PDA

View Full Version : why do I always have to do it?

sntm
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
I've already forgiven him, but DH ticked me off good this AM. He was being helpful and grabbed the five thousand bags I take with me every morning to carry out to the car. I see him loaded down, think to myself "wonderful! We are ready to leave and it's still before 7:30 and I will actually be at work at a reasonable time today!"

So of course, when I go to drop Jack off at daycare, um, where's the diaper bag? With the 10 oz sippy of fresh EBM? Yes, he grabbed every bag BUT that one. I call him.
"No, I didn't grab the diaper bag. You are the one who puts the milk in."
Yes, but I already did that.
"Well, you walked past it several times to go lock the back door." Well, then why didn't you say something when you are standing with me putting Jack in the car and I don't have it?!?!?!
????
Can you go pick it up?
"Why, what do you have this morning?"
Ummmm, work?!?!? Okay, no meetings or anything, and true I do spend some time (cough, cough) at work on the boards, but I have to get to work too!

Arrggghhh.

So, it sucked a half hour out of my morning, that I remedied by stopping at the drugstore for vacation supplies and buying some makeup for myself.
:P

And I may have to go back to Marshalls for a pair of shoes.
:P :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

houseof3boys
06-17-2004, 02:40 PM
I think you need two pairs of shoes from Marshalls.

DH does that too. I asked him to put snacks in the bag and he looked at me like that was the craziest thing he had ever heard. Here are your instructions: Open the box, take out the crackers and put them in the small tupperware! Thank goodness he didn't have to break them into Ryan size pieces since it was a new brand of crackers and they are tiny. :)

Hope the day got happier with new makeup for the trip.

alkagift
06-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh, that has happened to me I don't know how many times. It is now a joke--"did you put the cups in the bag?" "Yes." "Did you put the snacks in the bag?" "Yes." "Are there actually diapers in the diaper bag?" "Yes, dang it, it's ready!" And when we get there, no wipes. And it's my fault for not asking about them too!

Oh, yes, I've had to run home from work 'cause I left the bottles too. I treated myself to Starbucks and a scone for the pain...

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton

todzwife
06-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Another case of "if you want something right, you gotta do it YOURSELF!" I don't even depend on DH to do anything if I really NEED it to be done.

tippy
06-18-2004, 01:31 AM
"I asked him to put snacks in the bag and he looked at me like that was the craziest thing he had ever heard. Here are your instructions: Open the box, take out the crackers and put them in the small tupperware!"

My DH's response....What's a cracker?

Seriously, he is pathetic. I get all ds's stuff ready for everything. Even when I leave fresh fruit, and other food for him to feed ds on the weekends I work I sometimes come home to find them still in the frig and a bunch of empty earths best baby food jars in the sink (ds is 17 mo and I keep these for emergency's) x(

sntm
06-18-2004, 12:41 PM
>I think you need two pairs of shoes from Marshalls.
>

Enabler.

Going to Marshalls today.

:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03