PDA

View Full Version : Update2: DH addicted to WOW

Coolamber
05-31-2006, 11:50 PM
We need to get the names our DH use and see if they are playing todether. Thanks so much for all the replys, I thought I was the only one going thru this.
Mollie

DH took off work early to play game. So he could join a group on line to play with to complete a Quest or something like that. The quest lasted 5 hours. Only 6 more days till vacation and no WoW.
Mollie

My DH is addicted to the computer game WOW. I know he plays to relieve stress from his job. But it has turned in to on obsession and must be tamed down before I lose it. He plays anywhere from 2 to 10 hours a day and only spend a little time with dd and that’s really making me mad. He need to spend more time us. I hope our vacation next moth with out the computer will show him he can survive without. What do you ladies think? Anyone else have this problem?
Mollie

Coolamber
We need to get the names our DH use and see if they are playing todether. Thanks so much for all the replys, I thought I was the only one going thru this.
Mollie

DH took off work early to play game. So he could join a group on line to play with to complete a Quest or something like that. The quest lasted 5 hours. Only 6 more days till vacation and no WoW.
Mollie

My DH is addicted to the computer game WOW. I know he plays to relieve stress from his job. But it has turned in to on obsession and must be tamed down before I lose it. He plays anywhere from 2 to 10 hours a day and only spend a little time with dd and that’s really making me mad. He need to spend more time us. I hope our vacation next moth with out the computer will show him he can survive without. What do you ladies think? Anyone else have this problem?
Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

Coolamber
Mollie

Mollie

Mollie

denna
06-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Have you already talk to him about it?!? Hopefully your vacation will show him the light ;-)
I know that I would have a problem with it if my DH did this. We have friend's that the husband plays video/computer games all the time and then on the weekends he goes snowboarding or whatever w/o his wife. I would not be able to put up this. Luckily they don't have any children yet but I don't see him changing if they do.
Your DH should be spending time w/ you and his DD. I wish I had more advice to offer you....

Good Luck!!!

denna
Have you already talk to him about it?!? Hopefully your vacation will show him the light ;-)
I know that I would have a problem with it if my DH did this. We have friend's that the husband plays video/computer games all the time and then on the weekends he goes snowboarding or whatever w/o his wife. I would not be able to put up this. Luckily they don't have any children yet but I don't see him changing if they do.
Your DH should be spending time w/ you and his DD. I wish I had more advice to offer you....

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

denna

Good Luck!!!

elliput
06-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Not WOW, but Guild Wars. Same story here. Some days I don't mind, other days it pisses me off. But, I figure he is a grown man, and if that is how he wants to spend his time, fine. I'll spend mine doing what I like (and he knows it!).

elliput
Not WOW, but Guild Wars. Same story here. Some days I don't mind, other days it pisses me off. But, I figure he is a grown man, and if that is how he wants to spend his time, fine. I'll spend mine doing what I like (and he knows it!).

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

wencit
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I feel your pain. My DH *would* be addicted to WoW if I let him get a subscription. Right now, we have a rule in the house that he can't sign up for more than one game that requires a monthly subscription, and he chose to keep EQ2.

We have had many arguments about his game time and still have not found a good solution. Usually, I will relent if the chores have been done and I'm not too tired with the baby. If you come across a magic solution, please let me know!

wencit
I feel your pain. My DH *would* be addicted to WoW if I let him get a subscription. Right now, we have a rule in the house that he can't sign up for more than one game that requires a monthly subscription, and he chose to keep EQ2.

We have had many arguments about his game time and still have not found a good solution. Usually, I will relent if the chores have been done and I'm not too tired with the baby. If you come across a magic solution, please let me know!

wencit

wencit

wencit

wencit

wencit

wencit

wencit

bonbon98
06-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Another WoW widow here! And it has become an addiction/obsession!! The one rule that I have for DH is that he can't log on while the kids are awake - he can play after they go to bed or during naptimes on the weekends. And like Erica, he knows that he can't say anything about what I like to do!!

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98
Another WoW widow here! And it has become an addiction/obsession!! The one rule that I have for DH is that he can't log on while the kids are awake - he can play after they go to bed or during naptimes on the weekends. And like Erica, he knows that he can't say anything about what I like to do!!

