PDA

View Full Version : DH + slight cold = end of the freaking world?! (Long)

Marisa6826
08-01-2004, 01:31 PM
What IS it with men sometimes?

Jonathan has this minor cold, and has been walking around like he has the bubonic plague.

Last night we went to bed, he's snorting, whining, walking around with handfuls of tissues. We turn off the lights, he starts talking about how cold he is. Did he take Advil/Tylenol? NO.

Some alarm in the neighbourhood has been going off for close to 24 hours. You can hear it over our central a/c. I turned the ceiling fan up so that I could a) drown out the alarm and b) stop listening to him snort bodily fluids. He gets up, turns off the fan, and then turns over so he's breathing directly in my face, germs everywhere. I kind of don't have may other options than lying on my left side at this point.

I got up, went into Sophie's big girl room to try and sleep. No go. Was up till 4:30. Finally took a half a benedryl dose. I hear him in Sophie's room at 7:15, whining to me that she was just up at 5am. I said, "OH, you mean a half hour after I went to sleep?" I rocked her back to sleep (he went back to bed), put her in her crib and I went back to my temporary quarters.

I heard her again at 10am. He was now downstairs surfing the web and/or playing his stupid video game (why a 40 year old man plays these things is beyond me). I go in her room, she has once AGAIN gotten off her jammies, onesie and dipe. I flip, he's upstairs by now, I left them and told him that he should have known by now that she takes stuff off when she's ticked at being alone.

Went back to sleep in my own bed till 12:15. I come downstairs, Sophie's in her corral. Clothes off, dipe thrown over. Where's Jonathan? Inside reading the freaking Sunday paper!!!

Now he just mentioned that part of the oriental rug in her corral is wet, what should he do? Did he blow part of his functioning brain out with the snot??

I know, it's petty, and I should be more supportive. I'm just fed up with this inane, "I don't know what to do" line after almost 20 months.

*sigh*

Back to your regular programming

-m

deborah_r
08-01-2004, 02:04 PM
You're preachin' to the choir here, sister! At least 3 times a week mine "doesn't feel good". Afew weeks ago he stayed in bed for 3 days from some cold or another. Last time I got to do that was after my c-section!

pritchettzoo
08-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Holy cats. I would have bludgeoned him by now. Hopefully you're not out of brownies...

Anna

jbowman
08-01-2004, 10:24 PM
>He was now downstairs surfing the
>web and/or playing his stupid video game (why a 40 year old
>man plays these things is beyond me).

Just this week one of my girlfriends and I were talking about how much our husbands love computer games! I hear you on that, Marisa! I bet if DH had his way, we would have been married at Best Buy!

Hope that your day has gotten better.

janeybwild
08-01-2004, 11:26 PM
>Did he blow part of his functioning brain out with the snot??>

HeHeHe! ROTFL. Sorry you have two babies to take care of. Nobody gets sicker than my DH, even DD, so I hear you.

rrosen
08-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Ugh! This a huge pet peeve of mine. Men are such babies about getting sick. You would think after they watch us push a human out that they would never have the nerve to complain again. I threw up every day for 9 months with DD and never missed a day of work. DH gets a stomachache and the world ends!

The video games are another of my pet peeves. We have owned every stupid video game consul they make! I keep telling him that they are not going to stay in my house for much longer. I won't let my DD play those brain-blowing up, bikini wearing, big boob, games! MEN!

I hope the rest of your weekend was better! And I do hope Jonathan feels better soon
:-)

McQ
08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
I guess tossing him out with the paper isn't an option?

And not petty at all, that would drive me nuts. Need me to come up there and give him a kick in the pants for you?

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

Marisa6826
08-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I think between the two preggos, we could do a decent job together ;)

-m

votre_ami03
08-02-2004, 08:55 PM
(((Marisa))) I have been there.

I am sorry to admit, but I am laughing my butt off here & your re-cap, you do have my sympathy.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030722/1/7/2/-7/.png

marinkitty
08-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Ugh - Marisa! I feel for you. I don't get what it is about men that they always have to be so helpless? I mean, Sophie is 20 months old, as you pointed out. Surely he can figure out what to do at this point? Like for starters, get her dressed in something she can't take off?

I think you should retreat to her big girl room with brownies and a book and not come out until he is better, or at least better behaved!!!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.23.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050323/0/0/1/-6/.png

starrynight
08-04-2004, 12:27 PM
My dh is the same way, it drives me up the wall! The one that bugs me the most is he can't unload the dishwasher because he doesn't know where the dishes go, um helloo where do you go when you need a cup or plate? Gee einstein ya think that might be where they go??

Everything is I don't know how, I don't know where it goes etc. And it's been almost 6 years since the first kid was born.

And no matter how sick I am I have to still keep going but a sniffle puts him on the couch for a week. He still wants me to take the trash out because get this one...there are bugs in the can outside. WTH I think I broke my foot that last thing I want to do is take out trash!

Oops sorry to bitch on your thread hon, just commiserating!!

Lets go hid somewhere for the weekend with brownies and other goodies and ignore the men. They need their butts kicked!

Marisa6826
08-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Bugs in the garbage can? That's too funny.

I agree. Let's leave all the kids home and gorge on brownies ;) :P

-m