PDA

View Full Version : Fuming at DH

lukkykatt
11-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Well DH just informed me that FIL is coming down TONIGHT to have Thanksgiving with us. Ok, I did know that we were having dinner with him tomorrow, but I had no idea that he was coming down tonight until oh, just a few minutes ago.

In fact, we had a babysitter scheduled for tonight who now needs to be cancelled. So, in fact, I have nothing planned for dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow. I don't even know where DH plans on having him sleep. And guess what? This can all be DH's problem.

The kicker was that DH originally brought this to me as "Oh, we have a babysitter tonight, but I forgot that Dad was coming down." When I told him that I had no idea that was ever the plan, he insisted that he told me but I must not have heard him. Well, unless he whispered it to me in my sleep, I am pretty sure that I never had any idea.

I am fuming fuming fuming. And the kicker is that I don't even like FIL. How I am supposed to get through having him here all night and then tomorrow is well beyond my imagination.

momathome
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
{{{Andrea}}} Sorry, hon, that sucks! Let dh worry about dinner and breakfast - defintely NOT your problem! Hang in there and have a nice Thanksgiving!

amp
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Ugggh! I would be fuming too! Speaking as one who has just had a major blow out with her dreaded MIL, I can relate to the "how am I supposed to get through this visit?" mentality! If my IL's were coming and I didn't know it, I would freak out! Ick! After our blowout, we will be spending it (somewhat blissfully) alone. Yay! Sorry you can't do the same. Hope it goes quickly for you! Happy Thanksgiving!

MartiesMom2B
11-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Yikes! I'm sorry!! That would really piss me off.

-Sonia

psophia17
11-24-2004, 03:42 PM
DH is forever telling me that he told me something that I have no recollection of him telling me...I HATE that, especially since I know I am right...

Definitely leave your DH in charge of dinner and breakfast, he's the one who (even if he did tell you) forgot to remind you when you were planning tomorrow, so it's his problem, not yours. Order a pizza, and make FIL pay...LOL ;)

22tango
11-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Sounds like the same problem my DH often suffers from!! We've decided it's because he feels so close to me that he figures any thoughts that he "thinks" I must already know! LOL! :D It's not so funny when it causes problems like yours, though.

I agree with the others, let DH do it -- if he's not adept in the kitchen, then order in tonight and make DH go to a place to pick up bagels & schmears, etc... for breakfast. He should be able to scramble up a few eggs to go with too, or pancakes from a mix -- just add water and pour!

Good Luck!!

pritchettzoo
11-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Whaaaaaaaat? How on earth would you forget that? Hmmm...DH better watch Emeril tonight so he can cook that bird tomorrow! ;)

Do you like spiked cider? Maybe it would help pass the time?

Good luck. To your DH, that is--you should kick his tail!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

new_mommy25
11-25-2004, 02:47 AM
Ugh!! That sucks so bad :( Good luck, you'll pull through this! Sounds like your DH was trying to slip one by you.

lukkykatt
11-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, FIL is FINALLY gone!!! Thank you for your responses - they helped me get through the ordeal.

The kicker was when last night after about 3 or 4 glasses of wine, FIL announces that he will be spending ANOTHER night, as he shouldn't be driving. Ugh! Even DH had enough at that point. After we put the kids to bed, we stayed upstairs in our room the rest of the night - awful I know, but I honestly couldn't take anymore.

Some highlights of the visit:
1) FIL tells DC that they were "lucky" that he was "letting" them watch Teletubbies. I guess he owns our tv while at our house.
2) FIL gets up at 9:30 Thanksgiving morning, stays up til 11:30 then takes a nap. Phew! Those 2 hours must have been exhausting. At least he was out of my way.
3) FIL sits downstairs reading while DH and I are getting dinner together - not even an insincere offer to help. Same thing at cleanup time.
4) FIL cracks nuts for himself while DC are clamboring to have some. When DH asks him to crack some for the kids, he gives a little laugh and says he will after he cracks his own.
5) FIL finally leaves with not even a "thank you" or "I had a nice time".

Enough said. Thank goodness it's over!

Melanie
11-26-2004, 01:47 PM
"4) FIL cracks nuts for himself while DC are clamboring to have some. When DH asks him to crack some for the kids, he gives a little laugh and says he will after he cracks his own."

What an Ass!! My Father (to a lesser extent) and his side were raise that way. It's like they enjoyed bullying children...very adult-centered people..."children are to be seen and not heard," etc. How sad it must have been to grow up with that.

I'm glad he's gone and you guys can have some family time!

tippy
11-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I would have shoved a nut up his left nostril and told him to enjoy cracking that one! What an ingrate. Next year can you just tell him you are all sick and that you’d be happy to send over a holiday plate as soon as you are feeling better?

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

starrynight
11-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Urgh!! I'm glad for you he is gone! I'm sorry he was a jerk.

houseof3boys
11-27-2004, 09:36 AM
That is insane. I would have quipped a "you're welcome" in there because I would have been so peeved about the whole thing.

I'm glad it's over for you. I would have a stern talk with your DH about that whole visit. Grrrrrr.