PDA

View Full Version : So is there such a thing as DADDY brain?

buddyleebaby
06-12-2006, 09:13 AM
If so, I think my dh has it.
Yesterday we had company and ended up eating dinner really early, since they had kids and hadn't eaten all day. So by the time late evening rolled around, I was hungry. The only things we had in the house required cooking, which I didn't feel like doing, so I was just going to walk to the corner deli and get myself a cheese sandwich.
Well, dh doesn't want me to walk to the store by myself. I tell him I am perfectly capable, and remind him that when we were dating (in high school) he had no problem with me taking the subway at 1am to visit him at work. he doesn't care, he doesn't want me to go, and offers to go pick up whatever I want. I don't argue anymore as I think he is being very nice.
So he asks what I want and I tell him "provolone cheese and tomato sandwich". He wants to know what kind of bread. I tell him I don't care. He wants to know if I want mayo. Again, I don't care. Just as long as there is provolone cheese and tomato, I'm happy. Do I want anything else from the store/ No. Just the sandwich. I ask him if he needs me to write it down? No.
So he walks back in the door after his trip to the store and says "I've been calling you." (Phone is unplugged).
"Why? What's up?" I ask.
"Well, I guess it doesn't matter now that I'm here. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the right thing" he says.
"All I wanted was the provolone cheese and tomato, hon." I say.
He forgot the tomato part.
Now my first reaction was that he must be kidding. this seemed like a very easy order to remember, even if it wasn't the thing I order every single time we get deli food, which it is.
My second reaction was anger as I thought about how much I like tomato and how I would NOT be eating it that evening.
Luckily I let these pass, and I just told him 'Oh, well, it's ok" , feeling oddly reassured that I am not the only one in the household losing my mind.

buddyleebaby
Yesterday we had company and ended up eating dinner really early, since they had kids and hadn't eaten all day. So by the time late evening rolled around, I was hungry. The only things we had in the house required cooking, which I didn't feel like doing, so I was just going to walk to the corner deli and get myself a cheese sandwich.
Well, dh doesn't want me to walk to the store by myself. I tell him I am perfectly capable, and remind him that when we were dating (in high school) he had no problem with me taking the subway at 1am to visit him at work. he doesn't care, he doesn't want me to go, and offers to go pick up whatever I want. I don't argue anymore as I think he is being very nice.
So he asks what I want and I tell him "provolone cheese and tomato sandwich". He wants to know what kind of bread. I tell him I don't care. He wants to know if I want mayo. Again, I don't care. Just as long as there is provolone cheese and tomato, I'm happy. Do I want anything else from the store/ No. Just the sandwich. I ask him if he needs me to write it down? No.
So he walks back in the door after his trip to the store and says "I've been calling you." (Phone is unplugged).
"Why? What's up?" I ask.
"Well, I guess it doesn't matter now that I'm here. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the right thing" he says.
Now my first reaction was that he must be kidding. this seemed like a very easy order to remember, even if it wasn't the thing I order every single time we get deli food, which it is.
My second reaction was anger as I thought about how much I like tomato and how I would NOT be eating it that evening.
Luckily I let these pass, and I just told him 'Oh, well, it's ok" , feeling oddly reassured that I am not the only one in the household losing my mind.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

buddyleebaby
"Why? What's up?" I ask.

elephantmeg
06-12-2006, 09:18 AM
oh my! Hopr you get one today!

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

elephantmeg

sidmand
06-12-2006, 09:47 AM
I might be wrong, but didn't he also once drop your snowcone? Doesn't he know not to mess with a pregnant woman and food?:)

Or any woman and food for that matter. :)

Hope he brings you lots of tomatoes today!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

sidmand
I might be wrong, but didn't he also once drop your snowcone? Doesn't he know not to mess with a pregnant woman and food?:)

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

sidmand

Debbie

psophia17
06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
"I just told him 'Oh, well, it's ok" , feeling oddly reassured that I am not the only one in the household losing my mind."

I needed to clean my monitor and keyboard before they were packed away, and you gave me a perfect reason...

...also, if there is such a thing as Daddy brain, it sounds like your DH has it :+

psophia17
"I just told him 'Oh, well, it's ok" , feeling oddly reassured that I am not the only one in the household losing my mind."

I needed to clean my monitor and keyboard before they were packed away, and you gave me a perfect reason...

...also, if there is such a thing as Daddy brain, it sounds like your DH has it :+

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

drsweetie
07-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I know this is an old post, but I just had to respond because I've been wondering the same thing. DH has a really difficult time handling more than one piece of information at any given moment. The other day he was taking DD to daycare and I asked him to please look at the lunch menu there because I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. Half an hour later, I ask him what the kids were having for lunch and he says he forgot to look. Every blasted week he plugs his stupid sonic toothbrush into the bottom outlet, which means that I have to move it to the top outlet so I can use my hairdryer. Every week he does this despite my asking him every week not to do that. Yesterday, we were babysitting my friend's young son for a couple of hours, including dinnertime. Since I couldn't be there when my friend dropped off her child, I asked DH to find out what time they usually ate dinner. You guessed it, he forgot. The thing that frustrates me is that I don't feel like asking DH to find out one small piece of information is all that challenging, especially when I'm able to remember to look at the lunch menu, take in clean clothes, pay the daycare bill, and pick up the prescription without any reminding. I'm not perfect -- I have plenty of mommy moments -- and DH does a great job around the house and taking care of DD, but I really wish I could have more confidence that these little things are going to get done.

Whew! Sorry for the rant -- I must really have needed to get that out.

Ellen

drsweetie
I know this is an old post, but I just had to respond because I've been wondering the same thing. DH has a really difficult time handling more than one piece of information at any given moment. The other day he was taking DD to daycare and I asked him to please look at the lunch menu there because I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. Half an hour later, I ask him what the kids were having for lunch and he says he forgot to look. Every blasted week he plugs his stupid sonic toothbrush into the bottom outlet, which means that I have to move it to the top outlet so I can use my hairdryer. Every week he does this despite my asking him every week not to do that. Yesterday, we were babysitting my friend's young son for a couple of hours, including dinnertime. Since I couldn't be there when my friend dropped off her child, I asked DH to find out what time they usually ate dinner. You guessed it, he forgot. The thing that frustrates me is that I don't feel like asking DH to find out one small piece of information is all that challenging, especially when I'm able to remember to look at the lunch menu, take in clean clothes, pay the daycare bill, and pick up the prescription without any reminding. I'm not perfect -- I have plenty of mommy moments -- and DH does a great job around the house and taking care of DD, but I really wish I could have more confidence that these little things are going to get done.

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

drsweetie

Ellen

tiapam
07-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Same here. DH continues to put things in the recycling that cannot be recycled. He also agreed to be responsible for putting the grill away, since DD and her friends think it is a toy. Apparently he has completely forgotten this conversation, much like many others!

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam
Same here. DH continues to put things in the recycling that cannot be recycled. He also agreed to be responsible for putting the grill away, since DD and her friends think it is a toy. Apparently he has completely forgotten this conversation, much like many others!

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!