PDA

View Full Version : Stupid horn honkers outside our house!

tiapam
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
The baby is sleeping! You are lazy! Get out of the car if you are looking for someone!

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam
The baby is sleeping! You are lazy! Get out of the car if you are looking for someone!

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

tiapam

-Pam

DD - One year old!

table4three
06-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I completely agree!!! We just moved but at our old house, the kids across the street got picked up every morning at 7am for school or whatever and the person would sit in the street and honk EVERY MORNING. This was particularly annoying last year when DS was born and would nurse at 5am then sleep (if I was lucky) till 8am or so. ARGH!!! They woke him up more than once.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

table4three
I completely agree!!! We just moved but at our old house, the kids across the street got picked up every morning at 7am for school or whatever and the person would sit in the street and honk EVERY MORNING. This was particularly annoying last year when DS was born and would nurse at 5am then sleep (if I was lucky) till 8am or so. ARGH!!! They woke him up more than once.

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

table4three

jillc
06-22-2006, 06:08 PM
This drives me nuts, too.

When DD was a newborn, we had door-to-door solicitors all the time for some reason. Every time someone rang the doorbell, I would be filled with rage. Jerks! Go away!

jillc

When DD was a newborn, we had door-to-door solicitors all the time for some reason. Every time someone rang the doorbell, I would be filled with rage. Jerks! Go away!

jillc

jillc

jillc

jillc

jillc

jillc

jillc

FiveLittleDucks
06-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh my gosh, I know!! We live in a brand new subdivision, and there are a ton of construction vehicles around. They honk at each other ALL the time and it drives me nuts. It's almost as annoying as the "roach coach" that drives around honking like they have the only food in the world...ugh.

Sorry for the hijack. I feel your pain.

FiveLittleDucks
Oh my gosh, I know!! We live in a brand new subdivision, and there are a ton of construction vehicles around. They honk at each other ALL the time and it drives me nuts. It's almost as annoying as the "roach coach" that drives around honking like they have the only food in the world...ugh.

FiveLittleDucks

FiveLittleDucks

FiveLittleDucks

FiveLittleDucks

FiveLittleDucks

FiveLittleDucks

FiveLittleDucks

alexsmommy
06-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Old house
bus = 7:20 am honking (more if child didn't come out right away)
teenager's boyfriend = 7:30am (more if she wasn't ready)
awake baby = 7:35am
He could settle back down after the first one, but the second one was it.
New house = Alex in back room.

Now, if we have another one the nursery would be in the front of the house again, but now we have central air so the window won't be open as often.
I already told DSD that when her friends get old enough to drive I expect her to be on our porch waiting and/or tell them not to honk. I just can't do that to another parent. I also told her not to honk, that she never knows when someone has a baby, someone elderly who sleeps in or goes to bed early or is ill. It's so rude.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Now, if we have another one the nursery would be in the front of the house again, but now we have central air so the window won't be open as often.
I already told DSD that when her friends get old enough to drive I expect her to be on our porch waiting and/or tell them not to honk. I just can't do that to another parent. I also told her not to honk, that she never knows when someone has a baby, someone elderly who sleeps in or goes to bed early or is ill. It's so rude.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

alexsmommy
Old house

Alaina
Alex Feb '03

farsk
06-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Ugg!

I live in a college town and live near campus. When school is in session I hear the "thud-thud-thudy thud" from their damn car stereos at midnight!

:O

Does that make me sound old?

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

I live in a college town and live near campus. When school is in session I hear the "thud-thud-thudy thud" from their damn car stereos at midnight!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

farsk
Ugg!

hahahahaha!

tarynsmum
06-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Oooo, I know what you mean! For whatever reason, the people in the house next to ours (whose driveway is right next to DD's window) feel the need to beep their horn EVERY time they leave the house or come home. And I mean every time. Example: husband goes to work. Walks out of the house (where I asume wife is), gets in car, and HONKS THE HORN! argh! I have no idea why, and it drives me NUTS.

tarynsmum
Oooo, I know what you mean! For whatever reason, the people in the house next to ours (whose driveway is right next to DD's window) feel the need to beep their horn EVERY time they leave the house or come home. And I mean every time. Example: husband goes to work. Walks out of the house (where I asume wife is), gets in car, and HONKS THE HORN! argh! I have no idea why, and it drives me NUTS.

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

katerinasmom
06-23-2006, 06:51 AM
Ooh this post is getting me all fired up.
The house immediately next to DD's room is filled with "teenagers" who should have jobs but don't seem to have anything better to do and who are too old to still be "hanging out" on the stoop till all hours of the night reving up their motorcycles, drinking and smoking. Thank goodness we have central air now (just recently installed) because between the noise and the fumes, there is no way I can leave DD's windows open.
Then two houses down from us, someone gets picked up by a friend or coworker everyday at 6AM who bleeps his siren everytime. Quite annoying on the weekends when we are all trying to catch a few extra zzz's.

katerinasmom
The house immediately next to DD's room is filled with "teenagers" who should have jobs but don't seem to have anything better to do and who are too old to still be "hanging out" on the stoop till all hours of the night reving up their motorcycles, drinking and smoking. Thank goodness we have central air now (just recently installed) because between the noise and the fumes, there is no way I can leave DD's windows open.
Then two houses down from us, someone gets picked up by a friend or coworker everyday at 6AM who bleeps his siren everytime. Quite annoying on the weekends when we are all trying to catch a few extra zzz's.

katerinasmom

katerinasmom

katerinasmom

katerinasmom

katerinasmom

katerinasmom

katerinasmom

Moneypenny
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes!! We live across from an elementary school and parents drop off their kids to play on the playground and come back like 4 hours later and honk for the kids to come. And honk and honk and honk. Sheesh!

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

Moneypenny
Yes!! We live across from an elementary school and parents drop off their kids to play on the playground and come back like 4 hours later and honk for the kids to come. And honk and honk and honk. Sheesh!

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

Moneypenny

Susan

alleyoop
06-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Could it be the lock on his car door? Not that it isn't rude, I know... but a possible explaination. Our car beeps when you lock it with the fob, not when you open it though.

alleyoop
Could it be the lock on his car door? Not that it isn't rude, I know... but a possible explaination. Our car beeps when you lock it with the fob, not when you open it though.

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

tarynsmum
06-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I doubt it, since his car is an old van circa 1990(ish). I also noticed that he waits a second after he beeps, so I think she's waving to him or something? I've noticed him do it a couple times in a row, like he's waiting for a reply or something (I'll give him a reply!)

tarynsmum
I doubt it, since his car is an old van circa 1990(ish). I also noticed that he waits a second after he beeps, so I think she's waving to him or something? I've noticed him do it a couple times in a row, like he's waiting for a reply or something (I'll give him a reply!)

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

tarynsmum

alleyoop
06-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah, that is annoying! I feel for you. That would totally get to me.

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

beckyr88
06-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Pam, I'm so with you on the horn-as-doorbell nuisance. I'll add: ice cream truck coming by at 11:00PM!! Aargh. Who is buying ice cream from a truck that late??? Wakes up Stella every time.

beckyr88
Pam, I'm so with you on the horn-as-doorbell nuisance. I'll add: ice cream truck coming by at 11:00PM!! Aargh. Who is buying ice cream from a truck that late??? Wakes up Stella every time.

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88

beckyr88