PDA

View Full Version : fricken fracken maytag neptune tl washer

Lynnie
06-17-2006, 09:15 PM
i HATE it.

I wanted a normal washing machine. but NOOOO. When ours broke a year ago christmas, DH went to the sears outlet and got one of those fancy digital neptune things. great deal. yeah, great deal cause there were a million of them, all of which had been returned, and hence, were at the outlet.

its supposed to be energy efficient. well its not, because you cannot wash anything other than a full load, or the thing will stop and say DC or OL or some other stupid code which means that it is an uneven load.

I put DS2s car seat cover in with some other dark things this morning. Each of the 6 times I have gone out to put the clothes -minus the cover - in the dryer, they have been sitting in a puddle of water with the machine flashing DC. grrrrrrr.

So I am going to have to put a bunch of clean towels in there to even it out, or get some dirty stuff and do a whole nother wash. not very energy efficient is it ?

I am well aware that my frustration and totally pissy mood is probably in great part due to renovating stress/uncertainty/cheaphusband, etc, but a terrible washer is just the kind of PITA I do not need right now.

*Edited after getting a good night's sleep.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

I wanted a normal washing machine. but NOOOO. When ours broke a year ago christmas, DH went to the sears outlet and got one of those fancy digital neptune things. great deal. yeah, great deal cause there were a million of them, all of which had been returned, and hence, were at the outlet.

its supposed to be energy efficient. well its not, because you cannot wash anything other than a full load, or the thing will stop and say DC or OL or some other stupid code which means that it is an uneven load.

I put DS2s car seat cover in with some other dark things this morning. Each of the 6 times I have gone out to put the clothes -minus the cover - in the dryer, they have been sitting in a puddle of water with the machine flashing DC. grrrrrrr.

So I am going to have to put a bunch of clean towels in there to even it out, or get some dirty stuff and do a whole nother wash. not very energy efficient is it ?

I am well aware that my frustration and totally pissy mood is probably in great part due to renovating stress/uncertainty/cheaphusband, etc, but a terrible washer is just the kind of PITA I do not need right now.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

Lynnie
i HATE it.

julieakc
06-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Hugs.....we're remodeling our kitchen so I feel your pain with the renovation thing.

On the other hand, we've had our Neptune washer and dryer for a couple of years now and I've never had the problem you're describing...I do small loads all the time. I love my set. Are you using too much detergent? I've read that that can cause an error message. Or perhaps the washer itself isn't level and maybe that's causing the problem?

I hope it gets better for you.

julieakc
Hugs.....we're remodeling our kitchen so I feel your pain with the renovation thing.

On the other hand, we've had our Neptune washer and dryer for a couple of years now and I've never had the problem you're describing...I do small loads all the time. I love my set. Are you using too much detergent? I've read that that can cause an error message. Or perhaps the washer itself isn't level and maybe that's causing the problem?

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

julieakc

Lynnie
06-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks.

I am glad to hear you like yours - it gives me hope. It is in the garage, so maybe its not level, I don't know. I had to rewash everything this morning with more random pillows and towels, and it worked, but it really is a total pain in the neck.

At least it did the load this morning (and I got some sleep....)

Lynnie
Thanks.

I am glad to hear you like yours - it gives me hope. It is in the garage, so maybe its not level, I don't know. I had to rewash everything this morning with more random pillows and towels, and it worked, but it really is a total pain in the neck.

Lynnie
Thanks.

Lynnie
Thanks.

Lynnie
Thanks.

Lynnie
Thanks.

Lynnie
Thanks.

Lynnie
Thanks.

Lynnie
Thanks.

table4three
06-19-2006, 09:00 AM
You know, we just moved into our new house 2 months ago and inherited the Neptune TL that came with the house. I was all psyched about the set until I actually read the reviews and started using it. I really don't like it either. I twists things way too much, often doesn't clean laundry as well as my old conventional top loader did and smells musty from time to time. I've read about the musty smell problem in reviews - the thing doesn't drain every bit of water out, so some stays in there and can get stinky, so I have to do an empty hot water bleach cycle every week or two to clean out the mustiness.

So, yeah, I hear ya. I'm really disappointed in ours too, but with the new house there are way too many things to spend money on right now than to replace the washer. So, we deal with it. :(

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

table4three
You know, we just moved into our new house 2 months ago and inherited the Neptune TL that came with the house. I was all psyched about the set until I actually read the reviews and started using it. I really don't like it either. I twists things way too much, often doesn't clean laundry as well as my old conventional top loader did and smells musty from time to time. I've read about the musty smell problem in reviews - the thing doesn't drain every bit of water out, so some stays in there and can get stinky, so I have to do an empty hot water bleach cycle every week or two to clean out the mustiness.

So, yeah, I hear ya. I'm really disappointed in ours too, but with the new house there are way too many things to spend money on right now than to replace the washer. So, we deal with it. :(

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

Lynnie
06-19-2006, 09:12 AM
i learned that the moldy musty smell goes away significantly if you leave the lid open between uses. mine hasn't been as bad for a while.

i just can't wash anything but a full load ! and i see something fraying and coming out of the top, around the drum. my goal is to break it so we can get a new normal one. but you're right - that is one expense we don't need. especially since its only about a year and a half old.

Lynnie
i learned that the moldy musty smell goes away significantly if you leave the lid open between uses. mine hasn't been as bad for a while.

i just can't wash anything but a full load ! and i see something fraying and coming out of the top, around the drum. my goal is to break it so we can get a new normal one. but you're right - that is one expense we don't need. especially since its only about a year and a half old.

Lynnie

Lynnie

Lynnie

Lynnie

Lynnie

Lynnie

Lynnie