PDA

View Full Version : DH is being a jerk about all our baby gear

DebbieJ
06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Ugh. I was expressing frustration with our highchair last night. We have the Chicco Mamma--I let DH pick even though I really wanted the FP Healhty Care. He says something like "don't tell me you don't like this high chair--we're not buying another one." Then goes on and on about how I already own four slings and we never use the pack-n-play...blah blah blah....

UGH! He was being such a jerk! He doesn't understand that all my slings are different (Maya, Zolo, MnM pouch, and Kozy--will probably sell the Zolo soon). And my plans for the PnP just didn't work out, so I'm probably going to sell that too.

He just doesn't understand....

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03

redhookmom
06-25-2004, 01:40 PM
This is what I do with my DH. You have to realate it to someting he cares about. My DH likes sking and rollerblading. He has had a few pairs of skis, goggles, blades etc since whe have known each other. They are all the same aren't they?!

barbarhow
06-25-2004, 02:06 PM
I do the same thing. I would liken the slings to my DHs shoes-he has a pair for golf, a pair for tennis, one for running, one for just kicking around...I could go on, IYKWIM.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

jec2
06-25-2004, 07:08 PM
It's just so hard to gauge what you will like and not like/use and not use etc until you are knee-deep in the parenthood trenches. Even then, it's not always up to what YOU like and dislike, it's a matter of what that 8 lb. wonder likes and dislikes.

So, just tell DH to "simmer down" -- that's from an SnL skit that bugged me but DH and I always use it when one of us is getting all worked up. It always makes us laugh.

new_mommy25
06-26-2004, 02:42 AM
Do we have the same husband, LOL. My DH knows nothing about slings and constantly goes out of his way to remind me that 6 is way too many.

I'm sorry he's being a jerk. ((((HUGS))))) Maybe he's just in a bad mood and kinda snappy. My DH gets like that after work and it takes him about an hour to "unwind".

beckyr88
06-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Oh! I totally understand. First of all, the Chicco Mamma just plain stinks. We have the same one (only it was my choice! ). We might as well just not have a chair and let her eat on the floor.... And just today DH was complaining on how I insist on having the most expensive (Britax) carseat, like I wanted it just because it was the priciest!! Like we would care about the extra $100 after a crash. Geesh! This from the guy who had to have a $200+ coffee maker......I told him he can start doing all the baby-research and see what he thinks.

These guys just don't get it.

If it helps, Ikea has a really cheap, really simple high chair--I think that's what we'll get if I can ever unload the Chicco garbage!!! :)

new_mommy25
06-28-2004, 04:15 AM
Or you could just move on to a booster seat. We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster and I love it so much we decided to forget about the high chair completely.