PDA

View Full Version : Care to share your Holiday Shopping Traumas!!!

toomanystrollers
12-19-2004, 01:19 PM
(LONG!!)
Here's a doozy for you - I had a woman throw the F-bomb at me and my three kids today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we just get into Walmart (usually a pretty nice crowd of shoppers - compared to other Wally Worlds) and there's a ton of traffic right at the registers. There's a tiny little path to get through which is right behind the manager's podium.

I make my way into the tiny path with Shea in the wagon, Tess holding onto the end of the wagon, and Neve is in a sling. This woman is heading towards me in this little path with a wagon of stuff and literally plows into me and my kids. She's in a big freakin' hurry to get to a long line. No "excuse me" or anything - just a glare.

I had to pull our wagon (and Tess) backwards to get the heck out of her way. So I said "that's OK, you can go first" - yes, sarcastically. So right in front of my kids and many other shoppers, She tells me "F - YOU". Real classy - goes nice with her fake LV bag.

I finished shopping (maybe 8 mins. later) and she's still waiting in line - LOL (I truly believe in Karma now.) And then I pass her in the line next-door.

I tapped her on the shoulder and sincerely wished her a "Merry Christmas" and "Thank you for swearing at me and my children" - loud enough so other folks could hear.

But get this, another shopper comes to my defense and also wishes her a "Merry one" b/c this nice shopper saw her plow us down and precedes to verify the incident to other people standing nearby!! Too funny!!

HO HO HO!!! Gotta love the spirit of Christmas :)

toomanystrollers
12-19-2004, 01:19 PM
(LONG!!)
Here's a doozy for you - I had a woman throw the F-bomb at me and my three kids today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we just get into Walmart (usually a pretty nice crowd of shoppers - compared to other Wally Worlds) and there's a ton of traffic right at the registers. There's a tiny little path to get through which is right behind the manager's podium.

I make my way into the tiny path with Shea in the wagon, Tess holding onto the end of the wagon, and Neve is in a sling. This woman is heading towards me in this little path with a wagon of stuff and literally plows into me and my kids. She's in a big freakin' hurry to get to a long line. No "excuse me" or anything - just a glare.

I had to pull our wagon (and Tess) backwards to get the heck out of her way. So I said "that's OK, you can go first" - yes, sarcastically. So right in front of my kids and many other shoppers, She tells me "F - YOU". Real classy - goes nice with her fake LV bag.

I finished shopping (maybe 8 mins. later) and she's still waiting in line - LOL (I truly believe in Karma now.) And then I pass her in the line next-door.

I tapped her on the shoulder and sincerely wished her a "Merry Christmas" and "Thank you for swearing at me and my children" - loud enough so other folks could hear.

But get this, another shopper comes to my defense and also wishes her a "Merry one" b/c this nice shopper saw her plow us down and precedes to verify the incident to other people standing nearby!! Too funny!!

HO HO HO!!! Gotta love the spirit of Christmas :)

aliceinwonderland
12-19-2004, 01:41 PM
how did you keep your calm!! MAN!

This is one of the reasons I do not shop at Walmart...I actually get scared the few times I go in there. But the rudeness you experienced could have happened anywhere, sadly.

aliceinwonderland
12-19-2004, 01:41 PM
how did you keep your calm!! MAN!

This is one of the reasons I do not shop at Walmart...I actually get scared the few times I go in there. But the rudeness you experienced could have happened anywhere, sadly.

psophia17
12-19-2004, 03:29 PM
You are setting a fantabulous example for your kids - I am so impressed! :)

IME, there are times when the crowds are a PITA and other times when I am thrilled to have them there - it sounds like you got a little of both yesterday...

My favorite holiday shopping experience was when I worked as a cashier in a grocery store. It was the day before Thanksgiving, the store was packed, every register was open (18 of them), and every single one had a bagger at it. The store manager was giving the baggers their breaks, and was bagging at my register when this harpy came through with a loaded cart, $400 worth of stuff (in 1997). She spent the entire order loudly complaining about the prices/service/cashier/etc., but I kept up with my "happy holidays" routine and kept smiling. I finished her order and was helping to bag, while she kept railing at me. When her cart was all loaded up, the manager says to her, "Ma'am, you owe Petra an apology, and I would like to tell you that on behalf of all Price Choppers, if you are unsatisfied with the service you receive here, you are welcome to shop elsewhere. Have a happy holiday."

I was FLOORED - she blustered out an apology, and hurried out of the store while the people at registers around us applauded...I didn't even know the manager knew my name...

During the worst of my yearly holiday shopping nightmares, that story always puts a smile on my face...:)

psophia17
12-19-2004, 03:29 PM
You are setting a fantabulous example for your kids - I am so impressed! :)

IME, there are times when the crowds are a PITA and other times when I am thrilled to have them there - it sounds like you got a little of both yesterday...

My favorite holiday shopping experience was when I worked as a cashier in a grocery store. It was the day before Thanksgiving, the store was packed, every register was open (18 of them), and every single one had a bagger at it. The store manager was giving the baggers their breaks, and was bagging at my register when this harpy came through with a loaded cart, $400 worth of stuff (in 1997). She spent the entire order loudly complaining about the prices/service/cashier/etc., but I kept up with my "happy holidays" routine and kept smiling. I finished her order and was helping to bag, while she kept railing at me. When her cart was all loaded up, the manager says to her, "Ma'am, you owe Petra an apology, and I would like to tell you that on behalf of all Price Choppers, if you are unsatisfied with the service you receive here, you are welcome to shop elsewhere. Have a happy holiday."

I was FLOORED - she blustered out an apology, and hurried out of the store while the people at registers around us applauded...I didn't even know the manager knew my name...

During the worst of my yearly holiday shopping nightmares, that story always puts a smile on my face...:)

lisams
12-19-2004, 04:08 PM
No real stories here. We were at TRU last night and I swear everyone was GRUMPY! Hello, it's the weekend before Christams and you're at a TOY store, don't these people expect crowds and lines? I actually was very sad for the parents who were yelling "shut up or you won't get anythibg" and "just pick something for your stupid gift exchange". Just doesn't seem very festive :-(

Lisa

lisams
12-19-2004, 04:08 PM
No real stories here. We were at TRU last night and I swear everyone was GRUMPY! Hello, it's the weekend before Christams and you're at a TOY store, don't these people expect crowds and lines? I actually was very sad for the parents who were yelling "shut up or you won't get anythibg" and "just pick something for your stupid gift exchange". Just doesn't seem very festive :-(

Lisa

pritchettzoo
12-20-2004, 07:14 PM
You rock!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

pritchettzoo
12-20-2004, 07:14 PM
You rock!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)