PDA

View Full Version : preggers- post your whining here

lizajane
08-08-2004, 08:47 PM
i am tired of being tired. i am tired of being dizzy. i am tired of being so tired of being tired but still unable to motivate myself to accomplish tasks because i am so tired. i am tired of not getting to do anything fun for myself because by the time DH gets home and can "take over" i am too tired to go anywhere or do anything. i am tired of waking up alone 6 days/week because dh goes to work at 6:30am and runs on sat am at the same time. i am tired of not getting to have a weekly "me" thing when dh gets to run, sing in the choir and go out to lunch with co-workers, even if not more than every so often. i am tired of being a boring mom. i am tired of not getting together with friends because i am too tired to make plans. i am tired of choosing between living in a messy house, cleaning it up when i am so tired and dizzy i can't see straight, or listening to dh go ON AND ON AND ON about how much cleaning he had to do or he did, as though he deserves a cookie. i don't get a cookie for doing it all the darn time when i am feeling ok. i am tired of feeling so guilty for spending so much money that we don't have because we are organized because i am too tired to go to the store or even make a shopping list. i am tired of eating out. i am tired of eating pasta because i am so disinterested in meat or fish. i am even tired of not showing yet. which is really stupid because i will probably go into that clothing no man's land tomorrow, the day i hit 16 weeks.

i am just too tired.

amazz
08-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Sorry you are feeling this way, but just want you to know you aren't alone.

This is a great thread--needed to bitch a little anyway.

Tired of people saying Wow! You still have two months to go? You're never going to make it that long! (I heard that from everyone I saw this weekend which was quite a lot since I went to my hometown for a baby shower; I used to feel like a cow, have now moved to hippo stage.)
Tired of running out of breath everytime I walk quickly to the bathroom b/c the baby steps on my bladder.
Tired of my boobs hanging to the side b/c my stomach is taking up all the extra room I used to have.
Tired of not having the baby's room ready b/c DH wants to play video games.
Tired of being exhausted!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

mommy_someday
08-08-2004, 10:15 PM
OMG, Liza, I'm completely with you on this one! I feel like the most lazy, slothful and useless sack of poo these days. I literally went to bed last night around 10 pm and got up at a quarter to 10 this morning. Then after DH took me out for breakfast (brunch?) and we went to Home Depot for shelving for the nursery closet, I proceeded to take a 4-hour nap! How pathetic does this get? There are a million things that I could/should be doing, like vacuuming the "carpet" of dog hair off of my hardwood floors, cleaning the bathroom, doing dishes from the last three days and finishing the nursery. But darned if I don't have ANY desire to lift a finger in that direction.

Luckily, DH is the best. He does the laundry and the yardwork and doesn't complain about the state of things inside the house. He doesn't push me hardly ever, except when I've spent the entire day sleeping and haven't eaten anything in a long, long time. He's the one good thing in this whole mess (besides the baby, of course!).

And to top it all off, my stupid pants don't fit me anymore! I bought some partial panel jeans, but they're too loose and fall down every time I take two steps. (For the full story, see my post in the maternity forum). So between being more tired than I have ever been, living in filth (and not caring) and looking like I ate a truckload of Ding Dongs rather than being preggers, I'm not exactly a happy camper!

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Hang in there and I will try to do the same...

momathome
08-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Alright, I'm early in the game but very willing to jump in:
I am tired of "morning" sickness - which does not realize that it is supposed to cease to exist once it is no longer "morning"! I am tired of being tired - I feel like I want to drop by 3pm. I am annoyed that even though I am only 8 weeks along, I have ALREADY gone up a cup-size and needed to splurge on new bras at the 7 WEEK mark! Overall, I am thrilled to be pregnant but I could most defintely live without the symptoms that accompany it!

crl
08-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Can I play? Not pregnant, but leaving SOON for China to adopt our baby boy.

I'm frustrated that none of my brain cells seem to be fuctioning--keep losing important documents that must be packed, etc. I'm sick of people asking me if our son is healthy (boy referrals from China are unusual and frequently special needs)--YES he's healthy, he just needs a family. And I'm tired of trying to pack, babyproof and organize the house all at the same time. How is it that I didn't get more of this stuff done earlier?

And I really can't wait for the plane rides--Dulles to Detroit, Detroit to Tokyo, Tokyo to Beijing (pause), Bejing to Wuhan (this is where we adopt our son!!!! pause for a few days), Wuhan to Guangzhou (pause for a few days), Guangzhou to Beijing, Beijing to Tokyo, Tokyo to Detriot, Detriot to Dulles. Did I mention that I don't sleep on planes?

