PDA

View Full Version : Do not shop at www.thebabyoutlet.com

DoNotUseTheBabyOutlet Com
07-30-2004, 02:47 PM
I ordered a bassinet from thebabyoutlet.com on July 9 and had a ton of trouble with them! I ended up cancelling my order on July 12 (the next business day). I called to find out if I would receive a cancellation number or some confirmation through email. Thomas (the only person that I have ever been able to talk with there...call and you will get him too) said that they do not send cancellation confirmations. I stayed on him about it because the website never showed my order as cancelled! He tried to blame it on my machine saying that maybe I needed to clear my cookies. He said that it was definitely cancelled and I shouldn't worry about it. I asked him if I could have them delete my account information from their records because I would never be using them again!! He said they could not do that because they archived their records in case of a dispute...Well, they HAVE A DISPUTE!! On the 27th of July THEY CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD!! I called him and he said that he would contact the credit dept. and they would remove it IF the order wasn't supposed to be filled. The credit dept. was conviently closed, big surprise! I asked how long it would take and he said 7-10 days...I'm supposed to sit around and trust them to take care of it while I might get overdraft charges for this unexpected charge. NO WAY!! I told him that I would go to the bank and file a dispute. He said, "If that's the way you want to handle it, then we'll just wait until we get paperwork from the bank!" I went to the bank and filed a dispute that day and they will stop any overdraft charges that might occur from it and Visa will handle the dispute. This guy even refused to give his last name. I wanted it for the bank dispute so they would know who I dealt with. DO NOT SHOP AT WWW.THEBABYOUTLET.COM !!!!

emmiem
07-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh No! I am waiting for a glider from them.
Michele

Dyonia
07-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Oh that's awful! I'm so sorry you had to deal with such a moron. I'm glad your bank is working with you to fix it.

FWIW, I ordered my bassinet from http://www.badgerbasket.com/index.asp and shipping was free! My bassinet is adorable, and we love it.

DoNotUseTheBabyOutlet Com
08-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Thank you for the rssponses. We were ordering from a friend that had registered at walmart.com and the that website listed the bassinet from Graco as available and we ordered it. I cancelled my order with them when we found out that it was backordered and wouldn't be available they said until after our friends due date. The day I cancelled it (July 9...sae day I ordered from thebabyoutlet.com), walmart.com confirmed it was cancelled. On Monday, July 12, I received an email from walmart.com that the bassinet had been shipped!!!! Now it was ordered at 2 places and since walmart.com had shipped we cancelled thebabyoutlet.com order. What a mess!...but nothing that couldn't have been taken care of! :)

When my wife and I have children, hopefully this process will be much easier! We'll just have our friends and family dealing with merchants :)