PDA

View Full Version : Regretting my vaginal birth

Pages : [1] 2

Radosti
06-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I was always under the impression that vaginal birth is much better than a c-section. I know the recovery for a c-section is harder in the beginning and stuff like that. However, Aaron was 9 lbs 12 oz. My water broke at midnight and they ended up inducing me after waiting for a while. I needed a whole lot of pitocin to get me going. By 8pm, my doctor wanted to do a c-section and I had been pushing for hours and hours. They turned off my epidural to make me push better. Never mind that he was almost 10 lbs and he wasn't coming out. I was so tired, but it angered me that they let me go that long and then told me that I needed a c-section. That gave me the energy to push harder, but I got an episiotomy, tore in three places, Aaron got vacuumed. I couldn't walk for a while. I had internal hemmorhoids and bled profusely every time I went to the bathroom for months. And now, a new development, I am losing bladder control. So, now (6.5 months after giving birth), I need to go get my bladder scoped and do a bladder dynamics study.

All this makes me think that a c-section might have been a better choice in hind-sight. Nothing I can do about it now. I just hate feeling like an old lady with bladder issues...

Radosti
I was always under the impression that vaginal birth is much better than a c-section. I know the recovery for a c-section is harder in the beginning and stuff like that. However, Aaron was 9 lbs 12 oz. My water broke at midnight and they ended up inducing me after waiting for a while. I needed a whole lot of pitocin to get me going. By 8pm, my doctor wanted to do a c-section and I had been pushing for hours and hours. They turned off my epidural to make me push better. Never mind that he was almost 10 lbs and he wasn't coming out. I was so tired, but it angered me that they let me go that long and then told me that I needed a c-section. That gave me the energy to push harder, but I got an episiotomy, tore in three places, Aaron got vacuumed. I couldn't walk for a while. I had internal hemmorhoids and bled profusely every time I went to the bathroom for months. And now, a new development, I am losing bladder control. So, now (6.5 months after giving birth), I need to go get my bladder scoped and do a bladder dynamics study.

All this makes me think that a c-section might have been a better choice in hind-sight. Nothing I can do about it now. I just hate feeling like an old lady with bladder issues...

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

kimbe
06-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Hugs Mama! I am sorry that you have to go through this! Hang in there. My thoughts are with you!

kimbe
Hugs Mama! I am sorry that you have to go through this! Hang in there. My thoughts are with you!

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

kimbe

jennifer13
06-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Bladder problems suck and make you feel awful. (been there!) I've had both a c/s and vaginal birth, and frankly both were really grueling, excruitiating, and frightening, and I would never repeat either! And the pain after the tearing lasted many, many months. But a lot of effects after the c/s section lasted just as long, including bladder problems, and pain.

All this is to say that there are no easy answers, no way of knowing which would have been better. You birthed a healthy baby, so something must have been right. And it DOES get better over time, it really takes a year for the body to get somewhat back to normal. Hang in there and take care of yourself, and try not to second-guess things, you'll make yourself crazy.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Bladder problems suck and make you feel awful. (been there!) I've had both a c/s and vaginal birth, and frankly both were really grueling, excruitiating, and frightening, and I would never repeat either! And the pain after the tearing lasted many, many months. But a lot of effects after the c/s section lasted just as long, including bladder problems, and pain.

All this is to say that there are no easy answers, no way of knowing which would have been better. You birthed a healthy baby, so something must have been right. And it DOES get better over time, it really takes a year for the body to get somewhat back to normal. Hang in there and take care of yourself, and try not to second-guess things, you'll make yourself crazy.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jasabo
06-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow, you've had a really rough time. I'm so sorry when I hear stories like yours b/c I can't even imagine how much harder it makes the whole process of becoming a mom. Not only do you have to deal with the stress of having a newborn, but you also have to deal with all that pain and the other issues for such a long time.

I was an L&D nurse before I had my twins and, as I'm sure you know, there can be problems with vaginal deliveries as well as c-sections. You can never know ahead of time how your delivery will go, no matter which method you have. I can imagine how easy it is to second-guess your decision to have a vaginal birth, but please try to remember that you could have had problems if you'd chosen to have a c-section too.

