PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed with overstock.com -- grrrr!

miki
08-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I ordered a bench from them for our house with no furniture. It came without legs. They said they would look for them and if they couldn't find a set to send me, they'd refund me what it would cost to buy a set myself locally. That refund was THEIR idea not mine. Then they said I should give them 14 business days to find these legs. I liked the bench, it was a good deal, and there was the possibility of getting a partial refund so I gave them the time.

I call every week for 3 weeks for an update. I priced a set of legs from a local shop that would have to special order them. I have this partial bench sitting in it's plastic in my house because I'm afraid to put it in the garage where the humidity might make it mildew and my crawler is constantly going over to pick at the plastic.

The 3 weeks is up. I call and they tell me they can only refund me with merchandise credit. Uh, that's not going to pay for legs for my bench. Or give them another 10 business days to look some more. Uh, no, you already had 3 weeks. If I had known I wouldn't get an actual money refund, I wouldn't have messed around for a month and would have returned the thing right away.

What a pain! Grrr. Now I have to arrange a UPS pick-up and await around for that.

votre_ami03
08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous customer service! Never heard of such a thing. I have only ordered books from them & so far so good.

Hope you find *the* bench of your dreams soon. :)

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030722/1/7/2/-7/.png

nov04
08-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Have you disputed this charge with your credit card company (assuming you used one)? I sure as heck would when I sent the darn thing back!!!! That way you don't have to argue about their stupid credit note. Good luck.

westchicagomom
08-03-2004, 04:15 AM
I know a lot of people here love them, but I am not that much of a fan of overstock. We ordered a refurbished phone and it was so badly damaged I wouldn't have bought it at a garage sale for $1. We got a replacement which was better, but still not great. And I have bought refurb stuff before so I was under no preconceived notions about what that meant.

We bought a mattress pad from there too which had a big whole in it. I am not impressed.

I have bought media items from them - those have been great and the prices are wonderful. I will continue to buy those.

So I guess my experience has been mixed - but as far as your situation is concerned, there is absolutely no excuse. I wasn't real impressed w/ their customer service either. Sorry you have to waste time waiting for the UPS driver.

starrynight
08-04-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm so sorry that happened!! I have only ordered movies and toys from them so I've never had a problem. I hope you get your credit and stuff straightened out and you soon find a new bench you love somewhere else.