PDA

View Full Version : Look who finally noticed we exist

himom
10-29-2004, 05:21 AM
Well, it looks like Hawaii's 4 tiny little electoral votes actually might matter this year. For years we have been superfluous in every single presidential election. Results are usually announced before our votes are even counted and most of us are still at work and come home to find out who the President is. (We're 3 hours behind the West Coast)

Now we're 50-50 and our votes could go either way. And the election is so close in "the United States" that they finally noticed the little votes in the middle of the Pacific. Kerry's daughter and Gore are coming tomorrow and Cheney will be here on Sunday. Both sides are holding large rallies, something I've never seen here before.

I don't know whether I should be excited that somebody finally cares or stay grouchy that they only came over here in the last 5 days before the election and ignored us the entire rest of the campaign (not to mention the last 50 years).

Jodi

P.S. Okay, I think I might be excited! I'm off to hunt online for tickets to the rally. I've been a bit jealous of the rest of you that got to go cheer on your candidates!

jk3
10-29-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm jealous that you live in Hawaii. Electoral votes or no electoral votes, if I were a candidate, I'd spend the majority of my campaign time in your state!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

brubeck
10-29-2004, 11:37 AM
I seem to recall that a few years ago on SNL there was a sketch showing Seinfeld in the White House. 'Kramer' played the vice-president and he walked in wearing island print shorts and a t-shirt. When asked where he was going, he said (in that Kramer way), "Hawaii! I'm going to Hawaii! 4 Electoral votes! Everyone always forgets about Hawaii!!!".

In any case, I'm glad you're getting some attention!