Related to vaginal tearing - I watched an episode of "Dr. 90210" on the E Channel the other night and they had a woman who was having her labia repaired. Like you, she had a really hard birth and ended up tearing very badly in four places. It sounded terribly painful. Her baby was almost a year old and she wasn't able to have sex anymore b/c it was so painful for her, and she also had other pain issues. The plastic surgery was very successful and she was extremely happy 6 weeks post op. They've profiled a few labia repairs on that show, so I guess it's becoming much more commonplace. Not that you asked, but if the tears are still an issue for you, you might consider seeing a good plastic surgeon. It's even possible that your insurance might cover the repair if it's medically necessary.

Big hugs to you.

jasabo
Wow, you've had a really rough time. I'm so sorry when I hear stories like yours b/c I can't even imagine how much harder it makes the whole process of becoming a mom. Not only do you have to deal with the stress of having a newborn, but you also have to deal with all that pain and the other issues for such a long time.

I was an L&D nurse before I had my twins and, as I'm sure you know, there can be problems with vaginal deliveries as well as c-sections. You can never know ahead of time how your delivery will go, no matter which method you have. I can imagine how easy it is to second-guess your decision to have a vaginal birth, but please try to remember that you could have had problems if you'd chosen to have a c-section too.

Related to vaginal tearing - I watched an episode of "Dr. 90210" on the E Channel the other night and they had a woman who was having her labia repaired. Like you, she had a really hard birth and ended up tearing very badly in four places. It sounded terribly painful. Her baby was almost a year old and she wasn't able to have sex anymore b/c it was so painful for her, and she also had other pain issues. The plastic surgery was very successful and she was extremely happy 6 weeks post op. They've profiled a few labia repairs on that show, so I guess it's becoming much more commonplace. Not that you asked, but if the tears are still an issue for you, you might consider seeing a good plastic surgeon. It's even possible that your insurance might cover the repair if it's medically necessary.

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

jasabo

Big hugs to you.

shilo
06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
while i wouldn't say i 'regret' my vaginal birth, i will offer you a ton of empathy from another BTDT mom. i don't think i was really prepared for the magnitude of the hurdles i would face post vaginal delivery, as everything i'd read was always about how recovery after a vaginal delivery is easier/faster/etc., and even more-so if you're EBF. in fact, i was still having more trouble when i went to visit my best friend at 7 weeks PP who had a planned C-section (11lb tranverse breech - yikes!!) her first day home from the hospital. sam was not nearly as big as your aaron wt. wise (just under 8lbs) but his head was 97% for the first two months of his life and had measured about 2-4weeks bigger than the rest of him pretty much my whole pregnancy. i pushed for 3 1/2 hours with the epidural turned off for the last hour of that. from about 30 minutes into it i'd moved the top part of his head down to +2 station, they called in my ob and they kept telling me what a good pusher i was, and that he should come with the next push - yeah, right. well, in retrospect my ob explained that the top part of his head was a +2, but the rest took the next 3 hours of continuous pushing to 'mold' and make its way out. my ob was great and stayed with me for the rest of that 3 hours, even though her partner took over call a half hour later. she did a ton of perenial massage the whole time, but i did still wind up with 2 major tears and 1 minor tear just from the size of his head. she was still stiching me up 45 minutes later when they came the first time to try and move me to maternity :p.

to make a long story short and way way TMI - sorry, i was still having trouble with stinging with urination at 14ish weeks PP and wasn't given the all clear to stop bi-weekly checks with my ob/np until 16 weeks PP. it's just now at a year PP that i can _really_ say that i don't feel it anymore with 'activity'. my bladder control has been ok since about 8 weeks with everything but the strongest sneezes - but they had me doing _a friggin ton_ of kegel's to help with circulation/healing of the tears, so that probably helped in my case, but of course more serious problems need a lot more than just some kegels.

anyway, like i said, i totally empathize. i don't think i'd change anything, b/c afterall, i got a healthy child as the outcome - but you better believe i'll be strategizing with my ob next time around to try and avoid as much of a repeat as is humanly possible!!!

