PDA

View Full Version : As if getting up hourly isn't bad enough...

nwaddellr
06-30-2004, 11:40 AM
last night DS decided it was time to play at 1 am. OK - Mommy wants to sleep, dear, but she can't unless you do!

So DS has never been much of a night sleeper. If he only gets up once at night, its a wonderful night (we're almost at a year), but about every two hours is much more common. Really, its not a problem though. I can still wake up rested in the morning (especially since DH takes DS in the morning so I can sleep in until 8:30).

But, the past couple of nights, the wakings have turned into hourly things. And I'm lucky if he goes right back to sleep after getting up. Last night, he was completely awake at 1am and ready to play. I don't think so! I brought him into bed with us the night before and he slept well, but DH doesn't sleep well when we co-sleep so he spent the night on the couch. Last night, I ended up sleeping with DS in the single bed in his room. We slept well again, but I kind of like to sleep with my husband, KWIM?

I'm not really looking for advice, becuase I'm not willing to listen to him cry, yet. Just needed a place to complain!

deborah_r
06-30-2004, 02:32 PM
I hear ya, we still have those nights sometimes. We had a couple recently, and then we just noticed he has more teeth so I guess that was it.

Is your DS close to a new milestone? My DS did this all the time when he was starting crawling, and then with walking too.

Wishing you some sleep soon, and rant away - it's frustrating, I know!!!

nwaddellr
06-30-2004, 07:26 PM
I think part of the problem was a bad reaction to cantaloupe, plus he's just started pulling and cruising, and has finally figured out how to crawl, AND he has two teeth coming in... Yeah, in the light of day, I can understand why he's getting up so often, but I still wish for a night of uninterrupted sleep!

deborah_r
06-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Yeah, mine was literally climbing the wall at the head of our bed when he was learning to crawl. Sometimes in his sleep even!

Knowing why only makes it a teeny-tiny bit better, I know - it is still not comforting at 3AM!