PDA

View Full Version : ARRGH! Sitter leaves BM in diaper bag!

Jacksonvol
06-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Just a quick vent. DH does not understand. I found 4 oz. of unused BM in DD's diaper bag this morning! This is after I showed her sitter the bottle of BM & the smaller storage bottle. And to top it off, I left the diaper bag in the car last night because my hands were full. Arrgh! Arrgh! DH's comment, "Don't worry, you can make maore.", was intended to be sympathetic, but he is not the one hooked up to the pump! Serenity Now! Serenity Now! O.k. I feel better, thanks!

Lisa

stillplayswithbarbies
06-12-2004, 10:28 AM
OMG! I totally understand how you feel. I remember the first time DH left a bottle of breastmilk out on the counter all night. I was crushed. I made him be the one to pour it out, I couldn't even do it myself. Don't they realize that stuff is *alive*, it came out of us, it's precious. That exact milk can never be made again, it's gone. The milk is constantly changing and whatever was in that milk that day, flavors from food I ate, antibodies to whatever I was exposed to that day, is now gone and can't be made again.

Each drop of breastmilk is like an individual work of art. If the Mona Lisa got destroyed, would he say "don't worry, he can paint another one"?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

suribear
06-12-2004, 12:20 PM
OMG, for a second I thought BM= bowel movement! (as in dirty diaper)

Breast milk is bad enough, though. sorry. I know that stuff is precious.

Kris

Jacksonvol
06-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Good point! A dirty diaper left in the bag in my car overnight in the south would be way worse! At least the milk incident is over and done with. The dirty diaper would be with me for quite a while! That is something to be thankful for!
Lisa

wendinbill
06-13-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't blame you for being mad!! At 9 mos. pp it is SO much work to pump anything extra for sitters!! I completely understand your frustration!!!

workaholic
06-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Lord honey, I had enough of that stuff to share with the neighborhood. However, It was like gold after DS stopped nursing around 10 months. I'd unload my Mom's deep freezer every week. I knew there had to be a reason that I had enough milk for six babies for the first 3 months. I don't think anyone quite understands it's value, except your fellow nursing mothers. Sure you may be able to make more; but like you said, who wants to be stuck to a machine all the time. That's part of the reason I gave up on nursing Cooper around 8 months. It started to become useless to pump. Just keep up the good work. You're baby appreciates it...

Aimee Larsen
Momma to Cooper
Crossing fingers for another...
Owner: Ella-Bags