PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with people? This makes me sick.

slknight
11-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Warning - very sensitive involving infant abuse. Just read this article on Boston.com about a man ...............................................(pu tting in spaces so people don't have to see the description in the thread title) who squeezed and twisted his baby until he heard bones break. :-( This makes me physically sick. My heart is breaking right now for several friends who have suffered m/c in the past few weeks and then I read about this kind of thing. I just don't get it.
x( ;(

Life is truly unfair. Here's the article if anyone wants to be ill:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2004/11/12/couple_charged_in_severe_abuse_case_in_nashua/

ErinMC
11-12-2004, 08:08 PM
I read the same article this morning on boston.com and I couldn't eat my lunch. Really. It's so horrifying to me that people can be so cruel to helpless infants.

mamaturk
11-13-2004, 12:03 AM
That's AWFUL!!! I cannot even believe some people.... SICK!!!

Saartje
11-13-2004, 04:38 AM
I need to put things like this on my "Do not read" list, along with discussions of politics and religion. I think I'm going to be sick. Or cry.

(Thanks for giving warning, Susan.)

aguinn
11-13-2004, 11:51 AM
if this is true (and i only start this way since i know there are always more than two sides to every story), this is the kind of $hit that makes me want to camp out at their house and wait for my moment to put the parents through the same treatment as they gave their child. of course i would never do this, as i am a civilized person, but man, this makes my blood boil and my stomach sick. i hope the father (and i use this term loosely, as he clearly does not deserve to be called a father), if proven guilty, has a real fun time in jail, if you know what i mean. and i hope that the mother, if proven guilty, is never allowed to have children again. disgusting.

amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

peasprout
11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't know why I clicked on the link. I knew it would make me sick but I just had to read it for myself. I hate it when I do that. The poor little baby,...no wonder she was crying!!!!!
:(
JP

MelissaTC
11-13-2004, 03:56 PM
TOTALLY unbelievable. It is sickening that people can be so cruel...especially to an innocent baby. I hope he gets what he deserves...

new_mommy25
11-13-2004, 04:34 PM
That is outrageously f**cked up. I feel sick to my stomach.

tina-t
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
OMG, what a sicko! I don't even want to click on the link to read the full story as I already feel sick to my stomach.

psophia17
11-13-2004, 09:04 PM
I tend to have faith that deep down, all people are good people and even if they do wrong they probably had good intentions. People like that guy (and the baby's mother) will all roast in hell.

C99
11-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Maybe I am just an optimist (or have talked to too many social workers who work w/ teenage mother populations), but I tend to think that there was something deeper going on with the mom. She was only 17 for heavenssake (and while I realize there are people here who had kids before that age and didn't have these problems, that isn't necc. the norm). While I do not condone her behavior, I can understand how someone would get herself in a similar situation and choose the wrong emotiona/loyalty to honor.

Mommie2MadLyn
11-14-2004, 10:23 AM
That is horrible. DH and I just read it together and my DH's immediate response was that he "wishes he could have 5 minutes alone with that guy!" What the hell is wrong with people? I hope he gets exactly what he deserves

starrynight
11-14-2004, 10:45 AM
*(^&%^$%##!**@@%$^%*^*()))!!!!!!! What I want to call that man I can't say on a site like this. What a ...

I do no understand people like that at all :(. All because she wouldn't stop crying, well if you beat her up do you really think that is going to make her stop?? Poor baby :(.

Nina31
11-14-2004, 05:45 PM
After reading this article (and crying througout), I did some searching and found a more in-depth one. Here's the link:
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041113/NEWS01/111130033/-1/news01

I also sent the writer an email asking if there is a fund set up for the baby. I want to reach out and do something for her.

I am so sad and depressed. :(

Nina
Mommy to Thomas and Sara

aguinn
11-14-2004, 07:21 PM
please let me know what kind of response, if any, you receive. i'd like to make a donation in the baby's name if there is something set up.

tia,
;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

nov04
11-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Nothing could be too severe for the person who inflicted such pain on a helpless infant.

jmelyn
11-15-2004, 07:11 PM
I knew I shouldn't have read that. So awful. Makes me physically sick. How could anyone do that???

kijip
11-16-2004, 08:37 PM
I believe that any mother has an absolute responsibilty to protect her children from harm. Her loyalty needs to be with her child first. She had a child by choice at 17. I know of and work with 16, 17 and 18 year old parents who do as good of a job parenting as I do. Good parents come in all ages and and bad parents come in all ages. When this man broke her baby's arm she drove to Mexico for treatment to avoid criminal charges and did not even keep the sling for the baby's arm. Then she let it happen again. She is as guilty as he is. If she was not ready to parent she should have used birth control or sought to terminate the pregnancy. Now that the baby has been born (by her and the father's choice) and treated so very badly, the mother and father should share the guilt equally.

chlobo
11-17-2004, 09:14 AM
What made me really ill was the father saying he wanted another chance to be a dad. And that was after he admitted to abusing the baby. Is he kidding? Hoping his jailhouse friends break some of his bones so he knows how it feels.

kijip
11-17-2004, 12:18 PM
It makes me sick that we live in a culture where someone could even have hope of a second chance in this situation. I really worry that the mother or one of her clueless relatives will get the baby back. The baby deserves to be adopted by a good family, one who would never condone these people's behavior.