PDA

View Full Version : omg, omg, OMG!!!

bcky2
06-11-2006, 07:30 PM
ok so i dont know if this counts as a bitch but i am going to post it here anyways. dh was outside with the boys for like an hour. i go out and check on them and tell dh that i will be in the bathroom and i go back in. i go to the bathroom and then i do a few things and sit down about 10 mins later on the couch. about one or two mins after i sit down i hear it, my 2 year old screaming. i jump up in time to see him running outside our fence. dh was with them in the driveway and he had managed to walk along the side of the garage and then along the fence around to the back of it and all the way along the back up to the side street without dh paying any attention!!!!!!!!!! well our gates in the back yard are locked so the boys cant get out so i run out thru the garage and around the fence to get ds. i am hysterical. dh is saying that it is ds's fault and that he needs to learn not to run off. i scream at him that he is only two and that he could have been hit by a car or else someone could have taken him. he is like well when i didnt see him around i just figured he was inside. then he says that he figured that i was watching him. he just keeps changing the story. and it isnt like he got that far in a blink of an eye, we are on a corner lot on just shy of an acre so he had a bit of traveling to do. dh doesnt understand why i am upset and now is telling ds that he isnt allowed outside no more. wtf is wrong with dh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea, and to top it off ds was poopy and it was running down his legs but dh never noticed. and also his other excuse was that he told older ds to keep an eye on him???? he is only 4 and that isnt his responsibility. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i guess this was a bitch ;) im just thanking my lucky stars that he is ok.

bcky2
ok so i dont know if this counts as a bitch but i am going to post it here anyways. dh was outside with the boys for like an hour. i go out and check on them and tell dh that i will be in the bathroom and i go back in. i go to the bathroom and then i do a few things and sit down about 10 mins later on the couch. about one or two mins after i sit down i hear it, my 2 year old screaming. i jump up in time to see him running outside our fence. dh was with them in the driveway and he had managed to walk along the side of the garage and then along the fence around to the back of it and all the way along the back up to the side street without dh paying any attention!!!!!!!!!! well our gates in the back yard are locked so the boys cant get out so i run out thru the garage and around the fence to get ds. i am hysterical. dh is saying that it is ds's fault and that he needs to learn not to run off. i scream at him that he is only two and that he could have been hit by a car or else someone could have taken him. he is like well when i didnt see him around i just figured he was inside. then he says that he figured that i was watching him. he just keeps changing the story. and it isnt like he got that far in a blink of an eye, we are on a corner lot on just shy of an acre so he had a bit of traveling to do. dh doesnt understand why i am upset and now is telling ds that he isnt allowed outside no more. wtf is wrong with dh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea, and to top it off ds was poopy and it was running down his legs but dh never noticed. and also his other excuse was that he told older ds to keep an eye on him???? he is only 4 and that isnt his responsibility. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i guess this was a bitch ;) im just thanking my lucky stars that he is ok.

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

chlobo
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Wow, that's pretty outrageous. I think you might need to have a serious talk with DH once you've calmed down. Clearly this is a safety issue and whatever else he may think aside you need to be able to count on him when he is supposed to be watching the kids. There's just too much at stake. He sounds a lot like he knew he was guilty but couldn't admit it. Perhaps if you can approach it in a neutral way he'll accept responsibility rather than get defensive & try to skulk away.

Good luck.

chlobo
Wow, that's pretty outrageous. I think you might need to have a serious talk with DH once you've calmed down. Clearly this is a safety issue and whatever else he may think aside you need to be able to count on him when he is supposed to be watching the kids. There's just too much at stake. He sounds a lot like he knew he was guilty but couldn't admit it. Perhaps if you can approach it in a neutral way he'll accept responsibility rather than get defensive & try to skulk away.

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

chlobo

Good luck.

alexsmommy
06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
IMHO you are totally correct in being very, very angry. I think this is one of those situations best revisted after you both calm down with a lot of "I" statements to keep your DH from becoming even more defensive.
I'm glad your focusing on the positive, your DS is ok. Good luck.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
IMHO you are totally correct in being very, very angry. I think this is one of those situations best revisted after you both calm down with a lot of "I" statements to keep your DH from becoming even more defensive.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

Melanie
06-11-2006, 11:17 PM
OMG! That is CRAZY! A TWO YEAR OLD is not to be held accountable for wandering off. I'm so glad you heard him and that he's okay.

Melanie
OMG! That is CRAZY! A TWO YEAR OLD is not to be held accountable for wandering off. I'm so glad you heard him and that he's okay.