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

shilo
while i wouldn't say i 'regret' my vaginal birth, i will offer you a ton of empathy from another BTDT mom. i don't think i was really prepared for the magnitude of the hurdles i would face post vaginal delivery, as everything i'd read was always about how recovery after a vaginal delivery is easier/faster/etc., and even more-so if you're EBF. in fact, i was still having more trouble when i went to visit my best friend at 7 weeks PP who had a planned C-section (11lb tranverse breech - yikes!!) her first day home from the hospital. sam was not nearly as big as your aaron wt. wise (just under 8lbs) but his head was 97% for the first two months of his life and had measured about 2-4weeks bigger than the rest of him pretty much my whole pregnancy. i pushed for 3 1/2 hours with the epidural turned off for the last hour of that. from about 30 minutes into it i'd moved the top part of his head down to +2 station, they called in my ob and they kept telling me what a good pusher i was, and that he should come with the next push - yeah, right. well, in retrospect my ob explained that the top part of his head was a +2, but the rest took the next 3 hours of continuous pushing to 'mold' and make its way out. my ob was great and stayed with me for the rest of that 3 hours, even though her partner took over call a half hour later. she did a ton of perenial massage the whole time, but i did still wind up with 2 major tears and 1 minor tear just from the size of his head. she was still stiching me up 45 minutes later when they came the first time to try and move me to maternity :p.

to make a long story short and way way TMI - sorry, i was still having trouble with stinging with urination at 14ish weeks PP and wasn't given the all clear to stop bi-weekly checks with my ob/np until 16 weeks PP. it's just now at a year PP that i can _really_ say that i don't feel it anymore with 'activity'. my bladder control has been ok since about 8 weeks with everything but the strongest sneezes - but they had me doing _a friggin ton_ of kegel's to help with circulation/healing of the tears, so that probably helped in my case, but of course more serious problems need a lot more than just some kegels.

anyway, like i said, i totally empathize. i don't think i'd change anything, b/c afterall, i got a healthy child as the outcome - but you better believe i'll be strategizing with my ob next time around to try and avoid as much of a repeat as is humanly possible!!!

lori

shilo

lori

shilo

lori

shilo

lori

shilo

lori

shilo

lori

shilo

lori

shilo

lori

Momof3Labs
06-19-2006, 10:04 PM
The bladder problems could be related to breastfeeding, rather than his birth. My CNM told me a story about a patient who had some awful bladder problems after her birth, but the urogynecologist wouldn't touch her until she had weaned. Voila, once she weaned, the bladder problems resolved. Apparently the estrogen deficiency "down there" can affect the bladder too!

About your birth, all I can say is that they are all different. Most OBs don't give a hoot what position baby is in as long as the head is down, but I can tell you from experience that it is MUCH MUCH easier to push out a baby that is anterior than a baby that is posterior, no matter what size that baby is! My second vaginal birth (baby was anterior, a little bigger than baby #1) was drug-free and sooooo much easier than the first, it was unbelievable. Then I found out that I had separated my pelvis during #2's birth. But you know what? I wouldn't trade either difficult vaginal birth for a c-section (in my situation - not bashing c-sections in general) and everything physical that goes along with it.

Momof3Labs
The bladder problems could be related to breastfeeding, rather than his birth. My CNM told me a story about a patient who had some awful bladder problems after her birth, but the urogynecologist wouldn't touch her until she had weaned. Voila, once she weaned, the bladder problems resolved. Apparently the estrogen deficiency "down there" can affect the bladder too!

About your birth, all I can say is that they are all different. Most OBs don't give a hoot what position baby is in as long as the head is down, but I can tell you from experience that it is MUCH MUCH easier to push out a baby that is anterior than a baby that is posterior, no matter what size that baby is! My second vaginal birth (baby was anterior, a little bigger than baby #1) was drug-free and sooooo much easier than the first, it was unbelievable. Then I found out that I had separated my pelvis during #2's birth. But you know what? I wouldn't trade either difficult vaginal birth for a c-section (in my situation - not bashing c-sections in general) and everything physical that goes along with it.

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

hez
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Lots and lots of hugs. The grass is always greener, especially when you have complications. I'm sorry you have even more to recover from.

hez
Lots and lots of hugs. The grass is always greener, especially when you have complications. I'm sorry you have even more to recover from.

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

hez

lilycat88
06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I can't speak to the vaginal birth because I had a planned, medically necessary c-section. A vaginal birth was never a possibility. After my c-section, I developed some scar tissue that caused considerable pain. My OB referred me to a program at the hospital where I delivered that is entirely dedicated to "women's" physical therapy. She basically did a lot of deep tissue massage on the scar to break up the tissue and we had a lot of time to chat while she did this. She told me that vaginal births can cause tons of problems especially with a large baby but that there are so many things that could be done now to help with those problems. There is no reason to suffer needlessly. She said that women who tear often end up with scar tissue internally that can cause all sorts of problems. She would use an internal massage technique similar to what she was using on my c-section scar to break it up. So, don't despair, I'm sure they will figure out what is going on and you'll feel better soon.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

