PDA

View Full Version : Another bad haircut post!

Marisa6826
07-20-2004, 07:05 PM
What is it with these kiddie cut places that make them not listen to parents?

I took Sophie for a "cleanup" this afternoon. I told the girl (same one that gave her the very first "big girl" haircut last time) that I just wanted things cleaned up.

The back was hardly touched, and she hardly touched Sophie's bangs. When I told her I wanted them just above her eyebrows, she went crazy. Sophie's bangs are now almost a full INCH above her eyebrows. And they're sooooo freaking uneven it looks like the pigdogs cut her hair.

I'd post a pic, but I'm not allowed to go down in the basement and upload them (the stairs) - Jonathan's orders.

Splitting headache..... took four Tylenol and they're not working!

Fricken fracken haircutters......

-m

rrosen
07-20-2004, 10:12 PM
I am sure Sophie looks adorable!
However, I would call the salon and ask to speak to a manager. I would be shocked if they don't ask you to bring her back in so they can "cleanup" from the cleanup at their expense.

I hope your headache goes away soon. Instead of Tylenol, have you tried a little caffeine? That was the only thing that helped my headaches when I was pregnant. I stayed away from it most of the time but, when a headache hit, I beelined it to Starbucks!

Marisa6826
07-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately I'm kind of banned from caffeine because of the tachycardia :(

And Sophie's bangs are soooo short, I'm afraid to take her back for a "cleanup" x(

-m

rrosen
07-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Sorry I was no help whatsoever :-(

I hope the headache goes away soon,

momma_boo
07-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Aw, Marisa. I can TOTALLY understand how you feel.
Everyday, I remind myself, "it will grow back, it will grow back."

Heh, our electrician (DH's friend) stopped by to do something quickly while his family waited in his car. I took DD to say hello and his little boy (4 yrs old) insisted that DD was a BOY. I had to explain to him that she just had a very short haircut.

ETA - I have to confess that I had a mental image of Sophie's avatar when I took DD for her haircut. Now I'm wishing I had actually printed it out and SHOWED it to the girl.

McQ
07-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh no! What you describe sounds like the time I let an ex-boyfriend cut my bangs in college after we both had had a few beers. And after that, I needed a few more.

Sophie's hair will grow back real soon. Can you pull any back in a barrette? Or order a cute Hanna hat :)

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

Marisa6826
07-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Funny, I had a mental picture of Sophie's avatar in MY head too ;).

I'd be more than happy to email you the real picture next time you're brave enough to go for another cut :P

-m

Marisa6826
07-21-2004, 12:38 PM
LOL. Allison you always crack me up.

Her bangs are too short to pull back at all :( x(

I'll try and post a pic today

-m

cinrein
07-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh no! I'm sure Sophie still looks cute as ever, but I know what angst you feel as her mother. Sheesh, you'd think that when you PAY a supposed professional to cut her hair they'd at least do a better job than you could do yourself.

It does seem like toddler hair grows amazingly fast. At least you won't have to go back for another haircut for a while? (Sorry, bad attempt at looking at the bright side.)

Hope your head is better. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

amp
07-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Tell me if I'm mistaken, Marisa, but is the new avatar of Sophie debuting her new haircut? If so, I think it's pretty darned cute! I know the bangs are shorter than you would have liked, but it honestly looks adorable!

mharling
07-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I was going to ask the same question. I think it does look very cute! Short, yes, but still dang cute!!!

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 on the way!!!
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

Marisa6826
07-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Nope, you're not mistaken. Those are the infamous bangs ;)

Jonathan said they make her head shape look funny x(

-m

Marisa6826
07-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Congrats Mary!!!!!

Did you make an announcement that I missed??

Add another seat to the preggo parade ;)

-m

mharling
07-22-2004, 04:28 PM
You didn't miss an announcement. I guess I'm just being subtle. ;)

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 on the way!!!
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

amp
07-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Ah Mary, I do see you've changed your signature! Glad you came out to the group on this! So here's my official, public congrats!

BTW, and totally OT - did you see last week (or maybe this week) that someone had posted about finding the food peek a blocks (Around the House) at Big Lots? They couldn't remember who wanted them, and I told them it was you, but never saw if you saw the post. You might want to check it out.

mattysmom
07-23-2004, 08:29 AM
I would definitely call the kiddie cut place and tell them how disappointed you were with the cut. DS got a bad haircut at our local place and when I called to complain they told me to come in and get it "fixed" (it was very crooked) and also gave me coupons for 2 free haircuts. And, even if her bangs are short, they could trim the back a little more too...

drsweetie
07-26-2004, 10:48 AM
The worst thing about bad haircuts is that the last thing you want to do is return to that same place for "fixing", because since they botched it the first time you have zero confidence that they can make it any better. Plus, if you feel it's already too short to begin with, what can they do? They can't make it any longer. Phoo.

Marisa6826
07-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh, I made it pretty clear how I felt about the cut when we left ;). Not bitchy, just very clear.

I have no desire to go back to that place. I was never thrilled with it to begin with, but it was supposed to be the lesser of the two evils when compared to the kiddie kuts salon in the mall.

At least I won't have to deal with any haircuts for a while before her bangs grow out. (They're too short to do anything with at this point).

I think I may go back to just cutting them myself in the future.

-m