PDA

View Full Version : Fricken fracken DRUNK sob rear-ended us!!

luvbeinmama
07-11-2004, 02:12 AM
OOOO, and here's the worst part... he's about 0.22-0.23 bac (about 3 times the legal limit) AND HE HAS HIS 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN THE CAR WITH HIM!!!!!!!!! WTF!!! Fortunately we are okay, not so sure about my car though. Oh, I am just LIVID! And the poor mother is pg and was at work, she was just shaking when she got there. It was at a stop sign so I think he was probably around 15 mph. Enough to crumple my trunk and my seat back reclined into DD's lap! uuuuurrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

Had to get that out, thanks!

Now back to your regular programming...

kwc
07-11-2004, 02:46 AM
That is SO horrifying! I am so glad that you are all ok, but I am sorry about your car... that really sucks... he'd better have good insurance! And how much do you want to bet that it's not the first time he's driven drunk... 3 x's the legal limit?!?!
I am, however, impressed with your restraint... how did you keep yourself from killing that jerk with your bare hands?!?!? That poor pg mother...

Again, glad that you and your family are safe!

jubilee
07-11-2004, 04:54 AM
Oh NO!! I'm glad you are okay, it must have been horrible. Please tell me the cops took the jerk away...! That poor kiddo and mom, how awful to have that jerk in their lives. Let us now how your car is, and make sure your insurance covers getting new carseats for the kids!

amp
07-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad all of you are ok! Fricken Fracken indeed! (Thanks to Sonia, or whoever it was, that brought that phrase to my attention - I use it all the time and so does DH!)

What a jerk! I would be livid if that guy not only put himself and other people on the road at risk, but my own kid?! He'd have h*ll to pay at home for that!

ismommy
07-11-2004, 01:04 PM
I am glad you are okay and hope he gets severely punished. We were hit by a drunk driver when I was pregnant with Bella. It was his second offense and his sentence was ajoke as far as I was concerned. I went into preterm labor and ended up with complicatiosn resulting in an emergency c-section and he got fined 200 dollars and 30 days in jail and no driving for 1 year. Go VA with tough drunk driving laws. Sorry I just hijacked your thread but almost 3 years later and I still get so angry about it. I can't believe the stupidity (that not even the best word) for some people. I hope the guy who hit you is charged with child endangerment as well as drunk driving.
Also make sure you get checked out by a doctor just in case.

JElaineB
07-11-2004, 04:56 PM
OMG, how awful! I am glad you are all ok. I hope he was taken to jail! I hope his little girl is ok, what a terrible father! Do get checked out by a doctor at some point - I ended up developing whiplash about 2 weeks after a car accident a couple of years ago, so it wasn't obvious right away. Good luck with repairing/replacing your car.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

luvbeinmama
07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh, yes, he went to jail alright! And I know they are charging him for having the little girl in the car, too. There are 2 ways they can do that, though, so I'm not sure which section of the code they will use. The little girl was so sweet, too.

stella
07-11-2004, 11:21 PM
So sorry for you - thank goodness you and your children are okay!

Now onto him - in Texas DWI is a misdemeanor the first two times. It is a felony the third time. It is also a felony (even if it's your first offense) if you have a child in the car with you and that child is under 15. I hope that your state has the same type of law - and that it is taken seriously.

His poor, poor wife. Working to support him, her three year old, and now she is having another baby with a man who is completely dangerous to himself and her children.

Again, so sorry it happened and so relieved that you and yours are alright.

deborah_r
07-12-2004, 12:46 AM
That is terrible - so glad you are all OK though!!!

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-12-2004, 01:53 AM
I am so glad that you are okay!
I hope this poor dad gets help with his alcohol problem, it could have been so much worse...
Be warned that you (and the kids) may be pretty sore tomorrow and Tuesday..I was rear ended at about 5-10mph and had terrible back pains for a few days after the accident.
Oh- and you may need to replace your car seats too, check with the manufacture and then make the insurance pay for it...
Good luck and I am so thankful that no one was seriously hurt!

brubeck
07-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh I can imagine your fear, just having your precious girl in the backseat!

FYI, my understanding is that even with a first offense DUI in CA that there is some jail time. I think that should increase because there was a child in the car.

What time of day was this? Was this idiot driving around drunk in the middle of the afternoon? He needs some serious counselling.

starrynight
07-12-2004, 06:03 PM
There are also hefty fines here in TX. I hope it curbs some people from thinking before they drink and drive!

I'm so sorry you got hit by that idiot, glad you guys are alright though. Poor wife and little girl to have to deal with that jerk!! I would have killed my dh with my bare hands if he ever drove drunk.

Judegirl
07-12-2004, 09:08 PM
That's absolutely disgusting. I'm so glad everyone is okay.

Jude

luvbeinmama
07-13-2004, 02:42 AM
Yes, it was about 3:30-4:00 pm. I don't remember exactly, but mid-afternoon, he'd been "hiking" in a local park that has lots of trails. I'd think "staggering" would be more like it! I hope he gets some real help, because he really needs it.

I just thank God daily that the kids are okay.

Melanie
07-13-2004, 09:07 PM
I am so sorry! I'm surprised that CPS didn't take the child.

I am glad you are okay!

luvbeinmama
07-14-2004, 02:21 AM
If there was no mother, they would have. I'm soooo glad they didn't have to do that! That would have broken my heart. The mother was badly shaken and actually came over to me, hugged me and thanked me for whatever role I had in saving her daughter! She was extremely upset at her husband.

lrucci
07-15-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm glad that no one was seriously injured. I can't believe that man had his child in the car with him. What was he thinking? Apparently he wasn't thinking at all.

> She was extremely upset at her husband.

I would have had to use every inch of restraint I have not to kill my dh if he EVER did this. I feel so bad for her and to top it off she is pregnant.

I hope you weren't too sore afterward.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03