lilycat88
I can't speak to the vaginal birth because I had a planned, medically necessary c-section. A vaginal birth was never a possibility. After my c-section, I developed some scar tissue that caused considerable pain. My OB referred me to a program at the hospital where I delivered that is entirely dedicated to "women's" physical therapy. She basically did a lot of deep tissue massage on the scar to break up the tissue and we had a lot of time to chat while she did this. She told me that vaginal births can cause tons of problems especially with a large baby but that there are so many things that could be done now to help with those problems. There is no reason to suffer needlessly. She said that women who tear often end up with scar tissue internally that can cause all sorts of problems. She would use an internal massage technique similar to what she was using on my c-section scar to break it up. So, don't despair, I'm sure they will figure out what is going on and you'll feel better soon.

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

lilycat88

Jamelin

mamato1
06-19-2006, 10:42 PM
I did not have any of the birth problems you experienced. But, I am no stranger to bladder issues. Feel free to email me if you would like more info about being scoped or the dynamics study. I've BTDT.
Chris

Mama to Brendan (aka Boomer) 01/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

mamato1
I did not have any of the birth problems you experienced. But, I am no stranger to bladder issues. Feel free to email me if you would like more info about being scoped or the dynamics study. I've BTDT.
Chris

mamato1
Chris

mamato1
Chris

mamato1
Chris

mamato1
Chris

mamato1
Chris

mamato1
Chris

mamato1
Chris

DebbieJ
06-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Have you been doing kegels?

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

DebbieJ

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

randomkid
06-19-2006, 11:53 PM
I would recommend looking into a Women's Medicine program in your area. I am a physical therapist and women's medicine is a specialty in our field. They can help with multiple issues related to pregnancy and childbirth. I just referred a friend to a specialist in our area because she has been having back pain since her c-section. She had tried several approaches, but none had helped her. She is now feeling better since the PT identified her real problems - lack of mobility in her spine and her abdominal muscles separated during her pregnancy. Nobody else had been able to help her. These therapists are trained to deal with the problems caused by pregnancy and childbirth, but they also treat incontinence, pelvic pain, etc. If you want more info, you can e-mail me or reply here. I am sure there is a way to locate a specialist in your area and I can find out how to do this if you are interested.

HTH and good luck - hugs to you.

randomkid
I would recommend looking into a Women's Medicine program in your area. I am a physical therapist and women's medicine is a specialty in our field. They can help with multiple issues related to pregnancy and childbirth. I just referred a friend to a specialist in our area because she has been having back pain since her c-section. She had tried several approaches, but none had helped her. She is now feeling better since the PT identified her real problems - lack of mobility in her spine and her abdominal muscles separated during her pregnancy. Nobody else had been able to help her. These therapists are trained to deal with the problems caused by pregnancy and childbirth, but they also treat incontinence, pelvic pain, etc. If you want more info, you can e-mail me or reply here. I am sure there is a way to locate a specialist in your area and I can find out how to do this if you are interested.

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

kijip
06-20-2006, 01:29 AM
>Lots and lots of hugs. The grass is always greener,
>especially when you have complications. I'm sorry you have
>even more to recover from.

That is very true. I am sure many women with a hard c-section recovery feel that they wish it had been a vaginal birth. I had a very easy c-section recovery all things considered and I count myself very lucky to not have many second guesses about the c-section.

To the OP, see a doctor ASAP and start up with kegels. You may want ot consider a kegel exercise bar. This actually helped my mother over 20 years after her breech delivery tearing to reduce her incontinence (unusually damaging delivery with a full breech presentation). She only wishes she had bought one sooner.

kijip

That is very true. I am sure many women with a hard c-section recovery feel that they wish it had been a vaginal birth. I had a very easy c-section recovery all things considered and I count myself very lucky to not have many second guesses about the c-section.

To the OP, see a doctor ASAP and start up with kegels. You may want ot consider a kegel exercise bar. This actually helped my mother over 20 years after her breech delivery tearing to reduce her incontinence (unusually damaging delivery with a full breech presentation). She only wishes she had bought one sooner.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

Globetrotter
06-20-2006, 05:00 AM
You have every right to be disappointed in the way things turned out. Just because vaginal birth is supposed to have an easier recovery, doesn't mean that's always the case! You might have had problems with a c/s, too, however. There's no way of knowing. I hope you're able to resolve your bladder problems soon.

