PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

aa2mama
07-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Ok, I'm going a bit nutso here. It was "one of those days" for the 3rd day in a row (DS had one 15 minute nap), and I'm beginning to go slightly overboard pondering various scenerios to get some R&R. So which would you choose:

a) To become a Buddhist monk. Hmmm, a life of celibacy, peace, and solitude... A sacrifice, but I think I could do it :)

b) To "accidently" fall down the stairs in order to break my leg in multiple places and spend a few weeks in traction in the hospital. No laundry, no cooking...

c) Better suggestion of your own. I'm all ears :-)

deenass
07-29-2004, 07:28 PM
you made me laugh! And feel better for the time when my son slept past 4 am and I was awake wondering if he was dead (since he NEVER slept past 4 am for months!) And I decided that I shouldn't do anything about it until I got more sleep, because if he WAS dead then I wouldn't be sleeping for a while!

Good luck with napping!

pritchettzoo
07-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Those are pretty funny options...try this:

1. Call a friend, a relative, or DH/SO to watch the baby.

2. Mix a drink. Add an umbrella if desired.

3. Grab some chocolate.

4. Head to bathroom and take a bubble bath. Jack up the music so you can't hear the screams of baby and/or the friend/relative/DH/SO.

5. Relax. Remain in place until you are a gianormous prune.

Hope things get better! :)

Anna

Jeanmick
07-29-2004, 07:32 PM
No suggestions, but just wanted to let you know that I've been there! Shortly after my DS was born, I had to go to the dentist to replace my fillings. It was my first time out by myself in a long time and I remember thinking to myself, "Ahhh...rest and relaxation at last..." while reclined in that dentist chair, mouth wide open, shot up w/ Novacane (sp?) with my dentist drilling into my teeth! It was a wonderful feeling!

LOL! Pitiful, huh? Hang in there! :)

brubeck
07-29-2004, 08:09 PM
c) Be suddenly called away on urgent busines sto the French Riviera and make DH stay home with the kids. :)

aa2mama
07-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Your post cracked me up!

aa2mama
07-29-2004, 08:25 PM
I like the way you think!

aa2mama
07-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Sad but really funny:-)

aa2mama
07-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Hmmm, as a SAHM I wonder what kind of "urgent business" I could come up with?

trentsmom
07-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh, no! I got tired just reading your first two sentences. I'm lucky that my dad's retired so that if/when this happens to me, I can call him to watch Trent while I take a nap.

No advice to give, but I do hope that your son takes long naps tomorrow.

sareva
08-02-2004, 02:06 AM
Argh, I haven't called you back yet -- sorry! DH just got back from Ukraine and we're re-adjusting (and freaking out b/c I haven't started to pack yet!) And it's amazing because Zoe is doing the *exact* same friggin' thing. My suggestion: we should go to Jefferson Market with our sleepless babies and cry in the back garden or something. One of the women who works there is going to have a baby soon so we can freak her out a bit (just kidding). The french fries are great (um, if you like that sort of thing). I'm so there with you. I just want to bang my head against a wall. I mean, all Zoe really has to do in this world in eat, poop, and sleep; all we've managed to do effectively in 4 months is poop. Come on, child, this is your job! Well, give me a call if you're still going nuts and we can walk down that path of insanity together. take care, sarah

aa2mama
08-04-2004, 05:46 PM
I pm'd you!