PDA

View Full Version : DH "let" DS ruin my mobile

barbarhow
06-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr......We just moved into our spanking brand new home-thats the good news. During my unpacking frenzy I found a box of my childhood things and in it was my ugly duckling mobile. It is adorable-a mommy duck with her 3 ducklings and the little ugly duckling. It has held up pretty well despite its "advanced" age...I replaced a couple of the threads on it and was so excited to hang it in Jacks room. Yesterday DH came into the kitchen and said "I screwed up". Huh? Jack broke the mobile.
It seems that he allowed him to "play" with it. Duh!!!! A mobile is not a toy truck. You don't get to play with it. Bad enough that the threads were torn-It will take time but I can replace them-but he tore the ugly duckling in half. I wanted to kill DH.
Instead I took a deep breath and didn't speak to him for 30 minutes. Then I took another deep breath and told him how I think that once in a while he has to say no to Jack. No-he can't play with everything he wants to. And how some things are decorations and not toys... Etc. Etc. I still want to bop him on the head with something. Thank you for letting me vent.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

aliceinwonderland
06-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Oh, that would make me so sad/mad too...I'm sorry it happened!

eri

candybomiller
06-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Bad DH!! He definitely needs a time out!

cuca_
06-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Oh, Barbara, I am so sorry! Is there anyway to put the ugly duckling back together? I would have been so upset that my silent treatment would have lasted much more than 30 min. Your DH is lucky!

Carmen

jubilee
06-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Congrats on your new house, and also on your restraint on not killing your hubby.

Happy unpacking!