PDA

View Full Version : DH commenting on my weight!

sarahfran
06-28-2004, 10:31 PM
OOOOOOhhhh I'm hoppin' mad.
So I've now lost all of my baby weight plus a little and I must say I think I'm looking pretty decent. In fact, today my boss referred to me as "skinny Sarah." It was nice... gosh knows it's been a while since I've heard that.

So my eating habits have been a little shaky today... had a hot dog for lunch, some watermelon, broccoli, and almost an entire box of triscuits with hummus for dinner... followed by quite a few brownies for dessert. I was happily enjoying the chocolatey aftertaste when DH walked into the room. I said "gosh, my eating habits haven't been so good today." DH's response..... are you sitting down? His response was "Yah, you're on a path to gain back all your weight."

Now, sisters, I ask you... where does this kind of intense bone-headed non-supportive throttle-worthy behavior come from? Did the man see that I gained 45 lbs and then lost 50 over the past year and a half?

Ugh. Thank goodness there's a bitching forum.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

JElaineB
06-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Ummm...does he realize you gained weight because you were PREGNANT?!?! Bonk him on the head for me! :P

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

jbowman
06-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Sarah,

That's a pretty good day of eating IMHO!

I'd say, "you're right, I shouldn't have eaten all of this stuff. Do you mind getting the baby ready and putting him to bed while I go out for a walk, JERK? I'll be back in a few hours!" Maybe that would show him not to make such bone-headed comments.

Congratulations on losing all of that weight--I am trying desperately to lose those pregnancy pounds!

jubilee
06-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Well, He's on the path to eating ALONE! (At least that's what I'd tell my DH).

Good job on your weight loss!!

lmladuke
06-29-2004, 07:49 AM
Sometimes men are such bozos! I have gained 20 pounds with this pregnancy - 4 more weeks to go and DH always asks me "You're going to lose all the weight you gained right?" My response is "I anticipate I will, as I lost it all after I had DS - but the bigger question is are YOU going to lose all the weight you gained while I was pregnant!" That usually shuts him up.

Honestly, he has gained a good 30 pounds since we got married - if I did that he would be all over my case. Guess we women are more accepting.

Congrats on losing the weight and go have another brownie if you want - you deserve it!

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan 7/27/01
and to Baby Girl EDD 7/31/04

Saartje
06-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Good grief! Does he realize that gaining LESS than that would not be healthy for you or the baby?

McQ
06-29-2004, 09:38 AM
OMG! And what did you say back to him? Too many choice tid-bits are floating through my head right now. And none of them are nice.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

sweetbasil
06-29-2004, 09:49 AM
When I was pg and feeling huge, I always threatened to sit on DH when he made me mad---- I'd probably tell him he's lucky I didn't sit on him while I had the chance! :P

Course now you're so skinny, he wouldn't even know you were there ;)

WTG losing all your pg weight, and then some!

papal
06-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Congrats on losing all your pg weight!!!
And i agree with PPs, a severe beating is in order for your dh's unthinking comment!!

aliceinwonderland
06-29-2004, 11:07 AM
I am 30, yes THIRTY pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight now at 2 months post partum. It bothers me so, I get so depressed, but the only thing that makes me feel better is that DH makes a point to tell me I'm stil attractive, blah blah.

I would seriously leave the house and go for a looong walk if he had said something like that. Where does he get the nerve!!

Congrats to you on a GREAT accomplishment.

COElizabeth
06-29-2004, 02:34 PM
I like Julie's response!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

Dcclerk
06-29-2004, 03:28 PM
My dear Sarah, you should be commended-- I'm really impressed that you lost more than you gained. Speaking of losing...your husband has lost his speaking privileges to you for a while;) In fact, your husband deserves to be pelted with those brownies. (And then have to clean up after.) After the pelting, I would have found the most expensive, HOT trainer I could find and signed up for a number of training sessions, so that he saw that I took his "constructive criticism" to heart.

Men!

pritchettzoo
06-29-2004, 03:48 PM
*GASP* Don't throw the brownies! :P

DH would have been a dead man... I admire your restraint. However, if he comments again, I think you'll have quite a few volunteers to help you dig a very deep hole in your backyard! ;)

Anna

tippy
06-30-2004, 02:57 AM
"Yah, you're on a path to gain back all your weight."

Yah?!!! And your on the path to a couple of looonnng lonely nights my friend! OMG! I would have bashed him, honestly. Good job on loosing all that weight. I am on the SLOW track to weight loss. ;(

sarahfran
07-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks so much for the support. I knew you guys would understand!!

I have to tell you, I was reading through your responses at work when I let out an uncontrollable giggle. My office mate stopped working and was like "what?? what are you working on that's so funny??" hee hee. She also enjoyed the mental image of volunteers helping me dig the hole in the backyard!

Thanks again for "listening"!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)