PDA

View Full Version : The lady at APea in the Pod was a complete and utter idiot. grrr..

papal
06-17-2004, 12:16 AM
So, i just went in there today to see if they had any nursing bras. There was this one woman who came to help me out.
She says "Hello, can I help you?"
I say, "Hi, I was wondering if you had any nursing bras"
She looks at me and asks, "How old is the baby?"
I say, "8 months old".
She says " WHAT? You are still nursing the baby at 8 months!!". I was flabbergasted.. NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX YOU MORON ran thru my head but I said something like "Shouldn't I be? Why do you say that?".
Then she says "You should be pregnant with number 2 by now." WTH? WHO ARE YOU AGAIN??
THEN, she LOOKS at my boobs and goes.. "oh, you are a 38D".. umm.. ok... you measure with your freakin EYES now??? She picked out one bra and said, "This is your size, try it on". So i tried it on.. she comes into the dressing room to check and i swear my boobs are falling out of this thing and she goes.. "PERFECT.. that is a great fit". HELLO?? WHAT???
I said, it feels too small.. she says.. "OK, you go to Mimi or anywhere else, you wont find anything better". WHAT??!!! Oh, also, she unsnaps the bra and exposes my boob!! WTH.. is there a need to do that?
I was SEETHING.
I left, promptly went to Nordy, got measured with a TAPE, and my size was totally diff (34DD) and got myself a Wacoal.. thank goodness for Nordy. BTW, Nordy lady said.. Victorias Secret people also have NO CLUE how to measure.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. Ok, i should be sleeping or packing..just wanted to get this of my chest. phew.

pritchettzoo
06-17-2004, 12:55 AM
SUPERFREAK! Rashmi, you MUST email A Pea in the Pod. That weirdo needs to be removed!

Anna

workaholic
06-17-2004, 01:15 AM
You need to report this behavior while it's still fresh in your mind.
Although, I'm sure you'll never forget it.

I'd hate to think some new mom with her little tiny baby would go in all hormonal and have to deal with that. She needs to be dealt with, ASAP. I don't think there is a place in society for people so strange. Good for you for not punching her in the face :)

Aimee Larsen
Momma to Cooper
Crossing fingers for another...
Owner: Ella-Bags

sweetbasil
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Holy crap! I hope you got her name- and I'd totally call or e-mail their corporate cust. serv. right when you're back in town, Rashmi. What a jerk!

houseof3boys
06-17-2004, 10:07 AM
OMG, I can't believe that. I love situations like that because I would have ripped her to shreds with her rudeness. :) I'm so mean.

I can't believe that happened to you. That really is unreal. Glad Nordy's was good to you, they always are!

miki
06-17-2004, 11:09 AM
That's terrible! You should totally send a letter to them. A Pea in the Pod stores are owned by Mother's Work Inc. (www.motherswork.com) . The company was founded by a mom who couldn't find maternity clothes she liked. You'd hope that they would care they had such an awful employee.

candybomiller
06-17-2004, 11:24 AM
How incredibly, completely totally uncalled for.

I admire your restraint for not going postal. Definitely email the main company about your experience. No mom should have to go through that.

What a beeeatch.

crl
06-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Awful! Awful! Awful! (Was this in Pentagon City? Isn't it just bizarre that there's a maternity store right next to a cigar store?)

Marisa6826
06-17-2004, 12:14 PM
OH, it's a good thing we weren't shopping together. She wouldn't have known what hit her by the time I was done with her ;)

I can't remember who it is that I know, but they actually smacked the hand of the salesperson and threw her out of the dressing room. She blamed it on hormones...

I HATE shopping for bras anywhere other than Nordy's.

Send a nasty email!!!

-m

new_mommy25
06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
WHAT A FREAKING MORON!!! Dang, people kill me these days.

Anyway, I love Nordy's for bras too. We are the same size. Have you tried their Le Mystere nursing bras? THey are black lace and very sexy ;)

sntm
06-17-2004, 01:54 PM
>
>I can't remember who it is that I know, but they actually
>smacked the hand of the salesperson and threw her out of the
>dressing room. She blamed it on hormones...
>

ROFLMAO! Bad saleslady! Bad! Bad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

cinrein
06-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Oh my goodness! I wonder what she says to pregnant women who go in the try on some clothes!

I usually just let stuff roll off my back, but in addition to the bra sizing fiasco and the boob show, she made several inappropriate comments. It's too much---I'd have to complain to someone.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

californiagirl
06-17-2004, 05:06 PM
That sounds terrible. I have to say though, at Nordstrom's they meaasured me with a tape while I was pg, and got the tape too low.
I refused to believe that I was a 42 C (I was wearing a 38DD, which she said must have stretched!) I tried one on, and it was hopeless. The
38DD was just fine (I'm wearing it now). When my milk first came in, though, I couldn't wear any of the nursing bras I had and went to the local hospital's nursing store, where they had no trouble at all getting me a perfect fit by eye, no tape measure involved. I have to go again, assuming I'll stay this size for a while.

mamahill
06-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Whaaaaaa?! Yes, report her. To Pea in the Pod and the AAPMR (American Association for the Prevention of Morons Reproducing). Ok, not the second, but I'm seriously considering starting an organization of some sort. Geez.

pritchettzoo
06-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Oh jeez. Diet Cherry Coke through the nose. If you need any officers in your new association, LMK. :)

Anna

Vajrastorm
06-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Well, why AREN'T you pregnant with number two? Huh? Huh?

Yeesh.

bobica
06-18-2004, 01:49 PM
OMG when people are that stupid AND work with hormonal women, how do they even survive??? I always think about people who say those things... someday they're going to say it to a woman who had trauma, lost a baby, can't get pregnant again, something. They DO NOT LEARN without serious repercussions!!!!

ON the stupid people topic, we've decided that the next time someone asks if siobhan is a boy or a girl when she's wearing all pink, drinking a pink bottle and wearing shoes with flowers (no kidding, just happened this week), i'm going to start saying, "no but i really wanted one!" that should shut them up, right?

Rashmi- COMPLAIN IN WRITING!!!! You never know what could happen from your complaint and you could even get some coupons!

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 3/03

jec2
06-19-2004, 01:07 PM
What? I would be just as irritated too. Thank goodness for Nordstrom is right! I always go there to get measured. Unfortunately, our Nordie's doesn't even have the nursing bras on the freaking floor. If I never asked, then I'd never know they had them. Why don't they just keep them out? Come on, you cannot sell what you do not have (or do not have on display).