Kris

Globetrotter
You have every right to be disappointed in the way things turned out. Just because vaginal birth is supposed to have an easier recovery, doesn't mean that's always the case! You might have had problems with a c/s, too, however. There's no way of knowing. I hope you're able to resolve your bladder problems soon.

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

Globetrotter

Kris

pampamz
06-20-2006, 07:35 AM
I hear you -- I had what the nurses lovingly called a vaginal c-section (ouch!!!). High forceps, lots of stitches, 2 episiotomies and major recovery. It took me almost 2 years to get the nerve up to have another DC.

But, of course it is worth it. If it is any consolation, my 2nd birth was AMAZING and really, a piece of cake. DC#1 certainly *paved* the way for an easy 2nd birth, IYKWIM!

Hang in there -- it is really fresh in your memory and I know bladder problems are no fun.

pampamz
I hear you -- I had what the nurses lovingly called a vaginal c-section (ouch!!!). High forceps, lots of stitches, 2 episiotomies and major recovery. It took me almost 2 years to get the nerve up to have another DC.

But, of course it is worth it. If it is any consolation, my 2nd birth was AMAZING and really, a piece of cake. DC#1 certainly *paved* the way for an easy 2nd birth, IYKWIM!

Hang in there -- it is really fresh in your memory and I know bladder problems are no fun.

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

pampamz

karolyp
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I also just wanted to send some Big Hugs to you. I'm so sorry to hear of this latest complication and I hope you get some answers from the study. Please take care!

karolyp
I also just wanted to send some Big Hugs to you. I'm so sorry to hear of this latest complication and I hope you get some answers from the study. Please take care!

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

karolyp

jennabear
06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Sorry you feel this way. Hugs to you. I know what it's like to push out an almost 10 pounder!

jennabear
Sorry you feel this way. Hugs to you. I know what it's like to push out an almost 10 pounder!

jennabear

jennabear

jennabear

jennabear

jennabear

jennabear

jennabear

brittone2
06-20-2006, 02:37 PM
I was going to suggest considering a physical therapist that specializes in women's health issues as well.

THey can do biofeedback, work with you with vaginal "weights", kegels, scar tissue, etc. (this varies slightly depending on scope of practice from state to state) and that can really be helpful for bladder issues.

There are lots of women that have C-S that have pain with intercourse or vaginal discomfort (some hormonally triggered) for a long time after birth as well.

I hope you can find some solutions that help. HUGS.

brittone2
I was going to suggest considering a physical therapist that specializes in women's health issues as well.

THey can do biofeedback, work with you with vaginal "weights", kegels, scar tissue, etc. (this varies slightly depending on scope of practice from state to state) and that can really be helpful for bladder issues.

There are lots of women that have C-S that have pain with intercourse or vaginal discomfort (some hormonally triggered) for a long time after birth as well.

brittone2

brittone2

brittone2

brittone2

brittone2

brittone2

brittone2

Radosti
06-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I was feeling particularly low that day. I have the bladder dynamics study on July 5th and the scope on July 10th. We'll see if they find anything (in addition to bladder control issues, there is blood in my urine). If they don't, I will look into physical therapy. The thing that confounded my urologist and doctor was that the bladder issues started 3 months after the baby was born. I had no problems until then in the bladder department. It seems that just as my rectal bleeding resolved, the bladder issues started.

It could just be the Bf'ing and lack of hormones... who knows. My ob gave me a topical hormone cream for down there to help with intercourse, but I haven't used it yet because I dont want extra stuff in my system during BF'ing.

Thank you for all your kind replies and advice. I do have a happy, healthy DS. I am very grateful for that.

Radosti
Thanks everyone. I think I was feeling particularly low that day. I have the bladder dynamics study on July 5th and the scope on July 10th. We'll see if they find anything (in addition to bladder control issues, there is blood in my urine). If they don't, I will look into physical therapy. The thing that confounded my urologist and doctor was that the bladder issues started 3 months after the baby was born. I had no problems until then in the bladder department. It seems that just as my rectal bleeding resolved, the bladder issues started.

It could just be the Bf'ing and lack of hormones... who knows. My ob gave me a topical hormone cream for down there to help with intercourse, but I haven't used it yet because I dont want extra stuff in my system during BF'ing.

Thank you for all your kind replies and advice. I do have a happy, healthy DS. I am very grateful for that.

