PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Donation.

alleyoop
06-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I am so angry with myself right now. We have this group in Texas called the Texas Paralyzed Veterans who come by once a month or so and pick up bags of cloths and things for charity. I actually had two bags of cloths to put out this month, so I signed up for them to pick them up.

As directed I labeled each bag with the TPV and put them out on our front step, leaning them against the Little Tykes picnic table that we use every day in the front yard (we play in the front yard a lot). When I went out there at noon, the bags were gone, and so was the TABLE! Then I look at the receipt, and it says that they collect furniture and house wares, too. AGH!! I didn't know they collected anything other than cloths (as that is what they say when they call, it is on their trucks, on the caller ID on the phone) AND I didn't label the table like they say... and they still took it. I know, I know, it is entirely my fault, but UGH!

I called them and the woman said that it had ALREADY SOLD! In a mere 3 hours time it got back to the collection location, sorted, priced, stocked and SOLD. Well, of course, it was in great shape. We use that table every day... I am so bummed. I guess the only good news is that I get to write it off. BLAH! Talk about mommy brain!

alleyoop
I am so angry with myself right now. We have this group in Texas called the Texas Paralyzed Veterans who come by once a month or so and pick up bags of cloths and things for charity. I actually had two bags of cloths to put out this month, so I signed up for them to pick them up.

As directed I labeled each bag with the TPV and put them out on our front step, leaning them against the Little Tykes picnic table that we use every day in the front yard (we play in the front yard a lot). When I went out there at noon, the bags were gone, and so was the TABLE! Then I look at the receipt, and it says that they collect furniture and house wares, too. AGH!! I didn't know they collected anything other than cloths (as that is what they say when they call, it is on their trucks, on the caller ID on the phone) AND I didn't label the table like they say... and they still took it. I know, I know, it is entirely my fault, but UGH!

I called them and the woman said that it had ALREADY SOLD! In a mere 3 hours time it got back to the collection location, sorted, priced, stocked and SOLD. Well, of course, it was in great shape. We use that table every day... I am so bummed. I guess the only good news is that I get to write it off. BLAH! Talk about mommy brain!

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

alleyoop

jillc
06-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Oh, Heather, that totally sucks! I can imagine how heartbroken you must feel. I am so sorry this happened to you.

A couple of months ago, I was 5 min too late to a garage sale down our block, where they sold their huge playhouse to someone else for $20. I cried. I so wanted to have the playhouse for DD - she would have loved it. Totally different, but I guess I'm trying to say that I feel your pain.

Hope your day gets better.
Jill

jillc
Oh, Heather, that totally sucks! I can imagine how heartbroken you must feel. I am so sorry this happened to you.

A couple of months ago, I was 5 min too late to a garage sale down our block, where they sold their huge playhouse to someone else for $20. I cried. I so wanted to have the playhouse for DD - she would have loved it. Totally different, but I guess I'm trying to say that I feel your pain.

Jill

jillc

Jill

jillc

Jill

jillc

Jill

jillc

Jill

jillc

Jill

jillc

Jill

jillc

Jill

Momof3Labs
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

I'm not surprised that it sold - those places actually sell stuff by the truckful to thrift stores and such. The trucks back right up after they do their neighborhood rounds. They make you think that they sell it in their own store, but alas that is not true! They sell it to someone else to sell in their store!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

I'm not surprised that it sold - those places actually sell stuff by the truckful to thrift stores and such. The trucks back right up after they do their neighborhood rounds. They make you think that they sell it in their own store, but alas that is not true! They sell it to someone else to sell in their store!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

Momof3Labs
Oh no!!! That's no fair!

kijip
06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I would call again and talk to a manager. Those outfits sell to places like Value Village. I really doubt that it is sold or even unloaded after 3 hours.

kijip
I would call again and talk to a manager. Those outfits sell to places like Value Village. I really doubt that it is sold or even unloaded after 3 hours.

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

Toba
06-23-2006, 09:40 AM
I'd also mention that the item was NOT marked, as is their policy. I'd be furious. Yeah, it's great to donate to charity, but you did so according to their directions and they took something additional. What, if it was laying up against your adult patio furniture, would they have taken that too? Sorry, I'm just cranky today.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Toba
I'd also mention that the item was NOT marked, as is their policy. I'd be furious. Yeah, it's great to donate to charity, but you did so according to their directions and they took something additional. What, if it was laying up against your adult patio furniture, would they have taken that too? Sorry, I'm just cranky today.

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*

Toba

~Kimberly Anne~
*the light of my life*