PDA

View Full Version : Gaylord Texan Reservations!*#$%!

usfrph
11-24-2004, 02:35 PM
DH and I invited a bunch of people for Thanksgiving but all either declined (out-of-town) or didn't even reply (this deserves another b*tch post). So we decided to check out the new Gaylord Texan and stay overnight to celebrate Thanksgiving as a family.

We cannot get them to send us either by email, fax, on their website etc a price quote! They quoted us $149/night with a 50% deposit but they charged our cc $116!!! So now they expect me to trust their over the phone quote when we already have problems (charging more than 50%).

I've been calling all day yesterday and today and no one can help me. I'm tempted to just cancel the whole thing this is stressing me out so much when this was supposed to be easier than hosting Thanksgiving at home!

*phew* Thanks for listening. Guess I'll call them again and see if someone can help me or else I'll give up and cancel.

psophia17
11-24-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm with you - call and cancel.

I had this happen a few years back, pre-DH, and it was the biggest hassle in the world. My cc was charged at more than double what the hotel quoted me, and I didn't even know that this had happened until I went to check in. I made a little bit of a scene, and ended up getting some comps out of the deal (whoopee, free dinner at the Best Western restaurant...although it might've been a Holiday Inn) and they only charged me what I insisted I'd been quoted. But never again did I make a reservation on the phone, always online or in person, with a paper trail.

usfrph
11-24-2004, 04:08 PM
They finally faxed us a confirmation with the room rate printed. (I'm sure they wanted the b*tch to stop calling).
This resort better be good! :-) Aside from Thanksgiving it's also our 5th year wedding anniversary.

I agree on always having a paper trail --we stayed at the Sheraton Colorado Springs last October and they charged us 2 extra nights even though our reservations stated that we had 2 nights free. Got $ back equivalent to one nights stay so 1) always have a paper trail and 2) always complain. LOL.

I have to say I've found my voice by hanging out on these boards and seeing all of you stand up for yourselves.

kristenk
11-24-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't have any experience with their reservation process, but the place is great! DH and I have gone out to the Gaylord Texan several times for dinner and to generally check it out. DH's work holiday party is going to be at the Texan this year and we are both thrilled! The restaurants are a little pricey, but Ama Lur is fantastic if you like upscale southwestern. They just decorated for the holidays and have tons of lights that will hang down from the ceiling of the hotel, several decorated trees and lots of model trains running around. When DH and I first went out there to check out the hotel soon after it opened, we were totally prepared to hate it and expected it to be sort of cheesey. We were wrong. It's great! I hope you guys have a wonderful stay (at the correct room rate!)

trumansmom
11-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey! Happy Anniversary! Today is our 4th anniversary. It was a good day to get married, wasn't it?

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

usfrph
11-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Belated Happy Anniversary Jeanne and hubby! :-)

usfrph
11-27-2004, 03:26 PM
We had a great time! It's a nice place to visit if you want to go somewhere within a short driving distance in the DFW area. We even got upgraded to a deluxe suite for the inconvenience. I have to check my cc again on Monday though to check if we got charged the correct room rate because they made a mistake again! It's in our favor though so I can wait till Monday ;-)