga is not over. Although it does make for some interesting reading. :)

Your nanny sounds amazing though--I may have to start stalking her. ;)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)