PDA

View Full Version : GYMBOREE online sucks

hellokitty1
08-19-2004, 11:13 AM
I am so mad at Gymboree right now. I was surfing last Thursday 8/12 and ended up placing an order. The site said it would take three business days to deliver.

It's Thursday 8/19 and NOTHING. So I get online and track it. Fedex shows it was delivered yesterday to some address I don't even know and signed by someone I don't know. So I call FEDEX and they tell me that it was delivered to the the adress on the package. So I call Gymboree and they tell me the story of inflation and how fedex raised rates so now they ship to the post office and the post office ships it to my house.

So I respond that they need to update their website accordingly and not post "three days" as the delivery time. So then they tell me the revised shipping timeframes to which they haven't met either. They tell me that it should take two days for fedex to get to the post office. And I tell her that it has taken 4! And then when I ask about the post office delivery, she says it's another 1-5 days. 1 to 5 days???????????????????? Are you kidding me? I could go by foot to the post office and get there and back faster than 5 days. So then I ask how to track now that the fedex is over and she says it's some other number less the last five digits so i go to usps.com and and can't find it. call gymbo back again and they can't track it either so they can't help me. So now I just have to wait another 1-5 days for it bc the post office won't let me pick it up.

ARGH. I was going to the COF this weekend and thinking i might need to make exchanges for size and mybe even get a price adjustment but i may not even have it in time!

I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deborah_r
08-28-2004, 03:48 AM
Vivian,

I just read this! How did this end up working out? I'd like to know before I place any online Gymboree orders! Thank you!

hellokitty1
08-29-2004, 11:03 PM
I ended up getting my stuff seven days after I ordered it. The site said three days. It worked out fine in the end but just don't expect to get it as soon as the Web site says. All in all, the process would be acceptable if they would just be up front about it. I mean, no one told me that fedex was just shipping to the post office so when I see that some stranger at some unknown address had signed my fedex package, I then went on a wild goose chase to figure out what had happened, first blaming fedex for the mistake. I'm no Web expert but I know enough to know that some time during the order pages on the Web, they can tell you about the convoluted shipping process.

They have good quality cothes so I have no choice but to contine purchasing. I'm not a big Hanna fan so Gymboree will probably stil continue to have my business. Good luck.