PDA

View Full Version : Can someone just knock me out for a while?

cilantromapuche
06-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I am having my c section tomorrow and I just had that %^&$# stomach virus for the 3rd time this pregnancy. DH got it too. Thank heavens that DS didn't get it but they just called from DC to say that he has a fever and might have an ear infection.
We don't have family to take over and meanwhile my European Jewish grandmother keeps calling and commenting on wether I've gained too much (do you really think I wanted to gain 60 lbs.?) or wether DS is too skinny, etc. I am sick of talking to her and wish my mother were alive to tone her down.
Off to pack and pray that nothing else happens (hahahaha, that would be too easy)

Christine

mama to A (7/03)and a girl (6/06)

cilantromapuche
I am having my c section tomorrow and I just had that %^&$# stomach virus for the 3rd time this pregnancy. DH got it too. Thank heavens that DS didn't get it but they just called from DC to say that he has a fever and might have an ear infection.
We don't have family to take over and meanwhile my European Jewish grandmother keeps calling and commenting on wether I've gained too much (do you really think I wanted to gain 60 lbs.?) or wether DS is too skinny, etc. I am sick of talking to her and wish my mother were alive to tone her down.
Off to pack and pray that nothing else happens (hahahaha, that would be too easy)

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

carryingandstrollingabout
06-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Now I'm no doctor, but I'd think c-section would have to be postponed becaues they don't want you vomiting during surgery, to the point they don't allow water 12 hours before.

I had a cold and was sure they'd postpone, but they didn't. Still, better check....

Good luck!!!!!

Now I'm no doctor, but I'd think c-section would have to be postponed becaues they don't want you vomiting during surgery, to the point they don't allow water 12 hours before.

I had a cold and was sure they'd postpone, but they didn't. Still, better check....

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

mommy_someday
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Yikes! Any one of those things would be a lot to deal with, but all of them combined? That's a tall order for anyone, mama! I'm sorry that you and DH were sick and that your inconsiderate grandmother won't leave you alone. I think I'd be turning off the phone or at least screening calls, iykwim. I hope your DS doesn't turn out to be sick and that your delivery goes smoothly, whether it happens tomorrow or not.

Good luck with your packing and hang in there! (((hugs)))

mommy_someday
Yikes! Any one of those things would be a lot to deal with, but all of them combined? That's a tall order for anyone, mama! I'm sorry that you and DH were sick and that your inconsiderate grandmother won't leave you alone. I think I'd be turning off the phone or at least screening calls, iykwim. I hope your DS doesn't turn out to be sick and that your delivery goes smoothly, whether it happens tomorrow or not.

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

mommy_someday

tina-t
06-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Can you check with your dr. to see if you will go through the C-section while you have this stomach virus? They might need to postpone for a few days.

I would also try to screen my calls and try not to talk to your grandmother. You already have too many things on your plate.

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t
Can you check with your dr. to see if you will go through the C-section while you have this stomach virus? They might need to postpone for a few days.

I would also try to screen my calls and try not to talk to your grandmother. You already have too many things on your plate.

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

tina-t

(((Hugs)))!

cilantromapuche
06-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Dr. is not going to postpone and I had already been scheduled for the 9th and had it moved back. Plus, he is going on vacation the following day. We'll see how it goes!

Christine

cilantromapuche
Dr. is not going to postpone and I had already been scheduled for the 9th and had it moved back. Plus, he is going on vacation the following day. We'll see how it goes!

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

cilantromapuche

Christine

mommyoftwo
06-13-2006, 07:35 PM
You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better ASAP and that things go well tomorrow. ITA about screening calls. We have to do that with my dad and my husbands mother. It doesn't change their behavior but at least we don't have to deal with it as much.

mommyoftwo
You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better ASAP and that things go well tomorrow. ITA about screening calls. We have to do that with my dad and my husbands mother. It doesn't change their behavior but at least we don't have to deal with it as much.

mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

janeybwild
06-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Good luck Christine! We'll be pulling for you.

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

janeybwild

Radosti
06-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Hope you c-section went well today!

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

chiqanita
06-14-2006, 10:17 PM
So sorry things aren't going as smoothly as they could. When I had my Csection I had just eaten a PB&J sandwich and a red Zinger because I was just going to my usualy appointment at the OB. They got me ready for the Csect quick and bumped 3 scheduled Csects ahead of me because one of my twins wasn't moving very much and I had lost some amni fluid. Anyway, I remember gagging a couple of times or more like dry heaving but nothing came up and it all stopped before I knew it.

I hope all goes well and that you are enjoying your new addition to your family.

Sending good thoughts your way!

chiqanita
So sorry things aren't going as smoothly as they could. When I had my Csection I had just eaten a PB&J sandwich and a red Zinger because I was just going to my usualy appointment at the OB. They got me ready for the Csect quick and bumped 3 scheduled Csects ahead of me because one of my twins wasn't moving very much and I had lost some amni fluid. Anyway, I remember gagging a couple of times or more like dry heaving but nothing came up and it all stopped before I knew it.

I hope all goes well and that you are enjoying your new addition to your family.

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita

chiqanita