PDA

View Full Version : babies r us VS. toys r us

slejeune
07-19-2004, 07:52 PM
First, let me say that I still love Babies R Us for their selection. I however live 250 miles from the nearest one. I did do an online registry with them because there were several things I wanted that I just couldn't find elsewhere. My coworkers went to the local toys are us and bought me a very generous gift card which they were told I could use on my registry online. This was unfortunately a mistake. I contacted the company and went to the store to explain my situation and niether one could swap out the gift card for a gift certificate with a code that could be used online. Neither would the the Toys R Us store give me the monitary value of the card so that I could deposit it in my checking account and use my debit card. I'm sure this was and honest mistake, but at 8 months pregnant I'm just not up for the trip. Luckily my sister in law is gracious enough to go shopping for me. I just wanted to let other expectant moms out there know in case they are considering a registry with Babies R Us and they live far away from the nearest store.

Sincerely,
SLeJeune

egoldber
07-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Generally TRU carries a lot of the same products as BRU. Maybe you can use the gift card at TRU instead?

HTH,

Melanie
07-19-2004, 08:07 PM
How disappointing? Have you written corporate? The stores actually hear about it! Of course, it benefited me none in my situation, but maybe it could help you.

https://www4.toysrus.com/guest/contUs.cfm