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

IVFMiracle05
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
OMG! and I thought I was the only one suffering! My husband WAS playing WOW for the past 4 months and it annoyed me to. He was staying up until 3 am playing and then he was too tired to spend family time on the weekends. He'd sleep half the day. My blood would boil! The saving grace came when our internet went down and they couldn't fix it for a week. I swear he went through withdrawl from it- was trying desperatley to fix the internet even after he was told several times it needed profesional repair. After a few days he got better and then when his subscription ran out he didn't renew it. He realized how much time he was missing with his family.
I hope you have the same luck when you go on vacation- I completley understand your frustration.
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
OMG! and I thought I was the only one suffering! My husband WAS playing WOW for the past 4 months and it annoyed me to. He was staying up until 3 am playing and then he was too tired to spend family time on the weekends. He'd sleep half the day. My blood would boil! The saving grace came when our internet went down and they couldn't fix it for a week. I swear he went through withdrawl from it- was trying desperatley to fix the internet even after he was told several times it needed profesional repair. After a few days he got better and then when his subscription ran out he didn't renew it. He realized how much time he was missing with his family.
I hope you have the same luck when you go on vacation- I completley understand your frustration.
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

IVFMiracle05
Tamara

boolady
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
With my DH, it's not WOW, it's the free games that came with the computer; namely, minesweeper and spider solitaire. Anymore, as soon as we come in the house, he comes home from work, or before he comes into bed at night, he's in there playing games. He says it relaxes him, which it might, but lately I really feel like a second-class citizen to a computer. I have asked him many times that if I am going to make dinner, which I usually enjoy, couldn't he at least come hang out downstairs and keep me company? Yesterday, I really lost it because he was within about 30 seconds of making us late for a daycare tour/appt. because he had to "finish his game." I have already told him many times, in anticipation of our baby's birth in October, that he is not going to be able to sit in front of the computer every night. He says he understands. We'll see.

boolady
With my DH, it's not WOW, it's the free games that came with the computer; namely, minesweeper and spider solitaire. Anymore, as soon as we come in the house, he comes home from work, or before he comes into bed at night, he's in there playing games. He says it relaxes him, which it might, but lately I really feel like a second-class citizen to a computer. I have asked him many times that if I am going to make dinner, which I usually enjoy, couldn't he at least come hang out downstairs and keep me company? Yesterday, I really lost it because he was within about 30 seconds of making us late for a daycare tour/appt. because he had to "finish his game." I have already told him many times, in anticipation of our baby's birth in October, that he is not going to be able to sit in front of the computer every night. He says he understands. We'll see.

boolady

boolady

boolady

boolady

boolady

boolady

boolady

C99
06-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Um....Good luck! I got my husband to quit for about 6 months (I told him it was our family or WoW) but then he started playing again. Addiction is a good way to put it! I HATE WOW...

C99
Um....Good luck! I got my husband to quit for about 6 months (I told him it was our family or WoW) but then he started playing again. Addiction is a good way to put it! I HATE WOW...

C99

C99

C99

C99

C99

C99

C99

jesseandgrace
06-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I've never heard of WOW, but since I could see myself getting addicted to a game i hope I never find out about it. I really like the rule that it can't be played when the kids are awake. That way you aren't saying NO, and I think we all hate to hear NO, so it is better to stay away from that, but you are setting some restrictions you can live with. Good luck.

jesseandgrace
I've never heard of WOW, but since I could see myself getting addicted to a game i hope I never find out about it. I really like the rule that it can't be played when the kids are awake. That way you aren't saying NO, and I think we all hate to hear NO, so it is better to stay away from that, but you are setting some restrictions you can live with. Good luck.

