PDA

View Full Version : Jerk tells his daughter MY DH is going to knife her!

jubilee
08-27-2004, 04:49 AM
We went out for our anniversary dinner (5 years!!) at Outback Steakhouse last night. And we are seated next to a family with two little girls around 4 and 7 years old. As my husband is unrolling his silverware from the napkin, the dad exclaims to his 4 year old, "that guy is going to stick his knife in you!" (And the knifes at Outback are HUGE! We're not talking about a simple butter knife) The little girl whirls around to look at my DH, and looks scared. My DH simply looked at the girl and said he was not going to. (He was very restrained! In his old days he might have punched the jerk.) Anyway, the girl's dad laughs and laughs. I was horrified that a father would say that to his child! Thankfully they left just minutes later. That aside, we had a great anniversary and dinner... love their food!!

new_mommy25
08-27-2004, 07:01 AM
That dad has serious issues. Stuff like that just kills me. I mean, hello, who talks to a 4 year old like that????

On a lighter note, I love Outback.

Happy Anniversary!

bluej
08-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Holy crap! THAT'S what he says to his daughter in public? I wonder what crazy #### he says to her in their home! That poor little girl.

Glad to hear you and your DH had a great 5th Anniversary!

houseof3boys
08-27-2004, 09:28 AM
What an idiot! That is a little much to say to a 4 year old. Imagaine what he must say when he is in private if he thought that public comment was funny.

Don't you just love their salads? I love their honey mustard dressing.

Happy Anniversary. :)

Sarah1
08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
OMG. That is insane. What a freak!

Glad you guys had a nice anniversary, though! congrats on the achievement :)

chlobo
08-27-2004, 02:56 PM
That's just creepy. Why would anyone do that? Just mind boggling.

amp
08-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Happy Anniversary!

And what a jerk! Don't you wonder what other kinds of things are said and what kind of life that little girl has, if her dad says things like that in front of strangers, when people are generally the most restrained?!

tina-t
08-27-2004, 05:51 PM
OMG, what a creep. I feel sorry for his kids.

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

s7714
08-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Belated happy anniversary!

It amazes me were people come up with these things they say to kids. In the grocery store the other day I saw a lady turn around and say to her 5-ish year old who was lagging behind "hurry up or I'm going to have to hurt you!" I think I spent the next half hour contemplating how someone could actually say that to a child!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

mommy_someday
08-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Where do people come up with this crap?!?!

My dad used to say stuff like that to me when I was little (when I was older, too, come to think about it) - stuff along the lines of I was going to get raped because I was wearing a skirt. I think I was maybe 7 or 8 and my conservative mother bought the skirt for me, so it certainly wasn't racy. But he's SCHIZOPHRENIC! What's this idiot's excuse?

Those kinds of comments can seriously mess a little kid up - I know from experience. Hopefully, that was a freak occurrance (no pun intended!) and they won't remember it later...

Congrats on your milestone!

mclianne
08-28-2004, 06:48 PM
What a freak! It's scary the way some people talk to their kids!