PDA

View Full Version : Bleach disaster in the laundry room

sweetbasil
06-15-2004, 01:56 PM
I've been smelling a light bleach odor in our laundry room for a few days. We've had guys here bleaching our siding, getting ready to repaint it, so I wondered if it was related. Except that there's no siding on the laundry room wall- just brick. So I opened up the cabinets yesterday and out came dripping bleach...all over my black silk brocade Zolowear sling.

The culprit bottle was a back up, recently purchased and waiting to replace a nearly-empty bottle of bleach. It was Ultra Advantage Clorox, has never even been opened, and is apparently leaking from a seam on the bottom of the bottle.

DH gave the sling to me (during their most recent sales event) as an early Valentine's present. As the fabric continued to dry, it became more and more discolored shredded- the bleach ate the fibers. Darien at Zolowear said to not use it anymore- that its integrity is compromised as it has holes in it. I was heartbroken.

I e-mailed Clorox and tried calling last night, but they were closed for the night. But I finally reached them this morning, and they're sending an envelope for me to mail back the empty bottle of bleach, a form from ZoloWear showing how much a replacement will be, and pictures of the ruined sling.

Anyway, this is a bitching-turned-cheers for Clorox- hopefully they'll come through for us on this!

kfcboston
06-15-2004, 02:04 PM
OMG, Julie - what a disaster!! Please keep us posted on Clorox though. If they come through it will be a thumbs-up for them! And you'll kind of have your sling back. :)

cinrein
06-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Oh no! I'd be heartbroken!
I hope Clorox stands behind it.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

JenaW
06-15-2004, 08:05 PM
OMG I almost cried FOR YOU! I would be heartbroken too. I sincerely hope Clorox comes through for you! That would be great if they did!

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

candybomiller
06-15-2004, 10:02 PM
At first I was praying it wasn't a problem with your house, but I was just as crushed when you said your sling had been ruined!!

Hope Clorox pulls through.

papal
06-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh no Julie!! Stupid CLOROX.. not only am i mad that the bleach ruined the gorgeous sling but i am super mad that this could potentially have been a very dangerous situation! What if the babies happened to be there and touched the stuff if it got on the floor... you know?? They better replace the sling and the bottle.. i can just see a lawsuit in the making here. You would think they would make safer containers for a bottle of bleach!!

pritchettzoo
06-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow. I really hope Clorox follows through. If not, you know where to find us. We'll barrage them with emails... }(

Anna

starrynight
06-17-2004, 01:22 AM
I hope clorox follows through! It's reasons like that why I don't keep bleach in the house. I'm so sorry about the zolo (I would have cried!). I'm glad you found the bleach before the kids did!

jec2
06-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh, I hope they pay for your new sling. They should! keep us updated.

sweetbasil
06-19-2004, 09:30 PM
>It's reasons like that why I don't keep bleach in the house.

No kidding- I won't now, either! Great idea, Jackie. Thanks :)

sweetbasil
07-21-2004, 06:18 PM
>Oh, I hope they pay for your new sling. They should! keep
>us updated.

They did, they did! A check for a full-priced ZoloWear sling arrived in the mail from Clorox today. Yea for them! Now I've gotta figure out which silk sling I want to order as a replacement. I'm leaning towards the blue butterflies one, but worry that it could be a bit feminine for carrying a boy in (don't blast me, please!) and get dirty easily b/c it's such a light color. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

cinrein
07-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Oh good! Thanks for updating us. I thought about you and your sling the other day when I was using some bleach in my laundry room. :)

No advice on which sling to pick---maybe order some swatches?

Cindy and Anna February 2003

starrynight
07-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Yay for clorox!! That is great news they sent you replacement cost. I love the green cherry blossoms or the red dragonflys, enjoy picking one out.

sweetbasil
07-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Thanks, everybody. We got the light blue butterflies sling and just love it! I'm so glad to have one different- having another black one w/multi-colored dragons would've made me sad every time I saw it!