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jarrettsmom9705
06-01-2006, 08:40 PM
I feel for you. With my DH it isn't games its a website called "Stupid Videos" (which is - yes- stupid people videotaping their acts of stupidity). I personally don't get it but he thinks its great. The problem with it is these people scream in their videos sometimes and since his office is across the hall from the nursery, I tell him he has to turn the volume WAY down and that he better not wake the baby (or else!!).
However, since I discovered this website and you wonderful ladies I'VE been commadeering the computer at night after the baby goes to bed!
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
I feel for you. With my DH it isn't games its a website called "Stupid Videos" (which is - yes- stupid people videotaping their acts of stupidity). I personally don't get it but he thinks its great. The problem with it is these people scream in their videos sometimes and since his office is across the hall from the nursery, I tell him he has to turn the volume WAY down and that he better not wake the baby (or else!!).
However, since I discovered this website and you wonderful ladies I'VE been commadeering the computer at night after the baby goes to bed!
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

tarahsolazy
06-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, it was a phase for my husband. He played at least 40 hours a week for a few months. He's a SAHD, and I don't think its a coincidence that Forrest spilled an entire bottle of ink on the carpet, drew on the walls with Sharpie, and broke an oscillating fan in the computer room while I was at work. Me thinky supervision was a tad lax.

Anyway, as DH got up to really high levels in the game it got less fun, since he said he needed a group of 20 people to do any of the quests, and getting that many together at one time was a pain.

So he quit. Perhaps there is hope for you guys, too?

tarahsolazy
Well, it was a phase for my husband. He played at least 40 hours a week for a few months. He's a SAHD, and I don't think its a coincidence that Forrest spilled an entire bottle of ink on the carpet, drew on the walls with Sharpie, and broke an oscillating fan in the computer room while I was at work. Me thinky supervision was a tad lax.

Anyway, as DH got up to really high levels in the game it got less fun, since he said he needed a group of 20 people to do any of the quests, and getting that many together at one time was a pain.

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

tarahsolazy

elephantmeg
06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Hmm, at our house it's Trade Wars right now and was starcraft before that. BTW trade wars is a TEXT based game-no graphics or anything! How strange/boring is that? I don't get it at all.

elephantmeg
Hmm, at our house it's Trade Wars right now and was starcraft before that. BTW trade wars is a TEXT based game-no graphics or anything! How strange/boring is that? I don't get it at all.

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

dogmom
06-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Five hours?! Oh honey, wait until he gets to 60th level and Molton Core. Try 8 hours minium for that quest. My DH runs his own business, which so he works from home and watches my son several days. The temptation is always there. Here are the things I do that help us manage.

-He mostly plays at night, after 8 pm until all hours. He realizes that if he is sleep deprived because he was up to 4 am with WOW that's his problem and he still has to function. At this stage in my pregnancy I have no problems telling him to get out of bed at 6 am to get our son because I need to sleep.

-Large raids that need to be started at a certain time, etc., need to be scheduled ahead of time so we are all on the same page. The Molton Core ones suck because they take forever and often last two nights. But if I know they are coming we can come up with some agreed upon days and usually schedule some nice couple time the day before or after. (Of course I'm a nurse and work nights, so those are sort of built in game times for him.)

-I have the right to demand two nights away from the game with no logical reason or notice.

-He doesn't neglect our DS during the day for the game. He may ask to grab an hour here or there to "get ready" for the raid that evening, but he realizes that's a luxury. Our son definately comes before the game.

On the positive side, he's not out with his buddies drinking or shoving money in some stripper's G-string. He is home and has a hobby he can leave if he needs to. When my DS was a baby he would stay up late playing video games with DS in the sling sleeping to give me a break. Gaming can work out with parenting, but I think it takes work on both sides. I'm not saying it never pisses me off, but on the whole I am much happier with my DH than many of my friends are with theirs. I think it's because I except he's a gamer and we try to have a rationale discussion about limits and how it works in our family without just winding up on polar opposites. I also realize that when he's been playing way too much usually something is stressing/bothering him and I demand he talks to me about it.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom
Five hours?! Oh honey, wait until he gets to 60th level and Molton Core. Try 8 hours minium for that quest. My DH runs his own business, which so he works from home and watches my son several days. The temptation is always there. Here are the things I do that help us manage.

-He mostly plays at night, after 8 pm until all hours. He realizes that if he is sleep deprived because he was up to 4 am with WOW that's his problem and he still has to function. At this stage in my pregnancy I have no problems telling him to get out of bed at 6 am to get our son because I need to sleep.

-Large raids that need to be started at a certain time, etc., need to be scheduled ahead of time so we are all on the same page. The Molton Core ones suck because they take forever and often last two nights. But if I know they are coming we can come up with some agreed upon days and usually schedule some nice couple time the day before or after. (Of course I'm a nurse and work nights, so those are sort of built in game times for him.)