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

bcky2
06-12-2006, 09:01 AM
well all "d"h thinks now is that if ds goes outside anymore that he needs some sort of leash???????? ok he is not some animal, wth! he is like dont they sell something that we can attach to him that we can tie to the house or something. needless to say he still feels like he did nothing wrong and i am still pissed :(

bcky2
well all "d"h thinks now is that if ds goes outside anymore that he needs some sort of leash???????? ok he is not some animal, wth! he is like dont they sell something that we can attach to him that we can tie to the house or something. needless to say he still feels like he did nothing wrong and i am still pissed :(

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

kijip
06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
I am going to say this as nicely as possible and I hope that you take it as advice from one mother to another. You need to get help dealing with what you want out of this marriage. You need to see a therapist alone even if he won't go with you. I feel for you and your boys each time you post about this situation. Now I understand that I am not living it, not getting the full picture. Perhaps there are lots of loving, great moments that just don't get posted about but the picture presented by your posts is scary to me. Your sons are being neglected by their dad. Further, they are observing their dad be disrespectful and neglectful to their mom. Please think long and hard about the kind of men you want to raise- do you want them to be like your husband? They will carry the pain of neglect for as long as it continues, despite how much love and care they get from you. They deserve as good a dad as they have a mom and YOU deserve a loving, caring, responsible husband who is a partner and a co-parent. Don't sell yourself or your boys short. Start with some sessions alone and see where that takes you. If you don't have insurance coverage, look for sliding scale sessions through your county health department. Please take care of yourself and your sons.

kijip
I am going to say this as nicely as possible and I hope that you take it as advice from one mother to another. You need to get help dealing with what you want out of this marriage. You need to see a therapist alone even if he won't go with you. I feel for you and your boys each time you post about this situation. Now I understand that I am not living it, not getting the full picture. Perhaps there are lots of loving, great moments that just don't get posted about but the picture presented by your posts is scary to me. Your sons are being neglected by their dad. Further, they are observing their dad be disrespectful and neglectful to their mom. Please think long and hard about the kind of men you want to raise- do you want them to be like your husband? They will carry the pain of neglect for as long as it continues, despite how much love and care they get from you. They deserve as good a dad as they have a mom and YOU deserve a loving, caring, responsible husband who is a partner and a co-parent. Don't sell yourself or your boys short. Start with some sessions alone and see where that takes you. If you don't have insurance coverage, look for sliding scale sessions through your county health department. Please take care of yourself and your sons.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

jesseandgrace
06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
My dh is really good with kids, better than me in many ways, but I really feel like this could happen with him. He doesn't have the inner alarm I have for making sure our youngest is in his sight all the time. So, when I am with him but leaving to go inside or something (this is when he would do what your dh did and think the kids went inside or something, I don't worry when he is alone with them), I say to him "I am going in, the kids are with you unless you SAY to me that they are coming in." This clears up any confusion. I also told him that he can do it to me :). I do have to say it annoys my dh, because he is really pretty responsible, but it makes me feel better and I think it works. It is pretty easy to think kids just went in the house, and usually they do, but at two years old I think there needs to be a hand-off, not an assumption. Good luck!!

jesseandgrace
My dh is really good with kids, better than me in many ways, but I really feel like this could happen with him. He doesn't have the inner alarm I have for making sure our youngest is in his sight all the time. So, when I am with him but leaving to go inside or something (this is when he would do what your dh did and think the kids went inside or something, I don't worry when he is alone with them), I say to him "I am going in, the kids are with you unless you SAY to me that they are coming in." This clears up any confusion. I also told him that he can do it to me :). I do have to say it annoys my dh, because he is really pretty responsible, but it makes me feel better and I think it works. It is pretty easy to think kids just went in the house, and usually they do, but at two years old I think there needs to be a hand-off, not an assumption. Good luck!!

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

jesseandgrace

ellies mom
06-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I agree with Katie. She said it better than I could so I will just leave at that.

ellies mom
I agree with Katie. She said it better than I could so I will just leave at that.

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

ellies mom

psophia17
06-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree with Katie, too. "Husband" and "father" are titles you have to earn, and it doesn't sound like you have a husband, or your boys have a father.

Huge, huge hugs to you, though - going through this must be a million times worse than reading about it.

psophia17
I agree with Katie, too. "Husband" and "father" are titles you have to earn, and it doesn't sound like you have a husband, or your boys have a father.

Huge, huge hugs to you, though - going through this must be a million times worse than reading about it.

