PDA

View Full Version : Every time Sydney is sick it's because of her cousin

TraciG
08-24-2004, 01:58 PM
so ANNOYING, Friday night I saw his nose was running & what do u know, Sydney's nose is pouring clear snot , started yesterday & she's so tired, every time she's been sick in her almost 10 months of life it's from him !

Marisa6826
08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Traci-

I'm sorry if I'm being blunt here, but I'm well meaning when I say this. You need to stop buying into your family's guilt about how you parent Sydney (as in, how often you get together with them) and just put your foot down.

If you see that your nephew is unwell, then you end the visit. Short, simple and sweet. Blame it on your Ped if you need to. I regularly ask friends and family if their kids are well before coming out for a playdate/dinner/get together. There's NOTHING wrong with blowing the occasion off. Your family will get over it. And if they don't, then they don't have Sydney's best interests at heart.

It's not worth putting yourself through the unnecessary motions of taking care of a sick babe, not to mention dragging Sydney through illness.

hugs

-m

pritchettzoo
08-24-2004, 05:11 PM
I agree with Marisa. I wouldn't let Gracie be around other small children if she were sick, and I would expect the same courtesy from others. Is there a way you (or better yet DH since it's his family)can call ahead to find out if the cousin is ill before you go over?

I hope Sydney feels better soon.

Anna

lisams
08-24-2004, 05:45 PM
I think it's pretty rude that they don't forewarn you and let you decide if you want to come over or not. I'm sorry Sydney isn't feeling well, I hope she starts feeling better very soon!

Lisa

miki
08-25-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry Sydney is sick but I'm with the ladies who posted previously. You're Sydney's mom. If you see her cousin is sick, take Sydney home. Tell the relatives that the ped said she'd need eartubes if she kept getting sick.

papal
08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
So sorry Sydney is sick Traci.. hope she feels better soon! Stay away from the nephew in question.. it is no fun to be a sick baby or a sick mom.

TraciG
08-25-2004, 03:51 PM
I dont think they knew he was sick, he was acting fine just a runny nose, she always thinks it's teething. I would always tell other mother's if Sydney had a cold or was sick.

Today she's much better :)

TraciG
08-25-2004, 03:53 PM
You're right, we do see them less, thank God, now it's usally once a week.

toomanystrollers
08-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear she's on the mend :) And if we stayed home with every runny nose, we'd never get out LOL

cinrein
08-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Glad she's feeling better.

FWIW, my child is one who gets a horribly runny nose when teething. I still let other people know she has a runny nose that may or may not be a cold, so they can decide whether they want to risk it. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003