PDA

View Full Version : Frickin fracken clerks at Target

octmom
06-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Hard to believe I am bitching about my beloved Target, but I am. A month ago, I bought 2 large three-shelf bookcases, 2 XL five-shelf bookcases, 2 storage benches, and a toybox, all in an attempt to get the toys and kids' books organized nicely in the family room. My parents were visiting just a few days after I bought the stuff and they were kind enough to assemble it all-- no easy project. We opened the boxes to find that both of the three-shelf bookcases were damaged, obviously from being tossed around roughly and not packed well. A PITA, but I was able to exchange them. When we got to the last bookcase-- one of the XL ones, my parents didn't look over all the pieces before they started assembling it. (I was upstairs with Katie and DH was at work.) They got almost the whole thing put together and went to add the final piece, the top, only to find that it was damaged. Aargh. So I called Target and found out that they had no more in stock. This was after getting bounced around on the phone for about 15 minutes and then ultimately disconnected twice. They told me that their policy is to get items in within one week when they are out of stock and suggested that I call daily or every other day to see if it came in. When it did, they said they would swap out the damaged piece with a good one from a new box.

Fast forward one month to today-- after about 15 phone calls, most of which are as frustrating as the first day's calls, and at least three in-person check-ins while I was shopping, I called today and the clerk said that they had one in stock. Hallelujah! They pulled it to the front for me and I dropped everything at work and drove right there on my lunch hour, about 15-20 minutes from my office. I get there and they have pulled out the wrong item, but someone has put the sticker for the item I need on this box in the stockroom. Aargh. Then they tell me that there is one on the floor and they will bring it up to the front because it is very heavy. I shop around a bit and come back. They have pulled the wrong item again. This time they pulled the three-shelf bookcase even though they knew I was looking for the five-shelf bookcase and I even had the box with me to show them. Aargh. They have no idea when they might get it in stock again and I still have a mostly-assembled bookcase in my family room. Sigh.

Looks like I am driving to another Target an hour away this weekend to try to get this damn thing once and for all.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

octmom
Hard to believe I am bitching about my beloved Target, but I am. A month ago, I bought 2 large three-shelf bookcases, 2 XL five-shelf bookcases, 2 storage benches, and a toybox, all in an attempt to get the toys and kids' books organized nicely in the family room. My parents were visiting just a few days after I bought the stuff and they were kind enough to assemble it all-- no easy project. We opened the boxes to find that both of the three-shelf bookcases were damaged, obviously from being tossed around roughly and not packed well. A PITA, but I was able to exchange them. When we got to the last bookcase-- one of the XL ones, my parents didn't look over all the pieces before they started assembling it. (I was upstairs with Katie and DH was at work.) They got almost the whole thing put together and went to add the final piece, the top, only to find that it was damaged. Aargh. So I called Target and found out that they had no more in stock. This was after getting bounced around on the phone for about 15 minutes and then ultimately disconnected twice. They told me that their policy is to get items in within one week when they are out of stock and suggested that I call daily or every other day to see if it came in. When it did, they said they would swap out the damaged piece with a good one from a new box.

Fast forward one month to today-- after about 15 phone calls, most of which are as frustrating as the first day's calls, and at least three in-person check-ins while I was shopping, I called today and the clerk said that they had one in stock. Hallelujah! They pulled it to the front for me and I dropped everything at work and drove right there on my lunch hour, about 15-20 minutes from my office. I get there and they have pulled out the wrong item, but someone has put the sticker for the item I need on this box in the stockroom. Aargh. Then they tell me that there is one on the floor and they will bring it up to the front because it is very heavy. I shop around a bit and come back. They have pulled the wrong item again. This time they pulled the three-shelf bookcase even though they knew I was looking for the five-shelf bookcase and I even had the box with me to show them. Aargh. They have no idea when they might get it in stock again and I still have a mostly-assembled bookcase in my family room. Sigh.

Looks like I am driving to another Target an hour away this weekend to try to get this damn thing once and for all.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

kijip
06-16-2006, 05:55 PM
That is frustrating. At least they will take the damaged piece back and exchange it so you don't have to drag the almost assembled one back to the store.

One thought- is there a manufacturer info in the box? I bought some furniture for Toby recently and a drawer was broken. The store did not have any more in the blue I needed but the manufacturer mailed me the part I needed.

kijip
That is frustrating. At least they will take the damaged piece back and exchange it so you don't have to drag the almost assembled one back to the store.

One thought- is there a manufacturer info in the box? I bought some furniture for Toby recently and a drawer was broken. The store did not have any more in the blue I needed but the manufacturer mailed me the part I needed.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

hez
06-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm so sorry, Jerilyn. Here's hoping you found what you needed at another Target. You'd think they'd want to help just a little bit...

hez
I'm so sorry, Jerilyn. Here's hoping you found what you needed at another Target. You'd think they'd want to help just a little bit...

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

octmom
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks guys. Stupid complaint, I know, but it was one of those annoying things. We did get the right part on Saturday, the bookshewlf is now complete, and I am no longer driving around with the broken shelf in the back of my car. Amen!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom
Thanks guys. Stupid complaint, I know, but it was one of those annoying things. We did get the right part on Saturday, the bookshewlf is now complete, and I am no longer driving around with the broken shelf in the back of my car. Amen!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

octmom

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06