PDA

View Full Version : Want a fat lip?

drsweetie
08-07-2004, 04:50 PM
If you do, come on over to my house. DD fell this morning and busted her mouth on the corner of a metal bedframe. She screamed for about half an hour after it happened but thanks to some ibuprofen, a 2-hour nap, and lunch, she is largely herself again personality-wise. However, she has a quarter-inch cut on the inside of her upper lip and her gums and the left side of her upper lip are quite swollen. She looks like she had bad collagen injections, like Meg Ryan. (Oh, did I say that out loud? Pardon me.)

Sigh. I joke, but really I'm bummed out about this. DH was watching her when it happened, and even though I told him it could have happened to anyone, he feels really bad and is now overcompensating by giving in to any whining and plying her with treats when she refuses to eat. She is just getting over an ear infection and has been really difficult lately about what she'll eat, and the last thing I need is DH catering to her. I told him to stop and he just sulked, so now I have two grumpy babies in the house. I threw them both out and told them to go for a walk so I could do some ironing (I'm waiting for the iron to heat up), which tells you how sad my life is. Argh!

Ellen

jubilee
08-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh how awful! Lots of hugs to your sweetie! Stitches aren't needed are they?

JElaineB
08-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Poor baby! I hope the swelling goes down and she is feeling better soon!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mharling
08-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Big hugs to your dd!

And no, your life is not sad. I find that doing anything without ds and dh is a break!

ETA: I see you got your 'lilypie' fixed. :)

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 Due 3/2/05
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

tippy
08-09-2004, 12:18 AM
So sorry for you, your dh and your babe! I know if this had happened to ds while dh was watching him I would feel the way you do. However, that said, I hope nothing like this happens while I'm on gaurd because that would be another story. For some reason I'm much more forgiving, laid back, easygoing....about stuff (even big stuff) but DH!!!! He would probably make my life a living hell! It's just his personality I guess but I am dreading the day. I hope dd heals up quickly. I am so impressed with the fact that you actually iron! Ironing in my household is only done on an emergency basis!

papal
08-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Yikes! So sorry Ellen.. hope your dd is feeling better and the swelling has subsided... and hope that ironing was a good release...totally not sad.. the other day i left dd and dh at home and spent 2 hours in Kinkos.. bliss! :)

drsweetie
08-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I don't think DD needs stitches (although how do you know?) and she hasn't seemed bothered by the cut at all since the initial incident. She has a doctor's appointment this week, so we'll get it checked out regardless.

Teva, the ironing was truly done on an emergency basis, because at any moment the enormous pile of wrinkled clothes on my dresser could have fallen down and either punched a hole in the floor or killed one of us.

And Mary, thanks for the lilypie help!

Ellen

jbowman
08-09-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm glad that your daughter is ok.

Ellie stuck her fingers in my dad's coffee yesterday when we were having breakfast! She got to it before he could move it out of the way...ouch!

tippy
08-09-2004, 10:58 PM
:) Whew! And I thought I was the only one!