PDA

View Full Version : Vent about our ped

DeeEast
06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Actually its not "our" pediatrician. Its one of the peds in the office/practice where our favorite one works. We only get to see her when we have a well baby appointment or have enough time ahead to specifically request her. Any other time, i.e. sick appointments, we're stuck with one of the other three. One of those misdiagnosed my DD once but no biggie. I just don't have much confidence in him. The other two never take anything seriously and always make me feel like I am over-reacting. A mutual friend of ours who takes his kid to the same docs said that if you went in with a third arm growing out of your kids head, this one doc would say "Oh its perfectly normal to have a third arm growing out of your head!" But I digress....

My oldest DD has had the strangest rash/dots on her face since last fall. They almost looked like pimples but weren't raised at all. They faded but left a "scar" as in a discoloration that is still there and bothers me. I want them to go away but they haven't. Last night DD got more of these dots on the same side of her face. Its the only place they appear and they stay on that side of her face! How weird is that? I'm terrified that these ones are going to scar also and this time there are lots of them.

Cut to DD's appointment with the ped this afternoon at which she basically tells me that its not life-threatening so don't worry about it. Yeah, let's not worry about the permanent scarring (she had to correct me and tell me that technically its not scarring, its discoloration. I don't care. Its permanent!) I don't think I am being paranoid in wanting to know what the mysterious scarring rash is on my baby's face! To boot, the only pediatric dermatologist that I can find (recommended by my ped's office) is one where we can't get in for a year.

DeeEast
Actually its not "our" pediatrician. Its one of the peds in the office/practice where our favorite one works. We only get to see her when we have a well baby appointment or have enough time ahead to specifically request her. Any other time, i.e. sick appointments, we're stuck with one of the other three. One of those misdiagnosed my DD once but no biggie. I just don't have much confidence in him. The other two never take anything seriously and always make me feel like I am over-reacting. A mutual friend of ours who takes his kid to the same docs said that if you went in with a third arm growing out of your kids head, this one doc would say "Oh its perfectly normal to have a third arm growing out of your head!" But I digress....

My oldest DD has had the strangest rash/dots on her face since last fall. They almost looked like pimples but weren't raised at all. They faded but left a "scar" as in a discoloration that is still there and bothers me. I want them to go away but they haven't. Last night DD got more of these dots on the same side of her face. Its the only place they appear and they stay on that side of her face! How weird is that? I'm terrified that these ones are going to scar also and this time there are lots of them.

Cut to DD's appointment with the ped this afternoon at which she basically tells me that its not life-threatening so don't worry about it. Yeah, let's not worry about the permanent scarring (she had to correct me and tell me that technically its not scarring, its discoloration. I don't care. Its permanent!) I don't think I am being paranoid in wanting to know what the mysterious scarring rash is on my baby's face! To boot, the only pediatric dermatologist that I can find (recommended by my ped's office) is one where we can't get in for a year.

DeeEast

DeeEast

DeeEast

DeeEast

DeeEast

DeeEast

DeeEast

emmiem
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Just go to a regular dermatologist.
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

emmiem
Michele

tarynsmum
06-09-2006, 08:22 AM
I"ve had the same thing with DD"s birthmark. The whole Ped"s Dermatologist, I just kind of kept calling to make an appointment (usually the wait is 4-6 months), and eventually (re: yesterday when I called) they had an opening for 2 weeks from now (I guess somon cancelled). My DD is so young, and since it"s a birth issue, I pretty much had to go to a ped"s dermatologist, but if you feel comfortable, just go with a regular one.

tarynsmum
I"ve had the same thing with DD"s birthmark. The whole Ped"s Dermatologist, I just kind of kept calling to make an appointment (usually the wait is 4-6 months), and eventually (re: yesterday when I called) they had an opening for 2 weeks from now (I guess somon cancelled). My DD is so young, and since it"s a birth issue, I pretty much had to go to a ped"s dermatologist, but if you feel comfortable, just go with a regular one.

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

nd93
06-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Go ahead and see a regular one, if that dr. feels you need to see a ped one they will tell you. It also sounds like you need a new practice.

nd93
Go ahead and see a regular one, if that dr. feels you need to see a ped one they will tell you. It also sounds like you need a new practice.

nd93

nd93

nd93

nd93

nd93

nd93

nd93