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

barbarhow
06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Gosh-I don't think that Katie posted this in response to 1 post about kids wandering off (heck that could happen to ME on a bad day and does) but in response to many posts that becky has made regarding her husband and his apparent lack of responsibility in regards to the safety of their kids. No one deserves this and I hope the becky gets some help.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

barbarhow
Gosh-I don't think that Katie posted this in response to 1 post about kids wandering off (heck that could happen to ME on a bad day and does) but in response to many posts that becky has made regarding her husband and his apparent lack of responsibility in regards to the safety of their kids. No one deserves this and I hope the becky gets some help.

barbarhow

barbarhow

barbarhow

barbarhow

barbarhow

barbarhow

barbarhow

bcky2
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM
>but in response to many posts that becky
>has made regarding her husband and his apparent lack of
>responsibility in regards to the safety of their kids.

omg, do i complain that much :o ok well yeah i guess i do ;)

well on a good note i talked to dh and he says that he is really going to make an effort to be better to the boys and me. i was at the point of pricing out apartments and he asked if we could first try and work things out and if that doesnt work go from there but to at least give it a chace. so i guess that is better then him just saying ok great, how fast do you think you can get your things out. i am still going to look into some counseling for myself no matter what. thanks everyone for your help and support :)

bcky2

well on a good note i talked to dh and he says that he is really going to make an effort to be better to the boys and me. i was at the point of pricing out apartments and he asked if we could first try and work things out and if that doesnt work go from there but to at least give it a chace. so i guess that is better then him just saying ok great, how fast do you think you can get your things out. i am still going to look into some counseling for myself no matter what. thanks everyone for your help and support :)

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

kijip
06-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I am glad that he is willing to work with you. I hope that he puts the effort in and agrees to see a therapist with you for all of your sakes, but especially for you and the boys. You deserve it!

FWIW, I don't think you complain "too much" . It sounds like you just have a lot to complain about ;) We are here to support you, girlie! :)

kijip
I am glad that he is willing to work with you. I hope that he puts the effort in and agrees to see a therapist with you for all of your sakes, but especially for you and the boys. You deserve it!

FWIW, I don't think you complain "too much" . It sounds like you just have a lot to complain about ;) We are here to support you, girlie! :)

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

cbm
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I am glad your DS is fine.
I hope things will start working out for all of your sakes.
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

cbm
Sending you hugs.

Claudia.
DS 12/18/04

mommy_someday
06-13-2006, 12:13 AM
>well all "d"h thinks now is that if ds goes outside anymore
>that he needs some sort of leash???????? ok he is not some
>animal, wth! he is like dont they sell something that we can
>attach to him that we can tie to the house or something.

Yeah, they do but it says in bold print on the label "This product is not to be used in place of adult supervision."

Your DH needs a serious reality check if he thinks a 2-year-old is capable of understanding why he needs to stay in the yard or that a 4-year-old is responsible enough to take care of a toddler. WTH was he thinking??? It clearly wasn't about the kids...

Hugs to you, Becky. I really hope you can get some resolution with DH and his many issues. Hang in there, mama.

And FWIW, ITA that you and the boys deserve WAY better than this!

mommy_someday

Yeah, they do but it says in bold print on the label "This product is not to be used in place of adult supervision."

Your DH needs a serious reality check if he thinks a 2-year-old is capable of understanding why he needs to stay in the yard or that a 4-year-old is responsible enough to take care of a toddler. WTH was he thinking??? It clearly wasn't about the kids...

Hugs to you, Becky. I really hope you can get some resolution with DH and his many issues. Hang in there, mama.

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
oops!

mommy_someday
eek - wth happened?!? sorry.

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

kijip
06-13-2006, 12:41 AM
> he is like dont they sell something that we can

As a semi regular user of the monkey backpack harness thing (airports, open air markets that are crowded etc) I have no issue with harnesses when needed. However, like the PP pointed out they are to only be used with adult supervision, not in lieu (bt you knew that already!). But I suppose you could tell your husband "Yeah, they sell them at PETCO and we can't use it on our son, attached to the house, without the neighbors calling the cops on us." LOL.

kijip

As a semi regular user of the monkey backpack harness thing (airports, open air markets that are crowded etc) I have no issue with harnesses when needed. However, like the PP pointed out they are to only be used with adult supervision, not in lieu (bt you knew that already!). But I suppose you could tell your husband "Yeah, they sell them at PETCO and we can't use it on our son, attached to the house, without the neighbors calling the cops on us." LOL.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

bcky2
06-13-2006, 07:24 AM
lol, that is close to what i wanted to say to him. when he said it i just kept picturing my little man on a leash out front kinda doing like a dog by running up and having the leash yank him back when he got as far as it would let him go. he just doesnt get it.

bcky2
lol, that is close to what i wanted to say to him. when he said it i just kept picturing my little man on a leash out front kinda doing like a dog by running up and having the leash yank him back when he got as far as it would let him go. he just doesnt get it.

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2

bcky2