PDA

View Full Version : Update: An OVERDRAFT fee? WTF??!!

kijip
06-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Update: I just checked my account again and the balance was about $175 more than it should have been after the transfer. $25 was the refunded fee and $150 was an automatic deposit that I log each month on the 15th (dunno why it is early?) but anyhoo, I have my $$ back and I checked my email and there was a very nice email from the bank manager stating that they were happy to credit it back to my account. Whew.

I checked my account this weekend online at like 11pm and found that I was $26.90 overdrawn, $25 of those dollars being a fee :(. On closer inspection I realized that I had logged a deposit that I had not actually made earlier in the week. (hang head in shame) DOH! I transfered in $$ from savings and I called J and had him toss the amount of the deposit I did not make into the night depository (it was child support) and I ripped up the check that I forgot to deposit from him. I opened an account at a new bank when I became separated from J while we got our joint financials separated. I thought that all banks transfered money from savings if available in these situations? I know that the credit union J and I had our household accounts they did that for a $1 fee or something. I emailed the branch manager this morning. Hopefully they will give me my $25 charge back. This is really stupid of me so I am giving myself a big kick in the pants.

kijip
Update: I just checked my account again and the balance was about $175 more than it should have been after the transfer. $25 was the refunded fee and $150 was an automatic deposit that I log each month on the 15th (dunno why it is early?) but anyhoo, I have my $$ back and I checked my email and there was a very nice email from the bank manager stating that they were happy to credit it back to my account. Whew.

I checked my account this weekend online at like 11pm and found that I was $26.90 overdrawn, $25 of those dollars being a fee :(. On closer inspection I realized that I had logged a deposit that I had not actually made earlier in the week. (hang head in shame) DOH! I transfered in $$ from savings and I called J and had him toss the amount of the deposit I did not make into the night depository (it was child support) and I ripped up the check that I forgot to deposit from him. I opened an account at a new bank when I became separated from J while we got our joint financials separated. I thought that all banks transfered money from savings if available in these situations? I know that the credit union J and I had our household accounts they did that for a $1 fee or something. I emailed the branch manager this morning. Hopefully they will give me my $25 charge back. This is really stupid of me so I am giving myself a big kick in the pants.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

psophia17
06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I think it all depends on the bank - we once got dinged with a $25 overdraft fee on a Monday because the $600 cash we'd deposited Friday at 3pm hadn't logged in yet...I was furious, and the bank refused to pay back the fee, even though the dates were clearly in our favor.

That's when we brought our business elsewhere - don't ask about the fit I threw when they said I couldn't close all our accounts without paying fees. I ended up withdrawing all our money and letting the account just hang out. Not the best idea, ever, but I wasn't about to pay money to close a bank account. I think they're still charging us a fee every month for being under the minimum balance...luckily ( :o ) our credit is shot in the States anyhow, so I really don't care.

psophia17
I think it all depends on the bank - we once got dinged with a $25 overdraft fee on a Monday because the $600 cash we'd deposited Friday at 3pm hadn't logged in yet...I was furious, and the bank refused to pay back the fee, even though the dates were clearly in our favor.

That's when we brought our business elsewhere - don't ask about the fit I threw when they said I couldn't close all our accounts without paying fees. I ended up withdrawing all our money and letting the account just hang out. Not the best idea, ever, but I wasn't about to pay money to close a bank account. I think they're still charging us a fee every month for being under the minimum balance...luckily ( :o ) our credit is shot in the States anyhow, so I really don't care.

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

janeybwild
06-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Gotta love good customer service! Glad it is resolved.

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

kijip
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
>Gotta love good customer service! Glad it is resolved.

Yeah, this is the bank where Toby begs to come to because they have treats like popcorn and plastic dinosaur toys and the clerk is always insanely nice to him and remembers his name. I should have figured they would do it, at least as a one time thing (esp. since I am not prone to this sort of thing). I should not have freaked out so much I just hate stuff like this (especially when it involves me not making a deposit or transferring funds, or basically me not doing what I should have, grr). Especially at 11pm Saturday when you know there is nothing that can be done till Monday.

kijip

Yeah, this is the bank where Toby begs to come to because they have treats like popcorn and plastic dinosaur toys and the clerk is always insanely nice to him and remembers his name. I should have figured they would do it, at least as a one time thing (esp. since I am not prone to this sort of thing). I should not have freaked out so much I just hate stuff like this (especially when it involves me not making a deposit or transferring funds, or basically me not doing what I should have, grr). Especially at 11pm Saturday when you know there is nothing that can be done till Monday.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

psophia17
06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I think that bank sounds just my speed...any bank with popcorn is the place to bank at :)

psophia17
I think that bank sounds just my speed...any bank with popcorn is the place to bank at :)

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

psophia17

hez
06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
What a helpful bank manager. I'm sure s/he didn't want to lose a good customer over a lousy $1.90 oops.

We had that happen once, as well, and as soon as they realized we had the cash, it was just in savings not checking, they helped us out too. Now, if we do it lots of times, they may ask us to take our business elsewhere ;)

hez
What a helpful bank manager. I'm sure s/he didn't want to lose a good customer over a lousy $1.90 oops.

We had that happen once, as well, and as soon as they realized we had the cash, it was just in savings not checking, they helped us out too. Now, if we do it lots of times, they may ask us to take our business elsewhere ;)

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez