PDA

View Full Version : *Trying* to watch House right now.

punkrockmama
06-23-2006, 10:37 PM
But I just can't stomach it.

Anyone else that can't bear to watch any sick, dying, hurt, abused, murdered baby/child episodes since becomming a parent?

They were never my favorite ones, but I could watch it for the interesting story it was. Now, it just hurts my heart too much to even watch.

That means I miss about half of Law & Order SVU, and had to completely avoid the epi of Rescue Me where his son got hit by the drunk driver.

House is a great show, but it's sick babies galore in this one. So I'm exploring this place instead.

punkrockmama

Anyone else that can't bear to watch any sick, dying, hurt, abused, murdered baby/child episodes since becomming a parent?

They were never my favorite ones, but I could watch it for the interesting story it was. Now, it just hurts my heart too much to even watch.

That means I miss about half of Law & Order SVU, and had to completely avoid the epi of Rescue Me where his son got hit by the drunk driver.

House is a great show, but it's sick babies galore in this one. So I'm exploring this place instead.

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

punkrockmama

buddyleebaby
06-23-2006, 11:07 PM
i can't watch either. But I've always been rather teary, even before kids.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

buddyleebaby

kijip
06-24-2006, 03:03 AM
I was never a sensitive or teary gal prior to having Toby but the mama bear instinct in me makes it hard to watch/impossible to watch anything that involves children getting hurt. My husband is the same way now, he actually teared up during the 4th Harry Potter movie when Cedric's dad realizes what has happened after Harry comes out of the maze. I thought it would get better has the pregnancy hormones wore off, but as my child has grown my sensitivity grows too!

And welcome to the boards- we can use some more punkrockmamas around here as far as this punky mama is concerned. I like to *think* I help put the rock in punk rock mommy. Seriously though I am a huge music fan mama living in (um, NEAR now- just moved to the suburbs!) Seattle. I don't think they confiscate studded belts out here in the suburbs ;) We shall see...

kijip
I was never a sensitive or teary gal prior to having Toby but the mama bear instinct in me makes it hard to watch/impossible to watch anything that involves children getting hurt. My husband is the same way now, he actually teared up during the 4th Harry Potter movie when Cedric's dad realizes what has happened after Harry comes out of the maze. I thought it would get better has the pregnancy hormones wore off, but as my child has grown my sensitivity grows too!

And welcome to the boards- we can use some more punkrockmamas around here as far as this punky mama is concerned. I like to *think* I help put the rock in punk rock mommy. Seriously though I am a huge music fan mama living in (um, NEAR now- just moved to the suburbs!) Seattle. I don't think they confiscate studded belts out here in the suburbs ;) We shall see...

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

kijip

anamika
06-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Whew, I thought I was the only one....
After having a baby, it's just ridiculous how easily I tear up........it's to the point that the only channels I can watch are Disney, Nick, HGTV and Food.
I haven't watched the news since DD was born and the only thing I read in the newspaper is the cartoons! The sad part is I'm really not exaggerating.
Does it ever get better? I imagine it will only get worse as DD gets older and goes to school, has her own life, starts driving - yikes!

anamika
After having a baby, it's just ridiculous how easily I tear up........it's to the point that the only channels I can watch are Disney, Nick, HGTV and Food.
I haven't watched the news since DD was born and the only thing I read in the newspaper is the cartoons! The sad part is I'm really not exaggerating.
Does it ever get better? I imagine it will only get worse as DD gets older and goes to school, has her own life, starts driving - yikes!

anamika

anamika

anamika

anamika

anamika

anamika

anamika

purpleeyes
06-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I stopped watching Rescue Me after that episode-couldn't handle it!
I tried it again this week and it was so upsetting I was mad at myself for trying ;)

I totally agree about SVU and House-I also hated any episode of Lost with problems with the baby.

Beth

purpleeyes
I tried it again this week and it was so upsetting I was mad at myself for trying ;)

I totally agree about SVU and House-I also hated any episode of Lost with problems with the baby.

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

purpleeyes

Beth

jarrettsmom9705
06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I couldn't watch re-runs of E.R. while I was pregnant because every other episode a woman had a miscarriage, the baby died during delivery, a baby is abused, etc. It made me very paranoid about my own child and what might go wrong.
What I can't take now that I'm a mom are the news stories about shaken babies or babies murdered by their parents. I get physically ill.
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
I couldn't watch re-runs of E.R. while I was pregnant because every other episode a woman had a miscarriage, the baby died during delivery, a baby is abused, etc. It made me very paranoid about my own child and what might go wrong.
What I can't take now that I'm a mom are the news stories about shaken babies or babies murdered by their parents. I get physically ill.
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

jarrettsmom9705
Tracy

Raidra
06-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I usually refuse to watch anything that involves kids being hurt, sick, etc. That eliminates a lot of horror movies for me, because even when they show teenagers/college students dying, I get upset because they're somebody's kids (even Cabin Fever got me thinking that way).

One of the worst for me was a Six Feet Under episode where a baby died of SIDS. I saw it before I realized what was happening, and it was terrible. The whole scene was from the baby's point of view.. just heart-wrenching. And speaking of Six Feet Under, there was another episode where a girl (I can't remember how old, maybe 12?) fell off a bed and broke her neck, a totally freak accident. But I'm totally paranoid about the kids falling now.

Watching shows like that convince me that there is a freak accident/fatal illness/murderer/pervert right around the corner. But I still watch them, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Raidra
I usually refuse to watch anything that involves kids being hurt, sick, etc. That eliminates a lot of horror movies for me, because even when they show teenagers/college students dying, I get upset because they're somebody's kids (even Cabin Fever got me thinking that way).

One of the worst for me was a Six Feet Under episode where a baby died of SIDS. I saw it before I realized what was happening, and it was terrible. The whole scene was from the baby's point of view.. just heart-wrenching. And speaking of Six Feet Under, there was another episode where a girl (I can't remember how old, maybe 12?) fell off a bed and broke her neck, a totally freak accident. But I'm totally paranoid about the kids falling now.

Watching shows like that convince me that there is a freak accident/fatal illness/murderer/pervert right around the corner. But I still watch them, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Raidra

Raidra

Raidra

Raidra

Raidra

Raidra

Raidra

punkrockmama
06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Yep.

I still watch Rescue Me, I have too. It's amazing.

I never saw an epi of SFU. That sounds like an awful thing to see.

Thanks Katie! It's funny, I almost regretted picking that screename. Not very punk to call yourself punk, eh? LOL

punkrockmama
Yep.

Thanks Katie! It's funny, I almost regretted picking that screename. Not very punk to call yourself punk, eh? LOL

punkrockmama
Yep.

punkrockmama
Yep.

punkrockmama
Yep.

punkrockmama
Yep.

punkrockmama
Yep.

punkrockmama
Yep.

punkrockmama
Yep.