Ok, that helped. Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Edited to clarify.

AngelaS
08-10-2004, 08:17 AM
ROTFL! I'm with the other Angela here...

I wore an outfit to a wedding this weekend that will NOT be worn again. Apparently it too my '10 weeks to go' belly and transformed it into a "1 week to go' looking belly. The comments.... sheesh!!

I'm tired of peeing constantly---my 6 yo comments on that!!

I'm also tired of dh griping about how all MY nesting projects involve HIM. Well, gee, honey, I thought you'd want to HELP!

houseof3boys
08-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Where do I begin? I have had a splitting headache going on 7 days now. I wake up with pounding and go to sleep with the pounding. Measly tylenol is not cutting it but I can't take my migraine medicine now!

I am tired of the gagging and throwing up all of the time. If I get a whiff of anything remotely smelly or overpowering (my DH's Aveda hair gel that I quickly replaced with something unscented), I gag. Washing CD's is no picnic lately either!!!

Okay I'm done. I tell myself on a daily basis how lucky I am to be pregnant and I feel better. :)

amazz
08-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Notice I was the first to answer this thread so not trying to stop your whining at all. Just understand the migraine thing and I talked to my dr. and she gave me Fioricet. It has really helped. Have you tried that?

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

houseof3boys
08-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I go in tomorrow for my ob visit so I'll ask. I haven't taken that before but it's worth a shot since this is excrutiating and I had them all through my last pregnancy! Thanks.

amazz
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
It can make you sleepy so just be aware of that side effect, but of course since I always need to take it at night, it has the opposite effect on me. :) I really do hope you can get some relief. I don't know how you have made it through. From one fellow migraine sufferer to the next, I hope you find something that helps you!!!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

momma_boo
08-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm tired of the nauseau and vomiting (around the clock, not just in the mornings. Stupidest thing to call it - "morning" sickness). The worst is when the wave hits me while I'm on a subway.

I can't believe how tired I am also. Sometimes I get on the subway and if I get a seat, I'll conk out (don't tell DH - he hates that I sometimes fall asleep).

I hate that I feel so fat, but am not showing at all (it's just those extra pounds that I failed to get rid of).

Thanks for letting me whine.

Saartje
08-11-2004, 02:42 PM
My OB told me to continue to use Maxalt (which I've used for years) as needed while I was pregnant with Isaac. She also told me to use Excedrin Migraine (another thing I know sometimes works) if I needed to, as she felt the potential risks from the aspirin in that were less dangerous than a definite migraine.

houseof3boys
08-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Well the docs at my practice prefer to give Tylenol with Codeine for migraines instead of of a traditional migraine medicine. They said they felt it was "safer" at this point. I am just entering my 2nd trimester so perhaps that is why.

I am on my third dose of it and feel a teeny bit better but weird from being on the codeine! I hope it makes a difference today. :)

TonFirst
08-13-2004, 11:35 AM
My lower ribs hurt. I know that's whiny, but I'm sick of spending my days contorting my torso to try to relieve the discomfort!

KYBelle1102
08-13-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm totally with your on this....

DH started a new job about the time I was 14w pg. During training, he was working nights ALOT. So, after working all day, I had to pick up DS (now 11 mo old), chase him around the house, and hope I didn't collapse from exhaustion before I could get him down. This went on for about a month. DH seemed exasperated that laundry wasn't getting done, I left dishes in the sink for him to wash, etc. (Dare him to say anything about it!) For almost 6 months now, I've had horrible back pain (muscle spasms from carrying around DS). This past week, DH has been home at nights more, so I said "Bedtime's your job tonight." After I soaked in the tub, I came downstairs to DH saying "Is his bath ready? He's wearing me out...I'm tired." Oh, welcome to my world, hon.

I've already posted my rant about this before, but...we struggled with infertility treatments for years. We adopted DS last year when he was born. Now, wouldn't you know, I get PG. Despite what everyone may believe, it's not that common for that to happen (only about 8%). It's just that adoptive parents who DON'T subsequently conceive on their own is not noteworthy so you don't hear about those 92%. EVERYTIME we tell someone that we adopted, I hear about their best friends' cousins' brother-in-law's dogsitter who happened to adopt and then get pregnant.

I can deal with the general pregnancy rude comments, but I swear if I have to hear one more "You know, that always happens" comment about pregnancy following adoption, I think I just might have to poke someone's eyes out.