PDA

View Full Version : My pictures will cost HOW much?????

LucyG
07-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I took some film to Eckard (drugstore/pharmacy chain) on Wednesday to have it developed. I usually don't take my film there, but had a $2 off coupon. The advertised price (printed on the wall of the photo developing area) was $7.99 for overnight service, double prints included. With the coupon, I expected to pay $5.99 before taxes. So, first of all, the pictures did not come back until today. That was three days instead of overnight. I was not happy. Then, the girl checking me out tells me my pictures will cost $12.72!!!!! What the heck?????? She said that Kodak prices the pictures when they develop them (Eckard sends them off to Kodak.), and that I am not the first person to complain. Really? You think? I still got the $2 off, but I'm peeved. I'm going to call Kodak on Monday and complain. I may also call the Eckard store manager, since they are advertising one price for developing, and then charging a much higher one. Harumph. Has this happened to anyone else, at Eckard or some other place?

LD92599
07-24-2004, 10:17 PM
One thing i remember noticing way back when we used film was that the drug/chain stores tend to offer Kodak as a premium service (higher cost) and "regular" service at the lower advertised price. If you don't choose which you want they give you Kodak. Just a thought though it certainly sucks.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

Rikkele
07-26-2004, 01:46 AM
I had pictures developed at Walgreens and when they were not ready on the date I was told I complained and got the developing for free :)
You should definitely complain - maybe they will give you a coupon for free developing of a roll of film. As for charging more than the advertised price that is just plain false advertising!!

kijip
07-26-2004, 03:43 AM
The first response was correct- it is the standard drugstore bait and switch. You can have Kodak or generic processing. The sale prices listed are for generic. If you don't specify, the order defaults to the pricey choice. They don't make it clear or easy....what a pain!

octmom
07-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Somthing similar happened to me at CVS a couple of years ago and I was equally PO'ed. I don't bring film there anymore. Must be a drug store thing.

Jerilyn

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041029/3/3/3/-5/.png

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

LucyG
07-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with the store manager. She was very nice, and said that the girl working in the photo lab is new and is making lots of mistakes of this nature. She told me to bring my receipt in and she would refund me the difference in what I was told it would cost and the actual cost. While I appreciate this, I told her that I hoped she would also talk to the photo lab girl, as she really did not seem to understand how the pricing system works. She said that she would, and apologized profusely. I had hoped she would refund the entire amount, but I guess the difference is better than nothing. :-)