-I have the right to demand two nights away from the game with no logical reason or notice.

-He doesn't neglect our DS during the day for the game. He may ask to grab an hour here or there to "get ready" for the raid that evening, but he realizes that's a luxury. Our son definately comes before the game.

On the positive side, he's not out with his buddies drinking or shoving money in some stripper's G-string. He is home and has a hobby he can leave if he needs to. When my DS was a baby he would stay up late playing video games with DS in the sling sleeping to give me a break. Gaming can work out with parenting, but I think it takes work on both sides. I'm not saying it never pisses me off, but on the whole I am much happier with my DH than many of my friends are with theirs. I think it's because I except he's a gamer and we try to have a rationale discussion about limits and how it works in our family without just winding up on polar opposites. I also realize that when he's been playing way too much usually something is stressing/bothering him and I demand he talks to me about it.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

Hallie_D
06-04-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL! I could have written this post. Last night DH came to bed at 2 am after his guild tried unsuccessfully to make it through Blackwing Lair. They've got Molten Core down to a science, so it only takes 4-4.5 hours. Only. Hah!

I also have no problem making him get up early with the boys if I've been up with a cranky toddler, as I was a million times last night. My theory is, if you choose to stay up until all hours of the night, that is your problem! The kids wake up the same time every day no matter what. :-)

Hallie_D
LOL! I could have written this post. Last night DH came to bed at 2 am after his guild tried unsuccessfully to make it through Blackwing Lair. They've got Molten Core down to a science, so it only takes 4-4.5 hours. Only. Hah!

I also have no problem making him get up early with the boys if I've been up with a cranky toddler, as I was a million times last night. My theory is, if you choose to stay up until all hours of the night, that is your problem! The kids wake up the same time every day no matter what. :-)

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

bonbon98
06-04-2006, 09:47 PM
All right, dumb question: do you know what guild your DHs are playing in? DH is doing the same "missions" as described...

For all I know, my DH could be playing with your DHs!!

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98
All right, dumb question: do you know what guild your DHs are playing in? DH is doing the same "missions" as described...

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

bonbon98

Bonny
Mom to E&E 5/7/02

Hallie_D
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, I understand from hearing from DH about a thousand times that there are different servers. His primary character is on a Pacific Coast time zone server (even though we're in Chicago) called Sinarious? Cenarius? I have no idea how to spell it. His guild used to be "The Knights Who Say Ni" but there was a big split and now he is in a different guild. But I think that each server has the same "missions" and locations and story lines. It would be hilarious if our DHs were playing together! Maybe they could start talking about diapers in between fighting dragons.

Hallie_D
Well, I understand from hearing from DH about a thousand times that there are different servers. His primary character is on a Pacific Coast time zone server (even though we're in Chicago) called Sinarious? Cenarius? I have no idea how to spell it. His guild used to be "The Knights Who Say Ni" but there was a big split and now he is in a different guild. But I think that each server has the same "missions" and locations and story lines. It would be hilarious if our DHs were playing together! Maybe they could start talking about diapers in between fighting dragons.

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

Hallie_D

dogmom
06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
My DH main server is A-N (Azjul-Naret or something like that). That's where his guild Awaken is. He also plays on Icecrown. He's actually and officer in the guild. Of course it took him a week to tell me he was made an officer because he thought I was going to yell at him.

Just an FYI I found out. If for some reason an angry significant other manages to get hold of the password for the account and delete the character that their S.O. has one can actually petition the game maker (Blizzard) to restore the character. How do I know this? Apparently the my DH's guild mistresses' boyfriend did it to her after they had a fight. Nice to know it's not just male gamers playing too much.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom
My DH main server is A-N (Azjul-Naret or something like that). That's where his guild Awaken is. He also plays on Icecrown. He's actually and officer in the guild. Of course it took him a week to tell me he was made an officer because he thought I was going to yell at him.

Just an FYI I found out. If for some reason an angry significant other manages to get hold of the password for the account and delete the character that their S.O. has one can actually petition the game maker (Blizzard) to restore the character. How do I know this? Apparently the my DH's guild mistresses' boyfriend did it to her after they had a fight. Nice to know it's not just male gamers playing too much.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

dogmom

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06