PDA

View Full Version : Don't ask a question if you don't care about the answer.

candybomiller
06-30-2004, 08:29 PM
I might be slightly hormonal. And homicidal.

DH just asked me if there was anything I wanted from the store. I told him I wanted cupcakes. With white frosting. Because I like the bakery frosting better than the frosting in a can. He said that he doesn't like buying something like that, that we could make ourselves. BUT IT DOESN'T TASTE THE SAME! Don't ask me if I want anything then when I tell you what I want, say no!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..

I'm sorry. I'm really mad right now.

Melanie
06-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Candy, it sonds like someone should be baking you some cupcakes tonight. ;-)

And I agree, it doesn't taste the same, but you have to put it into their world, i.e. beer or potato chips or whatever he likes.

mamahill
06-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Mmmm. I love those cupcakes. And those cookies with the frosting of colors not found in nature, and the fat content about a week's worth. Mmmm. Where do you live, I'll bring the cupcakes. :) I'm sorry - I probably would have responded, "FINE, then *I'll* go to the store and buy my cupcakes!" Here's to fulfilling your pastry dreams...

deborah_r
06-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes, some things just don't taste the same at home! I think if $3 cupcakes from the grocery store make you happy, you should be allowed them, no matter what your budget.

My DH would never even try this, because I would remind him that he pays $5 per pack of nasty cigarettes (yes, you read right, $5.00 US Dollars! Makes me cringe!)

pritchettzoo
06-30-2004, 09:36 PM
DH isn't very bright today, is he? If a woman has a very specific request such as cupcakes with white frosting, then that request should be honored. You didn't ask for them to be ringed with rare gems!

Just in case this helps you not kill the man (because the warden probably won't get you cupcakes either), here's a recipe for that store-bought icing. I think DH needs to be dispatched to purchase the ingredients. He'll need to go the grocery store AND a craft store (Michael's is the seventh circle of hell for my DH) to obtain the necessary ingredients. The meringue powder and the extracts are on the cake-decorating aisle at the craft store, but he'll have to go to the grocery to get the Crisco and the sugar. I took one of those cake-decorating classes as a stress-reliever in law school, and DH ate this frosting by the bowlful. I hate store bakery frosting myself, and this is exactly like what you get from the store--I shuddered every time I accidentally licked my fingers. :P

Snow White Buttercream Icing (www.wilton.com)

This buttercream icing has an ideal consistency for frosting cakes. It is usually not necessary to thin this icing for frosting cakes. Do so accordingly if you prefer a thinner consistency for spreading. It has a firm quality making it good for wedding cake decorations and flat surface or flower nail flowers. Air dry decorations for 24 hours.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup water
4 Tablespoons Meringue Powder
12 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1-1/4 cups shortening
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon No Color Almond Extract
3/4 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon No Color Butter Flavor
Combine water and meringue powder; whip at high speed until peaks form. Add 4 cups of sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition at low speed. Alternately add shortening and remainder of sugar. Add salt and flavorings; beat at low speed until smooth.

Anna

Edited to correct amt of sugar in recipe. :)

tippy
07-01-2004, 03:15 AM
[[[[Michael's is the seventh circle of hell for my DH]]]]

ROTFLMAO!!!

Marisa6826
07-01-2004, 09:45 AM
<(Michael's is the seventh circle of hell for my DH) >

Heeeee! Jonathan feels that way about Pier One!! I tell him that if he's not going to be good, we will go to Pier One to smell the candles ;) :P

Hope you got your cupcakes!!

-m

miki
07-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Such a good idea! You make him go scamper around for all those ingredients for Anna's frosting. (And then don't make the cupcakes and buy them from the store. :P)

KYBelle1102
07-01-2004, 05:30 PM
ROFL... I guarantee you that buy the time HE buys all the extra stuff HE needs to make those homemade cupcakes, it'll cost way more than the bakery made cupcakes.

houseof3boys
07-03-2004, 11:06 PM
I think you need to give me a cake decorating and cooking class. What time would be good for you?

:)

jec2
07-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Oh my, what have you planned to bake for the quickly approaching 1st Birthday Cake?!!!!!!! Any good suggestions?