PDA

View Full Version : But I thought it was free? (Not really a bitch)

drsweetie
07-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi! Yesterday it was time for DD to get her hair cut because she was starting to look like a sheepdog. I asked a friend for recommendations of somewhere to go, and she suggested this one place where you got the first haircut for free. So off we went. The haircut itself was all right, but after it was done, the woman said "that'll be $10". I being a gutless wonder didn't say anything, but I am mad that the haircut wasn't free like my friend said it would be. Am I being unreasonable?

papal
07-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Ellen, did you ASK them before the haircut if it was free?? Maybe it was just a promotional offer and it ran out. Or maybe the woman who cut the hair was new and did not know about the offer? Either way, I don't think she would have minded if you asked about the offer.. the worst thing that could have happened is that she would have said " Sorry, that offer is no longer valid" or something like that.. you know?

I have to say, you are being a tiny bit unreasonable...maybe your friend should me made to pay up! :)
Hope the haircut was good even though the experience was not.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-17-2004, 11:47 PM
did she know it was the baby's first haircut?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

bethwl
07-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, I think it's unreasonable to be mad without having asked about it. But if you said something, and they said "Oh, that expired" or "No, we never had that offer," then I would ask my friend how she got the free haircut.

Usually, with these types of things, I think it's good to ask in advance to avoid misunderstandings after the fact.

drsweetie
07-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Hee! I think it's just because I hate to acknowledge how cheap I really am. I think I'm just being a crybaby. Thanks for letting me get it out here, though!