PDA

View Full Version : Telephone "Surveys"

lmariana
06-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Is it just me or have telephone surveys replaced telemarketing? I get at least 5 of those call a day! We're on the Federal No-Call List and the Georgia State No-Call List, so we don't get telemarketers...but we get tons of those freakin' surveys!!!

The reason this is bothering me tonight is that one of those survey people just called our house. IT'S 9:52 PM! HELLO?!?! I let them have it. :)

Any call after 9 PM I assume someone's in jail, in the hospital, or in crisis...NOT wanting to know whether or not I've recently had my deck finished!!! Ahhhhhhhh!

Is it just us, or does everyone else get these calls too? Okay, now I'm going to go take some deep breaths...

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

vikivoly
06-29-2004, 10:49 PM
We get them too and they are a PITA. I got one last Sunday evening at that just really burned me.

The political ones are getting out of hand too. I received "personal" calls from both President Bush and Senator Kerry.

But isn't the No-Call List great?

Smiles81
06-30-2004, 11:56 PM
I can totally relate. I get some of these calls before 9 am some mornings. One time I got really freaked out b/c it was five minutes after my DH left at like 815 am and this guy says Hi, this is so and so from the police department; he paused and I nearly had a heart attack thinking something happend and then he continued by saying "Do you think its important to support your police department.." I mean really bafore nine or even ten am. I really screamed at the guy (I also had just put my DS back to sleep but at least he didn't wake up).
Smiles81

miki
07-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't think that's allowed under the FCC regs. Only between 8am and 9pm.

We used to get a lot of these calls and then when I got my SS# stolen and I was fixing that, I came across ways to minimize the junk calls and junk mail. Now that we don't have a landline in the house and only use our cell phones, we don't get the calls at all. Under federal law, you can't get those automated unsolicited calls to your cell.