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

Radosti

denna
06-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Im sorry that you had such a tough vaginal delivery. I dont think any of the birthing methods are 'a walk in the park' but I know some have harder experiences than others.
I havent had a c-section so I cant offer any sentiments on that point, just wanted to offer you some (HUGS) for such a tough time that wont seem to end.

I really hope your body is able to fully recuperate from this ordeal....good luck

denna
Im sorry that you had such a tough vaginal delivery. I dont think any of the birthing methods are 'a walk in the park' but I know some have harder experiences than others.
I havent had a c-section so I cant offer any sentiments on that point, just wanted to offer you some (HUGS) for such a tough time that wont seem to end.

I really hope your body is able to fully recuperate from this ordeal....good luck

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna
<DELETED> COMP FROZE I GUESS..

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

denna
SAME

anamika
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

anamika
deleted

kozachka
06-21-2006, 02:27 PM
No BTDT experience or advice, just wanted to send you a huge cyber (((HUG))). I hope you can get the help you need to feel good again. Not to scare you, but it took me just over 2 years to feel like the real me again. Actually, I feel like a better more confident, mature version of me :). Hope your journey is much faster than mine.

kozachka
No BTDT experience or advice, just wanted to send you a huge cyber (((HUG))). I hope you can get the help you need to feel good again. Not to scare you, but it took me just over 2 years to feel like the real me again. Actually, I feel like a better more confident, mature version of me :). Hope your journey is much faster than mine.

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

kozachka

ColorBlue
06-21-2006, 02:50 PM
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

ColorBlue
D

randomkid
06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
I'll have my DH talk to the women's medicine therapist at work to see if there is a network or list that we can use to locate someone in your area. I also know one and can contact her if DH doesn't get the info we need.

There is really so much more than Kegel's! That's a huge problem with our field. Many physicians are just not aware of the problems we can treat.

randomkid
I'll have my DH talk to the women's medicine therapist at work to see if there is a network or list that we can use to locate someone in your area. I also know one and can contact her if DH doesn't get the info we need.

There is really so much more than Kegel's! That's a huge problem with our field. Many physicians are just not aware of the problems we can treat.

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid

randomkid
06-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi:

I did a search of my own and found that Spaulding Rehab Hospital has a program - looks pretty comprehensive.

Here's their website info.

http://spauldingrehab.org/body.cfm?id=296

If they are near you (looks like there is a location in Boston and one in Cambridge), just call them to find out if they take your insurance and what you need to do to get an appointment. Most states/insurance companies require a prescription from a physician (even though we legally don't need it!). If they do need a prescription, ask them if it needs to state something specifically so you can tell your doctor what to write. Be persistent and let the MD know that you really want to try this. Sometime physicians don't believe in what we do or they are just not educated and they think it won't help. You just do what you need to do for yourself and give it a try. It's better than not trying at all and I'm sure they will be able to help you, at least to some degree.

If they don't take your insurance, ask if they know of any other programs in the area.

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

I did a search of my own and found that Spaulding Rehab Hospital has a program - looks pretty comprehensive.

If they are near you (looks like there is a location in Boston and one in Cambridge), just call them to find out if they take your insurance and what you need to do to get an appointment. Most states/insurance companies require a prescription from a physician (even though we legally don't need it!). If they do need a prescription, ask them if it needs to state something specifically so you can tell your doctor what to write. Be persistent and let the MD know that you really want to try this. Sometime physicians don't believe in what we do or they are just not educated and they think it won't help. You just do what you need to do for yourself and give it a try. It's better than not trying at all and I'm sure they will be able to help you, at least to some degree.

If they don't take your insurance, ask if they know of any other programs in the area.

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

randomkid
Hi:

HTH,

pb&j
06-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Hugs. I hope you're feeling like yourself again soon.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32812.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

pb&j

-Ry,
and Max, 01/05/06

anamika
06-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks both of you. Kim, I would really appreciate any info you have. Can I PM you?
I will delete my post too since I really paranoid about having any private info out there. I'm assuming that's why colorblue deleted her post??
Thanks again,

anamika
Thanks both of you. Kim, I would really appreciate any info you have. Can I PM you?
I will delete my post too since I really paranoid about having any private info out there. I'm assuming that's why colorblue deleted her post??
Thanks again,

anamika
Thanks again,

anamika
Thanks again,

anamika
Thanks again,

anamika
Thanks again,

anamika
Thanks again,