PDA

View Full Version : Uh, you knew we were coming

bluej
08-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Well I survived 5 months of single motherhood but I may very well not survive reuniting with DH. We are renting a three bedroom townhouse until we buy a house (first we have to agree on what area we want to live in, but that's another topic). Anyway, we have had the move date for the kids and I to move out here set since late June. We arrived last Sunday night. So that's what, almost six weeks for DH to get the townhouse ready for our arrival. I walk in and sprawled out across the entire living room is DH's office. When we decided that we would rent a townhouse we BOTH agreed that with three kids and only three bedrooms there just would not be room for his office so he would have to use his office at work to store all of his books, papers, etc. Then in the master bedroom is a go cart. Yes, the kids are thrilled, but it's not exactly my idea of master bedroom decor. He bought a washer, but no dryer. Just weeks before I moved out here we discussed that we would need a dryer and would need it right away, b/c it's just not possible to hang dry clothes and bedding for five people. Especially when there is no clothes line. I won't even get into the mess this place was. So we had two days to get his crap out of here so I could clean the place and have room for when our furniture and stuff arrived. Not my idea of a good time when all I really want to do is hang out at the pool with the kids b/c basically I have not had much of a summer with home renovations going on and all of the other stuff associated with selling a house and moving. Oh and he was suppose to have the kids registered for school. He checked out a few schools but didn't make a final decision and so along with cleaning and unpacking I've been interviewing and touring schools. I was prepared to having to deal with sharing a bathroom with DH and dealing with his morning coffee ground mess, but this other stuff has me a bit on the miffed side.

On a brighter note, I have a computer again since mine crashed three months ago and DH didn't trust me to buy myself another one. So add that to the list of things I survived...three months without a computer! Turns out daily trips to the library with three kids isn't as good of an idea as one would think.

Seriously though, it is great to be together as a family again and other than these first few bumps everyone is adjusting wonderfully!

momathome
08-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Sorry the move has been kind of rough-going, Jenn! I will forever maintain that disaster always strike when we leave the details to the men in our lives - they can't see the forest for the trees, that's why God invented mommies! :) Take care and good luck settling in!

babymama
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Wow! You have every right to be miffed. A washer and no dryer? a gocart in the master bedroom? school-less kids? Maybe this is just your DH's way of telling you how much he missed you!
Glad to hear that your family is doing wonderfully and back together again.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

houseof3boys
08-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Jen - OMG! I wondered when you were going to reappear, I honestly was wondering how you were doing just last night.

I am so sorry to hear about your DH and his antics. Sounds very frustrating for you!!!!

I hope everything gets resolved soon enough and you guys can figure out where you want to live and settle in once again with the kiddies.

Hang in there. :)

lukkykatt
08-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear that things aren't going smoothly. If it makes you feel any better, my DH would have done the same exact thing! I never know what to expect when I come back to the house after a time away!

Why don't you make a list and divvy things up? Glad you are all back together at least!

jubilee
08-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Glad to know we'll be hearing from you more regularly! But, your hubby is crazy- sounds like your hands are full with straightening out after him. A go cart?!

new_mommy25
08-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Yikes! You are a trooper! I would be wringing my DH's neck right about now. let us know if it gets any better.

McQ
08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Unfortuneately I can commiserate. When ever DH is out of town he comes home to a spotless house. When I used to go out of town, I'd come home to a disaster area. I would have lost it on the go-cart though.

Welcome back. We've missed you.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

candybomiller
08-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Thank you Julie. I was wondering when someone was going to ask about the go cart. And why the bedroom? Not where I would choose to store my go cart, that's for sure. The kitchen, maybe. ;)

bluej
08-19-2004, 10:43 AM
The kitchen! LOL! I was thinking the garage would work just fine, especially since that's where it's been since we cleared DH's things out of here! I'm guessing DH is a little boy at heart (okay I KNOW this) and he just wanted to be able to see 'his' (he claims it's for the kids) go cart before he drifted off to sleep to dream about racing.

Things are better around here. It's looking more like a home for a family vs a workaholics bachelor pad. There are still more boxes than I care for, but DH promises they will be out of here this weekend. The kids are registered for school, the uniforms are ordered, school supplies bought, we just need school to start now (next Tuesday). And most importantly...I have a dryer! Who would ever guess I'd get excited about a dryer. So sad.

pritchettzoo
08-19-2004, 11:05 AM
What a doofus-head! A go-cart in the bedroom?!? I'm glad you're settled in and have dry clothes now. :)

Anna

jec2
08-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Oh, the laughs you will have with this one in the years to come! I cannot believe he didn't buy a dryer too! And a go-cart in the master bedroom--sounds like he needed something warm to cuddle at night?!! LOL!