PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAHHHHHHH SHE'S GRINDING HER TEETH

Melanie
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Please oh please make it stop. What can I do? She's 9 months old. Two teeth on the bottom, two on the top and two more that have kept us up at night for 2-3 weeks now. I try to distract her out of it, but OH MY GOODNESS THIS HAS GOT TO STOP I CANNOT STAND THIS SOUND. And, oh yes, it's probably not good for her teeth, either.

Help?

Melanie
Please oh please make it stop. What can I do? She's 9 months old. Two teeth on the bottom, two on the top and two more that have kept us up at night for 2-3 weeks now. I try to distract her out of it, but OH MY GOODNESS THIS HAS GOT TO STOP I CANNOT STAND THIS SOUND. And, oh yes, it's probably not good for her teeth, either.

Help?

Melanie

Help?

Melanie

Help?

Melanie

Help?

Melanie

Help?

Melanie

Help?

Melanie

Help?

Melanie

Help?

californiagirl
06-19-2006, 04:48 PM
What can you do? You can take her out in public and tell as many people as possible that she's grinding her teeth and watch them wince in horror.

Oh, you wanted something that would make her stop? Elixir of time. Just wait. It usually only takes a week or so (until she gets more teeth and there are fun new sensations, of course, but that gets less and less over time).

californiagirl
What can you do? You can take her out in public and tell as many people as possible that she's grinding her teeth and watch them wince in horror.

Oh, you wanted something that would make her stop? Elixir of time. Just wait. It usually only takes a week or so (until she gets more teeth and there are fun new sensations, of course, but that gets less and less over time).

californiagirl

californiagirl

californiagirl

californiagirl

californiagirl

californiagirl

californiagirl

Melanie
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
>What can you do? You can take her out in public and tell as
>many people as possible that she's grinding her teeth and
>watch them wince in horror.

LMAO. Thank you for the chuckle I needed that. grind...grind...grind...(she's on my back in the mei tai). Oh wait, she just pulled out my chokeable pony-tail holder. Grinding has stopped...hmm...

Melanie

LMAO. Thank you for the chuckle I needed that. grind...grind...grind...(she's on my back in the mei tai). Oh wait, she just pulled out my chokeable pony-tail holder. Grinding has stopped...hmm...

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

Melanie

kimbe
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Sing it sister! Misery loves company!

I have a tooth grinder too. She has been doing it since she was 9 months and here we are three months later. At first when we "yelled" at her, she thought that we were laughing at her so she kept doing it.

kimbe

I have a tooth grinder too. She has been doing it since she was 9 months and here we are three months later. At first when we "yelled" at her, she thought that we were laughing at her so she kept doing it.

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

jarrettsmom9705
06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Oh!Oh!Oh! My DS has just started doing this since he got his first top tooth last week. So far its just every once in awhile, but if he's anything like his father it will turn into an all consuming habit that will drive me up the wall! DH picks at his cuticles and pulls out invisible ear hairs (which he insists are there) with a pair of tweezers. God give me strength!!
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Oh!Oh!Oh! My DS has just started doing this since he got his first top tooth last week. So far its just every once in awhile, but if he's anything like his father it will turn into an all consuming habit that will drive me up the wall! DH picks at his cuticles and pulls out invisible ear hairs (which he insists are there) with a pair of tweezers. God give me strength!!
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

EllasMum
06-19-2006, 11:54 PM
My DD does this also! At first I thought she had something hard in her mouth and was chewing on it. I, of course, freaked out and crammed my finger in there searching for the chewed item to be met with a couple of lovely teeth marks in my finger, and no object. It was then that I figured out she was clacking together her top and bottom teeth. Horrible sound! Fingernails on blackboard, anyday!!!

EllasMum
My DD does this also! At first I thought she had something hard in her mouth and was chewing on it. I, of course, freaked out and crammed my finger in there searching for the chewed item to be met with a couple of lovely teeth marks in my finger, and no object. It was then that I figured out she was clacking together her top and bottom teeth. Horrible sound! Fingernails on blackboard, anyday!!!

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

EllasMum

jgriffin
06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Give it time, most likely she'll stop after a week or two. E started grinding his teeth when he had 4 (2 on top and bottom), around 9mo. We gave him lots of hard toys to chew on so he could grind on them instead. By the time he was 10mo he had stopped (thank goodness!)

If she's still grinding them by the time you go to the dentist next, just ask there.

Jen

jgriffin
Give it time, most likely she'll stop after a week or two. E started grinding his teeth when he had 4 (2 on top and bottom), around 9mo. We gave him lots of hard toys to chew on so he could grind on them instead. By the time he was 10mo he had stopped (thank goodness!)

If she's still grinding them by the time you go to the dentist next, just ask there.

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

jgriffin

Jen

maestramommy
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Egad, this seems to be a developmental thing :-). And now the first top tooth in dd's mouth just poked through. She is very oral. Oh joy. I cannot wait.

maestramommy
Egad, this seems to be a developmental thing :-). And now the first top tooth in dd's mouth just poked through. She is very oral. Oh joy. I cannot wait.

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

maestramommy

kozachka
06-21-2006, 02:35 PM
DS did the same thing for a while but I read somewhere that it was completely normal and not damaging to his little teeth so not to worry. I do hear you on the sound, it drove me nuts to, but with my boy the less negative attention I give him for something I want him to stop doing the more likely he is to lose interest in the activity and move on.

kozachka
DS did the same thing for a while but I read somewhere that it was completely normal and not damaging to his little teeth so not to worry. I do hear you on the sound, it drove me nuts to, but with my boy the less negative attention I give him for something I want him to stop doing the more likely he is to lose interest in the activity and move on.

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

noahsmommy
06-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh, I completely know what you're going through. DS did that too! Made me get shivers up the spine, like someone scrapped their fingernails against a chalkboard. Good news is that they will stop! I even asked my dentist what I could do to make DS stop, and he said, nothing. Guess his DC did that too, and that's even more annoying for a dentist to hear!
My sympathies go out to you - and don't worry, her teeth will be fine!

Ann

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogard20040519_-6_Noah+is.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car220np___.png[/img][/url]

noahsmommy
Oh, I completely know what you're going through. DS did that too! Made me get shivers up the spine, like someone scrapped their fingernails against a chalkboard. Good news is that they will stop! I even asked my dentist what I could do to make DS stop, and he said, nothing. Guess his DC did that too, and that's even more annoying for a dentist to hear!

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

noahsmommy

Ann

table4three
06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
It lasted about 2 weeks here and then he just stopped doing it, as though the novelty had worn off. This was just a month or so ago.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

table4three
It lasted about 2 weeks here and then he just stopped doing it, as though the novelty had worn off. This was just a month or so ago.

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

linsei
06-21-2006, 10:22 PM
I agree with Elena. *Try* to ignore it. If she gets a reaction from you, she will probably continue. My ds did it too, and he would get a kick out of our reation. When we ignored the grinding, he eventually stopped.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

linsei
I agree with Elena. *Try* to ignore it. If she gets a reaction from you, she will probably continue. My ds did it too, and he would get a kick out of our reation. When we ignored the grinding, he eventually stopped.

Linda

linsei

Linda

linsei

Linda

linsei

Linda

linsei

Linda

linsei

Linda

linsei

Linda

linsei

Linda